Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:39 AM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally posted by knackers
Well done England on a couragous Tri Series victory.
Hats off to Collingwood, Flintoff, Bell, Nixon and Plunkett who all had good moments in the games as well as Joyce.
Disappointing effort by the Aussies but live and learn and i'm sure they'll get better.
Thanks for the memories Glenn you big f#cken sook and lets hope they take Clark instead of McGrath to the world cup as he and Gillie must surely be at the end of their ODI careers now.

hayden before both.

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:40 AM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally posted by Aki Aki Aki
what a lovely person you must be.

with a username like yours....

for your information.

all time classic BT vernacular.

To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:48 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Still can't believe the Ozzies bottled it My mum could have beaten England.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:05 AM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
1) Well done England.
2) I think the Auusie coach was right to want more of a game but perhaps next time he wont go public with his thoughts.
3) I don't think we were ever that far off being a decent one day side but even now, that is all we are, decent. Aus, SA, India, Pak, Sri Lanka and even WI & NZ are probably still better 1 day sides. One swallow does not make a summer.
4) Graveney calling for apologies to Flectcher. Bollocks, thanks Dunc, you should still go. The margins between victory and defeat were slim and we still need change.

I'm still not having the critiscism of KP though you Aussie boys. He did the right thing, we need him 100% for the world cup and it has made people stand up in his abscence. Harmison has been fairly critiscised though and IMO rightly so. I'm still a fan of his bowling but his lack of bottle is embarassing.

Finally, very early in the tour, some Aussies were comparing Lehmann's worth to the Aussie side against Collingwood. They are different players who fill different positions but when all is said and done, Colly has showed tremendous balls in the latter stages of this tour. He has been outstanding with the bat, superb in the field and been more than decent with ball. He has given and received some stick but has remained focused throughout. Whatever you think of his technique or ability, he is a fantastic 1 day performer and it would be nice to get some Aussie praise for this guy.

I think hell has just frozen over!

Last edited by Radders; 12-02-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:11 AM
leviathan

i will admit, collingwood is a fine one day player.

knuckles down, does what he has to. can bowl, and field.

all in all, this will be a good thing for the aussies. they'll annex the w.c because of it.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:09 PM

knackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seenknackers dances on the sands, and yet no footing seen
Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
i will admit, collingwood is a fine one day player.

C'mon Oz you don't make a double century against the best test team in the world if you can't play. The blokes a good quality cricketer who works hard for his runs and does remind me to a lesser degree of Steve Waugh, average technique but a solid allround cricketer. Mind you S.R.Waugh was a champion.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fair play to them winning the series like that.
Must have been awful lot of media pressure on 'em
Old 12-02-2007, 12:22 PM
leviathan

Quote:
Originally posted by knackers
C'mon Oz you don't make a double century against the best test team in the world if you can't play. The blokes a good quality cricketer who works hard for his runs and does remind me to a lesser degree of Steve Waugh, average technique but a solid allround cricketer. Mind you S.R.Waugh was a champion.
so in no way is he anywhere near steve waugh's ballpark.

stupid comment.

double century on flat track.

average test player. very good ODI player. end of.

fielding and dibbly dobbly stuff are good.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:23 PM
leviathan

meanwhile, can we get back to the dud, strauss.

surely his days in an england top are numbered.

couldn't possibly be picked for the Windies?????

Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He reminds me of Mark Butcher in his early days playing for England. At the moment he is rather care free hitting outside of off stump. When he overcomes this he will be an asset to the team.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
This win is the sporting equivalent of spraying air freshener after a “eight pints of Guinness and a Chicken Vindaloo” shit. The smell may be covered up some what but you know what’s happened and it wasn’t pretty. All in all the tour has been a disaster but some good has come out of it. Monty now looks like a fixture in both test and ODI sides. These is now no chance Fletcher, who is going anyway, will be sacked pre World Cup (the only ODO tournament that actually matters). So does Fletcher know what his best ODI side is for the world cup?
The key decision is if Vaughan will captain. I hope not as he’s not good enough at limited overs and I’d rather he recovers fully for the test series this summer. KP will walk into yesterday’s XI and Strauss is gone. Anderson will be in for Saj. What to do about Dalrymple? He’s not quite good enough and I can’t be bothered to learn how to spell his name but who could replace him?

