Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 29-09-2019, 09:15 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
The Tory conference has just got underway

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 29-09-2019, 11:14 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
The Tory conference has just got underway

Isn’t that Ian Duncan Smith leading the applause there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 29-09-2019, 12:21 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Isn’t that Ian Duncan Smith leading the applause there?
Yes. . Rolling someone’s severed head on his right shoulder with Hennessey’s hand just behind telling the photographer to hurry up.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 29-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Looks like the tories have discovered, not a magic money tree but an overflowing well of the stuff to pay for their spending promises

"It is new money. It is bright, shiny, new money coming out of the Treasury in a great geyser." says Johnson.

Shame it remained hidden for the last 10 years

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 29-09-2019, 12:53 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here

Protesters hung a sign reading '130,000 killed under Tory rule, time to level the playing field' on a bridge
Old 29-09-2019, 12:57 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
As Johnson refuses to accept/admit how disgraceful and dangerous his recent language has been, I think it's fair enough if threats are made against him, his close colleagues and family.
Old 29-09-2019, 03:13 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
'Get Brexit Done and 'We are Leaving on 31st October' being repeated every 10 minutes although I'm not convinced by the audience response that they are all nailed on Brexiteers.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 29-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
'Get Brexit Done and 'We are Leaving on 31st October' being repeated every 10 minutes although I'm not convinced by the audience response that they are all nailed on Brexiteers.
Get Brexit done....

And then spend the next fifteen years actually organising it.

Cricket wanker.
Old 29-09-2019, 05:32 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
As Johnson refuses to accept/admit how disgraceful and dangerous his recent language has been, I think it's fair enough if threats are made against him, his close colleagues and family.
I don't think Boris gives a f*** about anyone except himself.
Old 29-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
I'm not convinced the entire Tory Party is behind Johnson. A third of the members didn't vote for him anyway and acting like a dick to impress Brexit party voters will cause a worry for many traditional Tories who value things like the rule of law and not lying to the Queen. The longer he is forced to wait for an election and the more extreme he becomes the more they’ll think “I can’t be bothered to canvass for him”.
Old 30-09-2019, 08:04 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
Looks like the tories have discovered, not a magic money tree but an overflowing well of the stuff to pay for their spending promises

"It is new money. It is bright, shiny, new money coming out of the Treasury in a great geyser." says Johnson.

Shame it remained hidden for the last 10 years
I think he means not "money" but "debt". And I thought we had enough of that. In any case his lips moved so it's not true.
Old 30-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
I'm not convinced the entire Tory Party is behind Johnson. A third of the members didn't vote for him anyway and acting like a dick to impress Brexit party voters will cause a worry for many traditional Tories who value things like the rule of law and not lying to the Queen. The longer he is forced to wait for an election and the more extreme he becomes the more they’ll think “I can’t be bothered to canvass for him”.

I would love to think you are right. But polls (fwiw) aren't supporting that view at present.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 30-09-2019, 08:14 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
No it's not; but it is evidence of how dangerous his devisive and inflammatory rhetoric is. People use his rhetoric to justify upping the ante and in turn he uses theirs to justify his. Where does it end?
Old 30-09-2019, 08:33 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Unfortunately tribalism will triumph over ethics

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 30-09-2019, 08:39 AM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I would love to think you are right. But polls (fwiw) aren't supporting that view at present.
There's a poll for everything these days though and you can find a poll to support pretty much any viewpoint, much like statistics. Are any of them actually reliable? (Genuine question that).
Old 30-09-2019, 08:48 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
There's a poll for everything these days though and you can find a poll to support pretty much any viewpoint, much like statistics. Are any of them actually reliable? (Genuine question that).
There has not been a poll since early July that has another party in the lead. The closest was a ComRes poll last week with a tie but they always had the narrowest leads.

The polls conducted since the Supreme Court decision have shown only marginal losses and not the swing many thought might happen.

You say you can find a poll to support pretty much any viewpoint, so can you find a relatively recent national poll to suggest anything other than a Tory win and most likely a hung Parliament?
Old 30-09-2019, 08:52 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
So it's not okay to hang a banner from a bridge but it is okay to be responsible for the deaths of 130000 people?

Okay.
Old 30-09-2019, 09:15 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
So it's not okay to hang a banner from a bridge but it is okay to be responsible for the deaths of 130000 people?

Okay.
The problem is that the hanging effigies make the words seem far more sinister
Old 30-09-2019, 09:46 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post

Okay.
Can you really not see the problem? Will it really make potential Labour voters think:

"Yes. I want to throw my lot in with these people. They're definitely on the same page as me"

We say it's time to dial down on the nasty rhetoric and you give it this support.
Old 30-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Can you really not see the problem? Will it really make potential Labour voters think:

"Yes. I want to throw my lot in with these people. They're definitely on the same page as me"

We say it's time to dial down on the nasty rhetoric and you give it this support.
I thought the banner was referring to levelling the economic playing field. I guess it's all about interpretation. Ok I see I completely missed the effigies. My bad.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!

Last edited by SKATE; 30-09-2019 at 10:00 AM.