Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-02-2007, 01:37 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Fractured big toe - don't know yet
The stupid structure of this tournament means that a player can miss the group matches for a test side, and it still would not make a difference, and the big 8 will all qualify anyway.
Old 20-02-2007, 01:47 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
The stupid structure of this tournament means that a player can miss the group matches for a test side, and it still would not make a difference, and the big 8 will all qualify anyway.
and England hopefully !!
Old 20-02-2007, 03:23 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
The aussies are fallign like flies, there wont be any left to play at the world cup!

In all seriousness though I have to say that all these injuries are down to that stupid tri tournament thing where everyone played each other about 8 times! whats the point in that? the players must be exhausted

Why not just play each other 2-3 times tops

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 20-02-2007, 10:33 PM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

bunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Appalling stuff yesterday, just rubbish.

Irrespective of how small the ground is, how flat the deck is, how many players you have out, NO side should EVER lose a one day match after scoring 346 and having the opposition 4/41. x 100
Old 20-02-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by bunghole

Irrespective of how small the ground is, how flat the deck is, how many players you have out, NO side should EVER lose a one day match after scoring 346 and having the opposition 4/41. x 100
Lucky you don't follow england then Bung!
Old 20-02-2007, 10:38 PM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

bunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I can't recall a side ever losing a one day match from that position GB. I know that teams have chased down big scores previously, but not when they've lost 4 early wickets.
Old 20-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Aussies will recover, and probably still win the World Cup. They have plently of time until the Super 8's or whatever. I'm sure they can afford to keep a couple of injured players in the squad and ease past the non-test sides.
Old 20-02-2007, 10:48 PM
South Londons No1

Godstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Absolution
The Aussies will recover, and probably still win the World Cup. They have plently of time until the Super 8's or whatever. I'm sure they can afford to keep a couple of injured players in the squad and ease past the non-test sides.
They could well do...but theyve got some problems. They could have done without going over to NZ to play those 3 games..totally pointless trip (in more ways than one ) the manner in which they have lost those games has not been good..and bound to affect morale, irrespective of the fact that Ponting and Gilchrist werent there. And of course more importantly, Lee and Hayden have both got injured. With Gilchrist not joining up until the later stages of the World Cup, and possibly Symons as well..they have got a fair few problems to sort out.
Old 20-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
They could have done with just resting, you're right.
Old 20-02-2007, 10:52 PM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

Quote:
They could have done with just resting, you're right.
We're in strife Absolution, no doubt about it.

Debatable as to whether or not things will get better in the WC.

Speaking as a betting man, I'd be laying us to the hilt on Betfair.
Old 20-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep,They are definitely at their most dangerous when their backs are against the wall

I'll put a few dollars on them
Old 20-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its a bit early to start condemning us bung, but i have to agree that we look tired and people like Watson are a long way off returning to fitness. We currently lack a fifth bowler with Roy on the sidelines. Hogg is not the player he was and big hitters like White and Voges don't appear to have the necessary bowling skills to match up to the role.
Old 20-02-2007, 11:28 PM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

Know what you're saying Jim, but I still wouldn't want to be on us at the short odds on offer.
Old 20-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Virtually Insane

mrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well, what an excellent game that was!

Do feel sorry for Hayden, almost Collingwood esque!!
Old 20-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Kuqi Monster

Raoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Fantastic lower order batting against admittedly poor bowling. Well done New Zealand.

This bad run for Australia will be as good for Australian Cricket as losing the Ashes was in '05. Sometimes we just deserve a good kick up the ass and losing two matches in a row after scoring 300+, plus losing the three matches before it will help in the long run.

The injuries don't bother me at all either. I'd be happy to send a team of kids to the World Cup who will learn a lot more playing than watching a team 32yo+ having one last hurrah.
Old 20-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Kuqi Monster

Raoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Forgot to add . . . .

I do feel sorry for Mr Cricket though, he deserves better.
Old 21-02-2007, 12:06 AM

philaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Godstone Eagle
They could have done without going over to NZ to play those 3 games..totally pointless trip
I felt Gilchristís comments belittling this series were poor. Yes it was a series at the end of a long summer for Australia. But itís not as if it wasn't scheduled in the calendar - it Ďs not as if it snuck up on the Australian cricket authorities without them knowing!

In Australia we get spoiled with a regular roster of Tests and ODIís throughout the summer. The Australian team plays throughout the summer in front of adoring home crowds. So I think itís fairly pathetic of Gilchrist to demean the contest in New Zealand. Why shouldnít the Kiwis get to play Australia at home?

Gilchrist sets himself up for the accusation that anything at home is important, and in particular anything at home that Australia wins is extra important. As soon as we lose something, itís downplayed and dismissed as irrelevant.
Old 21-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Kuqi Monster

The selectors could of avoided our boys being so tired (boo hoo) by rotating the squad better (particularly the batsmen) during the tri series.
Old 21-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Whether its true or not Dizzy's comments look like a "just because your losing" remark. NZ have just spent almost two months of their short domestic international season playing eight matches in Australia depriving their fans of a chance to see them live. And then you have the Australian vice captain resenting being asked to play three matches in NZ in a week. Too many ODI's are played these days to the point that they become irrelevant but a three match week long series is hardly the most bloated ODI tournament going.
Old 21-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Is anyone else secretly hoping Vaughan doesn't recover?