Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-10-2020, 08:20 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Not a good idea to look at one day's set of figures, especially when the tier system has hardly got going enough to judge. We know the cycle from infection to death is three weeks, and so we have to wait at least until the end of the first week of November to find out.

Well clearly Iím not looking at 1 days figures, Iím looking at the past 2 weeks. And looking purely at cases. As you rightly say, death figures tell us nothing about the state of infection today.
Old 18-10-2020, 09:27 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
So having a good look at the numbers this morning, despite all the noises of doom and gloom coming out from the Government, it looks to me like this thing is levelling our nationally and on the way down in lots of areas. Am I misreading the numbers or is this skewed reporting from the Government.
Hope you're right, but I think it's too early to tell. By specimen date there are always a lot less positive tests on the weekends - I think due to the testing system being especially variable in how slow they report the results at the moment, we see very lumpy figures on the days around the weekend.

Eg on 12th October the reported case figures also looked like they were levelling off. By specimen date we can now see 12th October had the most positive tests so far.

Unfortunately the Zoe app seems to imply the growth has gotten faster since 12th October.
Old 18-10-2020, 09:32 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Van Tam, deputy chief MO, briefed MPs yesterday on the Oxford vaccine. He said it is likely to be ready soon after Christmas for roll out. The report said he is "bullish" about the third and final stage outcome of the trials.

(Sunday Times report this morning)
Fingers crossed.
Old 18-10-2020, 09:45 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
Hope you're right, but I think it's too early to tell. By specimen date there are always a lot less positive tests on the weekends - I think due to the testing system being especially variable in how slow they report the results at the moment, we see very lumpy figures on the days around the weekend.

Eg on 12th October the reported case figures also looked like they were levelling off. By specimen date we can now see 12th October had the most positive tests so far.

Unfortunately the Zoe app seems to imply the growth has gotten faster since 12th October.

Numbers seemed to be growing steadily (with a couple of notable jumps) until 7th October, but hasnít really grown since then, just bobbled around. Of course too early to draw any conclusions, but the numbers donít seem to match the hysteria of rapidly increasing growth to me. Looking also at my area, Surrey Heath, week on week numbers down and also for Croydon. Greater Manchester numbers also flat and Manchester itself tracking down, so no wonder Andy Burnham wasnít overly keen to plunge them into Tier 3
Old 18-10-2020, 10:06 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Most recent data which can be considered complete:
05 October 06 October 07 October 08 October 09 October 10 October 11 October
London -----1,387 - 1,277 - 1,526 -- 1,566 -- 1,387----- -- 906 --781
Rest of England ----12,456 - 12,838 - 13,457 - 13,479 11,401 9,055 8,589
Old 18-10-2020, 10:10 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
sorry that doesn't tab properly, but it looks from this data that while there was a spike in infections it has been dropping back down.

South east london seems to be the lowest infect area.

It could be coincidence, it could be people's behaviour but looking at London as a whole, it looks like the areas that got it worst in Feb/march/april have got least this time around, likewise the areas of London that had it least now have it worst.

As for Khan why did he call for us to be put into measures - ******* rididculous
Old 18-10-2020, 10:18 AM

I agree. Not my problem anymore after moving out of London back in Feb, but have to say, heís been irritating me over his incessant whining about masks during this pandemic.
Old 18-10-2020, 10:26 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I agree. Not my problem anymore after moving out of London back in Feb, but have to say, heís been irritating me over his incessant whining about masks during this pandemic.
Why do masks bother you so much? I keep a pack of disposable ones on the go and slip them on when needed and bin them after. Wearing them with glasses is a pain but other than that Iím not really sure what the issue is?
Old 18-10-2020, 10:30 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Why do masks bother you so much? I keep a pack of disposable ones on the go and slip them on when needed and bin them after. Wearing them with glasses is a pain but other than that Iím not really sure what the issue is?
Nor me. Surely ideal place for holding your blue passport and two suitcases when queing at customs in the future.
Old 18-10-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post

They donít in the right context, crowded spaces where you canít socially distance. Iím posting this sitting on a plane and absolutely see the point here.

