Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 31-05-2001, 02:58 PM
England expects

DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH DUTCH
Quote:
[/i]
[B]Footballunlimited claims that Sheff Wed can't afford to offer Des Walker a new contract, so
he's being released.[/]
You may well be right, but I think it was Sky Sport that had a quote (or supposed) from Sheff. saying they couldn't offer a contract that was of interest to Des Walker. This could mean they couldn't afford him, or that he turned them down. I expect I just chose the wrong meaning.

Last edited by DUTCH; 31-05-2001 at 03:01 PM.
Old 31-05-2001, 03:24 PM
Oh south london

Eagles Fan Eagles Fan Eagles Fan Eagles Fan Eagles Fan Eagles Fan Eagles Fan Eagles Fan Eagles Fan Eagles Fan Eagles Fan
If Ravanelli can move to Derby then anything is possible.

PS. Cool new format. But BRING BACK THE STARS!!! :blue:
Old 31-05-2001, 03:31 PM

Little Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is Irwin out of contract at Man U then? Would his wages be astronomical? How old is he?
Old 31-05-2001, 03:56 PM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My concern is that we will spend huge amounts of money on someone who is not worth that much. I have heard from a Huddersfield supporter and it has been said on other threads that Bruce was a bit careless at Huddersfield and spent too much on players and wages. With SJ giving him 9million what could he be like then?
Old 31-05-2001, 04:29 PM
Because we want to...

Philr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weedPhilr_99 is AJ vs the 'weed
Quote:
Originally posted by Popester
Gary Pallister and ...
Steve Bruce, back out of retirement!!!
HaHa! yeah, with Paul Parker and Clayton Blackmore!!!
Old 31-05-2001, 05:06 PM

Belly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screenBelly has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Just wondering if Mark Hughes has hung his boot's up yet.
I would imagine him and bruce are quite pally.
Even though he's knocking on a bit, i would think he could do a job for us.
Old 31-05-2001, 05:32 PM

RobbieB is playing for a contract
Brian Robson will probably be free on Saturday afternoons shortly too...
Old 31-05-2001, 05:49 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quinton Fortune is on the transfer list at Man Utd for 3,000,000!!!

Old 31-05-2001, 06:00 PM

Palace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little pawPalace was a thieving dog at work until they caught your little paw
One thing surely that is good to come from Bruce is his United connections. Fortune and Irwin???
Old 31-05-2001, 10:01 PM
Been away but back again!

skyrocket6 is playing for a contract
norman whiteside and Gary Bailey
Old 31-05-2001, 10:06 PM

yorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
what about
fortune 3 million
irwin 1 million (i know but hes old)
gus poyet 2.5 million
dennis wise 2 million
and forsell 3.million

there u go 11.5 million over spent already

stevie bruces red'n'blue army
Old 31-05-2001, 10:08 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Irwin's on a free but i doubt he'll move the family south which is a pity.
Old 01-06-2001, 12:40 AM

pedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I do not believe they have actually found the two players yet. Let's face it when has the club ever kept quiet over a deal ? Asaba perhaps, Koumas maybe ! or could it be that they have learnt from their past mistakes ? Now that would be a turn up wouldn't it.
Old 01-06-2001, 04:02 AM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Well I certainly hope Wise AIN'T coming !

I'd be very very surprised if Tony Adams joined Palace (but
happy) whilst it sounds like Des Walker is off to Watford
(thankfully !).

Certainly (when he's fit again) I could see Bruce moving for
Wijnhard, who won't play in the second division. I still think that
Chris Lucketti will be a target too, and here's hoping (as I'm
fond of harping on about !!) that we can get someone like
Jonathan Greening who would be absolutely perfect as that
"attacking central midfielder" that we're crying out for !!

