Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-10-2020, 08:46 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Oh rubbish yeah I forgot about that Arsenal game. That was a bitter one to take.

Regardless, I don't know that anyone would have expected this start.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 18-10-2020, 10:27 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
Oh rubbish yeah I forgot about that Arsenal game. That was a bitter one to take.

Regardless, I don't know that anyone would have expected this start.
It is impressive and we could have expected a period of settling would be needed but this group has consistently been successful and attracted attention and has taken it in their stride so far. Pretty cool.

The U23’s have a tougher task and the reinforcements added were needed. Just watching the matches so far this season, the quality and tempo of the games in Cat1 is far better than anything I had seen before and better for development. Some of the players are noticeably struggling to adapt but it’s early days.
Old 18-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Was Mooney injured ? (off at 57 mins).
Old 19-10-2020, 07:51 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace U18s are due to play their first home league game this coming Saturday v Leicester. Obviously no fans allowed to watch. Which will result in scenes I witnessed yesterday lunchtime when what looked like Palace U11s were playing and many parents were watching from the pavement in Copers Cope rd with some standing on little stools so that they could see over the wall.
Old 19-10-2020, 07:58 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Palace U18s are due to play their first home league game this coming Saturday v Leicester. Obviously no fans allowed to watch. Which will result in scenes I witnessed yesterday lunchtime when what looked like Palace U11s were playing and many parents were watching from the pavement in Copers Cope rd with some standing on little stools so that they could see over the wall.
I believe the U13s allow 1 parent but no siblings. Seems harsh because my at a lower level you can watch youth football as long as you scan in and don't gather in groups of more than 6.
If you think it's pleasant
To shoot a pheasant
Then I think that makes you a...
Old 19-10-2020, 09:40 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The game yesterday was on the new outdoor astro pitch. Could have been some parents inside watching but were about 30 people watching from the street plus a couple of younger siblings who had no interest in the match who were racing their remote control car along the pavement.

Looks like it is a midday KO on Sat for the U18s. If so, I may take a stroll passed and see if can get a photo for Twitter upload. Leicester are bottom of the divison having lost every match so far, so hopefully our U18s can continue their good start.
Old 19-10-2020, 03:06 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
U23's finally get a win at Burnley. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-10-2020, 04:14 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Two academy players have signed pro contracts.

Big one is Jaydan Raymond who looked like he was off.

Other is Fion Mooney.

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Old 19-10-2020, 04:42 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Other is Fion Mooney.
Good interviews on Palace TV. Exciting players and be interesting to see them progress. Really like the look of Mooney who seems to have the flexibility that the modern player needs. Seen less of Jadan but has a great reputation. Long way to go but great to have them signed up already.
Old 19-10-2020, 05:00 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
More from Matt on these two: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-10-2020, 05:36 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Haven't read the Athletic article yet - so apologies if it is in there - but does anyone know why Raymond hasn't featured for the Under 18s so far this season?
Old 19-10-2020, 05:39 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Injury.
Old 20-10-2020, 11:00 AM

Ticehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTicehurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Mooney is very highly looks a proper no 10..I'm pretty sure Raymond was on the verge of a move to Leeds but he stayed with us don't know if anyone can confirm this..this age group is an exciting squad think there are other lads who are expected big things off...
Old 20-10-2020, 11:47 AM

Woosie provided quite a lot of detail at the time in his articles within The Athletic about Raymond possibly joining Leeds.
I've not seen much of Raymond live due to his injury. I had seen Mooney live a few times for U18s pre covid. Always very impressive. Not quite a central midfielder, not quite a centre forward. Definitely needs to play centrally as support striker / number 10. He's not similar to a lot of lads who played centrally in Academy but wide in 1st team (Moses, Scannell, Zaha) in that he's definitely not going to end up out wide.
Old 21-10-2020, 09:19 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Other is Fion Mooney.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 22-10-2020, 08:33 AM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Great video - seems like 2 very sensible young men. Would be great to see them both break through into the first team.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
FT: Norwich 2 - 3 Palace

Victor Akinwale 57',78'
David Omilabu 74' (pen)
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
U23's finally get a win at Burnley. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Thanks SP1Eagle
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Leicester at home for the U18's tomorrow, 12pm.

Wolves at home for the U23's on Monday, 2pm.