On the street, which is the rule where Iím leaving, ridiculous. TV presenters wearing them, ridiculous. I find them dehumanising and the idea of them becoming commonplace in their use saddens meTo view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-10-2020, 10:47 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Interesting article in the FT

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-10-2020, 10:49 AM

Khan had a point asking early for masks to be mandatory on buses and trains etc.

He is a useless Mayor though, he has allowed Westminister to ride all over London including stealing back the one power the Mayor has, control of TFL.

What has also infuriated me is that the national incompetent kleptocracy has put London into Tier bullshit not because it needs to be but because it's part of the whole levelling down agenda - they have done it for political reasons as they want to show they are not just savaging the North - Khan however not just supported it but called for it!

We need an effective London government to run London for Londoners, not powerless cash-starved councils and a ceremonial mayor.

Last edited by adrenalin john; 18-10-2020 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
Old 18-10-2020, 10:58 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
They donít in the right context, crowded spaces where you canít socially distance. Iím posting this sitting on a plane and absolutely see the point here.

On the street, which is the rule where Iím leaving, ridiculous. TV presenters wearing them, ridiculous. I find them dehumanising and the idea of them becoming commonplace in their use saddens meTo view the link you have to Register or Login
Khan didnít call for them to be used on the street or be worn by TV presenters though? He called for them in settings where you say they are fine?
Old 18-10-2020, 10:58 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
He is a useless Mayor though, he is allowed Westminister to ride all over London including stealing back the one power the Mayor has, control of TFL.
I really don't know what else he could have done. TFL was days away from making mass redundancies, he had no choice to ask for a bailout and nothing to bargain with.
Old 18-10-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
I really don't know what else he could have done. TFL was days away from making mass redundancies, he had no choice to ask for a bailout and nothing to bargain with.
Could have threatend to shutdown the transport system all together and provoked a stand-off. While also pointing out that government are happy to subsidize private companies all over the country (with london tax revenue) to provide bus and train services but refuses to subsidize the one service that takes no regular subsidies and is owned effectively by the Londoners who use (and pay for) it.

He has no balls, no presence, no fight for London.

I want a Mayor that can represent the 10 million of London at least as effectively as the SNP represents far fewer folk living in Scotland
Old 18-10-2020, 11:50 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Could have threatend to shutdown the transport system all together and provoked a stand-off. While also pointing out that government are happy to subsidize private companies all over the country (with london tax revenue) to provide bus and train services but refuses to subsidize the one service that takes no regular subsidies and is owned effectively by the Londoners who use (and pay for) it.

I want a Mayor that can represent the 10 million of London at least as effectively as the SNP represents far fewer folk living in Scotland
fantasy stuff there is little point in having big balls if you have nothing to back it up a stand off would achieve only more misery and he would have lost control of TfL anyway.

SaulAlinsky

Last edited by weltklasse; 18-10-2020 at 11:52 AM.
Old 18-10-2020, 11:52 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:

I don't disagree. I voted for him with big hopes, but he has been a small mayor.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 18-10-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
fantasy stuff there is little point in having big balls if you have nothing to back it up a stand off would achieve only more misery and he would have lost control of TfL anyway.
So how were private train companies bailed out without losing equity?

What about Tyne and Wear metro?

Manchester Metrolink?

West Midlands Metro?

The government bailed them all out, didn't demand repayment or change ownership or management structure.

How did that happen? Fantasy?
Old 18-10-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I don't disagree. I voted for him with big hopes, but he has been a small mayor.
I feel very defensive of him when the alt right in America and English Nationalists hate at him because he is brown, Muslim and from multi-cultural 'Londistan' , however he has been hopeless at negotiating with central government and representing London.
Old 18-10-2020, 12:10 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
He's been too political - always saying the opposite of whatever government say. Problem with that is that he isn't taken seriously on the fights that really matter.