Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 18-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
How many games have Australia won since Buchanan announced England and NZ weren't providing his players decent practice before the world cup? As a motivational tool it seems to have backfired.
Old 18-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Laptopman will be gone soon enough.

A few clowns in the ODI XI at the moment. Hopefully won't be wearing the golden pj's again.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 18-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by oz_da II
Laptopman will be gone soon enough.

A few clowns in the ODI XI at the moment. Hopefully won't be wearing the golden pj's again.
I've said before Hogg and White should be nowhere near the team. Who else have you got down?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 18-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hogg is fine (backed up with plenty of results) especially if Freddy is facing.

I wouldn't have Jacques and Hadden. Possibly Watson.

Old 18-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hogg is fine (backed up with plenty of results) especially if Freddy is facing.

I wouldn't have Jacques and Hadden. Possibly Watson.
No englishman can read a leggie, it's just something in our blood.

Heard something on the radio that White caught Taylor and then stepped over the ropes. really? Isn't that the second time in a couple of weeks or am i thinking of someone else.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 18-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Shooting down bogans

Can 't recall. Taylor rode his luck quite a few times. Quite a few french cuts off Tait. Played and missed of Hogg which glanced the off stump (bail remained unlodged).

Quite possibly the worst fielding performance by an Australian side for a many a year. Especially Jacques.

Old 18-02-2007, 10:39 AM
South Londons No1

Godstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not too bad today...only a five wicket defeat this time!
Old 18-02-2007, 10:56 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Defintely comes across as one.

Excellent figures from Tait today, easily the pick of the bowlers.
oh dear !!

Gilchrist - truely world class, one of the greats - had his day ?
Ponting - truly world class, definitely one of the world's best ever
Hussey - one of the best batsman in the world at the moment
McGrath - record speaks for itself
Symmonds - a great one day player
Lee - will always go for a few in one day cricket

The rest no better than anyone else.

The playing field is levelling as predicted !! Welcome to our world !!
Old 18-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
Originally posted by eaglejez
The rest no better than anyone else.

The playing field is levelling as predicted !! Welcome to our world !!
I'd like to hear your thoughts on Ronchi, North, Marsh, Hilfenhaus, Bailey, Birt, Voges, Ferguson and Henriques.

The future is very bright.

Old 18-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
I'd like to hear your thoughts on Ronchi, North, Marsh, Hilfenhaus, Bailey, Birt, Voges, Ferguson and Henriques.

They don't all make it. In 2005 i posted this (in a rant about Collingwood)

Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Can we please stop going on about Collingwood - he will never ever have what it takes. Earlier i said i could name at least five players who i'd take ahead of him - i'll go one better i'll name five uncapped players.

Alistair Cook
Bilal Shafayat
Alex Gidman
Scott Newman
Stephen Moore
I'd post something different now. Shafayat continues to waste his huge talent. Newman has an attitude issue - although still a very very decent player. Gidman appears to have regressed......could go on.

Collingwood still doesn't have the talent though.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
They don't all make it.
Well aware of that. I'm just interested in knowing what jez thinks of these players. He seems quite confident that they are all ordinary.

Old 18-02-2007, 11:43 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well aware of that. I'm just interested in knowing what jez thinks of these players. He seems quite confident that they are all ordinary.
to be honest I can't comment since I've never heard of them ! They aren't tested out yet - they may turn out to be the best of all time but no one knows and Australia don't have any better prospects than say England or Pakistan !! (it wasn't long ago that the Aussies were saying that their 5th team could beat anyone !!)
Old 18-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
to be honest I can't comment since I've never heard of them ! They aren't tested out yet - they may turn out to be the best of all time but no one knows and Australia don't have any better prospects than say England or Pakistan !!
Hang on, you just said you've never heard of these players. So how can you say with any confidence at all that they are no better than the prospects in England or Pakistan?

Old 18-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Hang on, you just said you've never heard of these players. So how can you say with any confidence at all that they are no better than the prospects in England or Pakistan?

I can't ! I never said that. I just said that most people outside Australia are saying that since some of the greatest players in the history of the game who happened to be in the same team are retiring then it might mean Australia will not dominate as much as they have done in recent years. The Aussie response seems to be that its not an issue since they have such a great strength in depth and loads of new players coming through.

I'm saying that any other country could probably throw out loads of promising youngsters names in the same way !! Maybe these guys will be great but who knows.

It has to be said a lot of your players looks pretty ordinary !!
Old 18-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
It has to be said a lot of your players looks pretty ordinary !!
Have you heard of any of them...

I suppose you're judging this on a couple of ODI's you've watched.

Old 18-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
Australia don't have any better prospects than say England or Pakistan !! (it wasn't long ago that the Aussies were saying that their 5th team could beat anyone !!)
Quote:
how can you say with any confidence at all that they are no better than the prospects in England or Pakistan?
Quote:
I can't ! I never said that.
Hmmm, are you sure you never said that?

Old 18-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Remember Our Heroes

Super-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Quote:

Ive seen North & Birt from their time at Lancashire and Derbyshire respectively - also seen bits of Ronchi, Marsh, Hilfenhaus, Voges - but wouldnt say enough to judge them. Not seen the others.

From my eyes, England also have some good prospects in Nick Compton, Steven Davies, Stuart Broad, Adil Rashid, and Tom Smith amongst others who could come through.

Saying that, England's team is quite a young side already, with potentially the likes of Cook and Plunkett being around for 10-12 more years
Old 18-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Completely and utterly agree.#

EDIT: With your premise - for clarity

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 18-02-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 18-02-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, are you sure you never said that?
I was trying to say all countries have decent prospects ! You seem to be saying that your prospects are better than all the other countries ?
Old 18-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
I was trying to say all countries have decent prospects !
Do they? Are you sure?