Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 11-07-2004, 11:39 PM

Dedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betray
1 or 2 strikers?

we have been linked with a lot of strikers recently....

has there been any indication as to whether dowie wants 1 or 2 more strikers to booster the squad?

frankly i hope 2- allback and bothroyd
Old 11-07-2004, 11:41 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
one decent partner for aj. then competion.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:45 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
one decent partner for aj. then competion.

ugger that lets play 4-3-3
Old 12-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Top Banana

BUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The more the merrier
Old 12-07-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
12 please
Old 12-07-2004, 12:20 AM

bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?bananaman knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
just 2 feking good ones wil do!!
Old 12-07-2004, 12:23 AM

1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best1dougiefreedman is the best
Quote:
Originally posted by bananaman
just 2 feking good ones wil do!!
IMHO weve already got 2 fecking good ones in AJ and Doug. I can see why we need more coming in and most probably players better than these 2. I think that these 2 can definetly cut it in the Prem.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:53 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Re: 1 or 2 strikers?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dedders

Frankly i hope 2- allback and bothroyd
I agree but i think it is far more likely we will end up with allback and sandor torgehelle, still not to bad if dowie was originally prepared to spend £1million on ST then he must have somthing about him!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:09 AM

Igor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
I would hope 2 in (perm two from Scowcroft, Torgelle, Allback, Bothroyd). 1 out (Doug in part exchange for Scowcroft). Then assess what we have before farming Shipps out and allowing youth to progress (Williams).

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn" - Samuel Johnson
Old 12-07-2004, 09:10 AM

cpfc4eva&eva is playing for a contract
What about Ashton?
Old 12-07-2004, 09:14 AM

Igor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4eva&eva
What about Ashton?
Dowie reported as saying that he talked to Gradi and they said not interested in selling. No bid tabled. Not sure if ID has gone cold on the deal.

For the record, Ashton is THE player I want Palace to sign if possible.

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn" - Samuel Johnson
Old 12-07-2004, 09:15 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Igor Iconic
....1 out (Doug in part exchange for Scowcroft). ....
ID has ruled out such a move - he wants Dougie in the squad.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:17 AM

he is the player i want as well, tall, quick and scores goals!!! Be interesting to know if Dowie still wants him still
Old 12-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Sexual Harrassment Panda

JJO is playing for a contract
I'd like 2, Torghelle for the future and perhaps Allbäck now if the price is right. But I'd rather go for someone a bit more established at the highest level (Allbäck has been good for Sweden and in Holland but has yet to make an impact in the prem) day to day.

The scenario I'd prefer is Palace loaning an experienced striker who's perhaps out of favor at his club. His wages might be sizeable but with no transfer fee and no obligation to the player if Palace are relegated then suddenly it seems like a rather enticing option.

It won't be someone of Crespo's or Kluivert's stature but remember that eg. Bolton were able to lure Ivan Campo (initially on loan) from Real Madrid, and he wasn't exactly a reserve most of the time.

A loan signing or two for the midfield could be solid as well. Richardson + one central midfielder could be useful.

edit: I wouldn't mind if Palace went for Kevin Campbell either. Unlike Les Ferdinand, Campbell is actually known to score big goals for clubs that are saved from relegation whereas Sir Les has seen 2 or 3 of his clubs (Leicester, West Ham, OPR back in the day?) go down.

He's probably more than raring to go and ready to prove all the naysayers wrong. His experience would be invaluable and also due to his benching after returning from injuries his banged up body will probably be well rested as well. Dowie & Harbin would surely get him back into match shape in no time.

Last edited by JJO; 12-07-2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:22 AM

Dedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc4eva&eva
he is the player i want as well, tall, quick and scores goals!!! Be interesting to know if Dowie still wants him still
i think ashton move has been ruled out as crewe wanted 'silly money' for him...
a shame- he excited me more than anyone else we have been linked with, although i think richardson and cahill would be promising signings
Old 12-07-2004, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beanie
I bow to your knowledge Beanie but can't see ID's reasoning for this. He barely used Doug last season even when Shipps was poor at times. Unless he thinks Doug will adapt to the higher stage better or he is intending to change the footballing style we play. I also bow to ID's knowledge and judgement.

Old 12-07-2004, 09:49 AM

we_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proudwe_8_brighton is south London and proud
Allback would be good for us if he played anything like he does for Sweeden (he hasn't for Villa though). Not a fan of Bothroyd to be honest. Would love Ashton but it looks like it won''t happen.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:52 AM

It would be great to see Ashton join. Perfect for AJ, i am sure it aint dead. Dowie knows the players he wants and generally gets them. Cahill wants to join Palace because he does not want to move and wants to work with Dowie, this is a FACT!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:56 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Beanie
So do I. No real foundation for my thinking but I just feel Dougie's style will be of better use in the Prem
Old 12-07-2004, 10:03 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
I'd like Kanoute if he's out of favour with Tottenham. Also Jansen who can play up front + be cover for left midfield. Harewood would be good + Allback, Torghelle ok. But I don't want Scowcroft, Campbell, Boothroyd.