On a completely unrelated point do players with one initial envy their colleagues when they look at the scorecard? Yes I mean you Mr A Flintoff and B Lee. A good cricket name should have two, preferably three initials. I guess in the case of A Flintoff at least his surname is rare but the parents of Brett and Jon Lewis surely must have realised that their son would share his name with thousands of others.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:54 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surely Vaas has the best set of letters...
Old 12-02-2007, 02:10 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Oisin
This win is the sporting equivalent of spraying air freshener after a “eight pints of Guinness and a Chicken Vindaloo” shit. The smell may be covered up some what but you know what’s happened and it wasn’t pretty. All in all the tour has been a disaster but some good has come out of it. Monty now looks like a fixture in both test and ODI sides. These is now no chance Fletcher, who is going anyway, will be sacked pre World Cup (the only ODO tournament that actually matters). So does Fletcher know what his best ODI side is for the world cup?
The key decision is if Vaughan will captain. I hope not as he’s not good enough at limited overs and I’d rather he recovers fully for the test series this summer. KP will walk into yesterday’s XI and Strauss is gone. Anderson will be in for Saj. What to do about Dalrymple? He’s not quite good enough and I can’t be bothered to learn how to spell his name but who could replace him?

On a completely unrelated point do players with one initial envy their colleagues when they look at the scorecard? Yes I mean you Mr A Flintoff and B Lee. A good cricket name should have two, preferably three initials. I guess in the case of A Flintoff at least his surname is rare but the parents of Brett and Jon Lewis surely must have realised that their son would share his name with thousands of others.
I agree to an extent that it doesn't make up all that much for the dissapointment of the team's performance in the Ashes, which was the trophy all England cricket fans craved if we're honest. However, it is a positive before the world cup and gives us hope that we can avoid humiliation in that. It also gives hope to all the other nations that Australia aren't totally invincible, which is a plus for the competitivness of the sport. Whether we liked it or not we had to play the OD games after the test capitulation and at least we've held our own in that by and large.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:41 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
meanwhile, can we get back to the dud, strauss.

surely his days in an england top are numbered.

couldn't possibly be picked for the Windies?????
I agree, his interviews annoy me aswell, he sounds like a big girl, no real character about him.

Replace him with KP.

I know some wont agree but im not sure about Panasear for the world cup, in the last few games he hasnt really contributed much with the ball, he cant bat and cant field

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by maestro
I know some wont agree but im not sure about Panasear for the world cup, in the last few games he hasnt really contributed much with the ball, he cant bat and cant field
That's not true.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:53 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
I just have a feeling thats he's going to get hit all over with the small W.Indies boudary's

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 12-02-2007, 05:55 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by maestro
I just have a feeling thats he's going to get hit all over with the small W.Indies boudary's
We need a spinner, he is better than good and he's the best we have. He has done fine in the field and he isn't as bad with the bat as some make out. At the end of the day, he has hit Murali for 6 in a test match, some top line batsmen will retire without that on their CV!!

He's a must for the Windies.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Panesar can do much more than the likes of Giles could I feel. If he makes the most of different paces and bounce he could do something when wickets are really turning. It is a big learning curve for him in ODI's but he is still a must for the World Cup.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:00 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
He is improving all the time in his batting and fielding and is the best spinner we have. I have seen little mistakes from him in Australia.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:04 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Even on Saturday night, the Aussies weren't chancing a run against Monty's arm like they were in the earlier matches... shows he is working to improve himself as an all-round cricketer so fair play to him.