Oh - maybe Nico Vaesen will be a target as well .... I realise that
most of these don't qualify as big signings, but I can see SB being
interested in them. Apparently he's also a fan of Paul Evans
(central midfielder) at Brentford and I can also see Terry B
recommending a couple of their players now that we have a
manager.
Old 01-06-2001, 04:18 AM
I've got a 5 year plan...

Spikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSpikemeister was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Lets hope that we have one final effort to get Forsell.....might need Chelsea to sign another forward first.
An go to Tranmere, try for Koumas and Parkinson.
Old 01-06-2001, 04:23 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I cant see Adams coming. I'm sure I've heard that this is to be his last season so why would he spend it at Palace when he has the opportunity to play his whole career out at Arsenal? Would be an amazing feat in this day and age.
Old 01-06-2001, 12:30 PM

Gladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Feather
My concern is that we will spend huge amounts of money on someone who is not worth that much. I have heard from a Huddersfield supporter and it has been said on other threads that Bruce was a bit careless at Huddersfield and spent too much on players and wages. With SJ giving him 9million what could he be like then?
It depends on whether Jordan has learnt from last season's transfer dealings, but it would seem that he did most of them last year and although he will give Bruce the financial backing there is no way that he won't have the last word.

From glimpses of last year it would look like the squad is strong enough to put in some good performances and therefore it seems pointless to rush out and sign players for the sake of it. I would give Bruce, Kember and Bullivant a couple of months to settle down, allow the players to prove themselves and then see what the situation is.

There is enough quality in the current squad to get in to contention for the play-offs so come on Brucie show us what you can so........what do points make?!
Old 01-06-2001, 01:20 PM
desperate

eagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleDAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: 2 Major Signings This Week

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle

So, has anybody got any clues who these signings could be, some say they will be the biggest in the club's history?
This is Palace we're talking about here. We'll never sign anyone thats good enough for the premiership. We finished 4th bottom last year and derserved it too - who's gonna come here unless a) it's a step up ie: they're only 1st/2nd div quality at the moment or b) They're on the way out and we offer them one last big payday eg: Ruddock, Hopkin etc..

Much I as thank Mr J for keeping my club alive I've long since stopped believing the hype/sales pitch and I landed back in the real world again.
Lets be honest, if you were a non-Palace supporting footballer would CPFC be top of your list? I don't think so. To this end I believe the following :-

"biggest signing" = tallest signing = Crouch from QPR.

or someone about that level of crapness. I hope I'm wrong but look at the history.
Old 01-06-2001, 04:30 PM

jaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsjaybee has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Just in from CP FRIS,

Quote:
There is fresh speculation that 30-year old Huddersfield Town keeper
Nico Vaesen has been the subject of a 1million bid from newly
appointed Crystal Palace boss Steve Bruce - and that this initial
bid was immediately rejected. The Belgium born goalkeeper has had
rave reviews since joining the West Yorkshire club in July 1998,
and is a firm fans favourite but the Terriers recent relegation to
Division Two is thought to have cost the club in the region of 4m
in lost revenue and this ultimately may force its hand.

The London First Division club surprised the bookies by beating the
drop on the last game of the 2000/2001 season - by a twist of fate
sending Huddersfield down in the process and it is thought that
Bruce, who was only appointed Eagles boss this week, has a transfer
kitty in the region of 10m. The rejection of the initial 1m offer
may increase interest from a string of other clubs and it is thought
that newly relegated outfit Bradford City are also preparing a bid,
as they too are reported to be in the market for a proven
goalkeeper.

It is by no means the first time that the 80,000 Peter Jackson buy
has attracted interest from other clubs and during his time at the
McAlpine, there has been regular calls that the player should be
included in the Belgium national squad. The club itself refused to
comment on the recent reports but sources suggest that should the
player decide that he would prefer to play elsewhere, then an
increased offer may be seriously considered, as keeping an unhappy
player would benefit neither party.
Old 01-06-2001, 04:41 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Irwin and Koumas, thats what im praying for.

Nico Vaesen - NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, where have those sleeping pills gone.