Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-01-2020, 02:06 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Very informative Skin Up, and I've been at many large communal dinners here over the years (think massive Lazy Susans) and seen many of the eating habits you refer to for myself.

You're right about movement at new year too - it's on a massive scale. I've seen train stations so choc-full you can't see an inch of the floor. It doesn't take much for a determined virus to find a carrier in a country of around 1.4 billion people!

In Japan I think they wear the masks to guard against hayfever too, but not here. The Chinese aren't quite as considerate/self-aware on the whole, which is to be expected in a less developed country.
Old 23-01-2020, 02:16 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
F*** me it took you a whole one post to get your racist comment in that adds precisely nothing.
What the **** has race got to do with me having an opinion on someone eating Bat Soup? At what point did I mention race?

******* plank.
Old 23-01-2020, 02:17 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
People wear masks whenever they have the tiniest sniffle in Korea and Japan and I suspect China is little different, thing is masks give people a false sense of security when they don't do much other than warn others that you have a cold yet when wearing a mask people never cover their faces when sneezing or coughing which is awful when you consider how mass transit in Seoul and Tokyo is like a pack of sardines during rush hour.

East Asia also has a culture of communal eating which inevitably leads to people coughing over shared food, double dipping of chopsticks into soups and stews and certain people (ie women) yakking away with their mouths full of rice spraying it everywhere.

All in all I hope the symptoms are minor and easy to treat as this is going to spread like wildfire, people have compared the movement of people during Chinese New Year to the UK during Xmas....LOL you are nowhere near close.

China gets the brunt of these as animal to human diseases are the most troublesome and China is where all your pork and chicken comes from, its by far the biggest producer of 90% of agricultural products you consume no matter where you live.

Having said that culture smulture eating bats is a ******* stupid idea, they're basically rats that roost together in the 100s and spend their free time covering far more ground (using up energy and exposing others more). Ebola started from bats and but killed so quickly it burnt out fast, reason the PRC are on lockdown is flu stuff takes longer to strike and there's a greater risk of infection spreading (re 1920s when steam ships spread it around the world, we've been lucky not to have anything serious in the age of aeroplanes and hopefully that luck continues).
The cnn article I posted above suggests that the virus came from bats initially but transmitted to snakes which were sold in the market that the virus supposedly came from.
Old 23-01-2020, 02:17 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Yes they should stick to Dairy Lee triangles and faggots.
Proper delicacies.
Old 23-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
That is a top tip and one I was going to share. Short of a respirator that's about the best you will get.

Even FFP1 is better than nothing. Or your hanky if combined with hand washing. Partly it will stop big droplets that can contain millions of virus. Also it will STOP YOU TOUCHING YOUR FACE! Touching objects and then your face is something like 90% the cause of transmission.
Touching / rubbing your eyes especially, apparently.
Old 23-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Except listeriosis can be passed on by human contact.
Stop ******* cheese already.
Urgent Appeal on behalf of the Red & Blue Cross. Donate a week's wages by calling the CPFC Box Office before 9/11 and perhaps we can avoid the horror of a football millionaire receiving just one rather than two Range Rovers this Christmas.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:13 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
People wear masks whenever they have the tiniest sniffle in Korea and Japan and I suspect China is little different, thing is masks give people a false sense of security when they don't do much other than warn others that you have a cold yet when wearing a mask people never cover their faces when sneezing or coughing which is awful when you consider how mass transit in Seoul and Tokyo is like a pack of sardines during rush hour.

East Asia also has a culture of communal eating which inevitably leads to people coughing over shared food, double dipping of chopsticks into soups and stews and certain people (ie women) yakking away with their mouths full of rice spraying it everywhere.

All in all I hope the symptoms are minor and easy to treat as this is going to spread like wildfire, people have compared the movement of people during Chinese New Year to the UK during Xmas....LOL you are nowhere near close.

China gets the brunt of these as animal to human diseases are the most troublesome and China is where all your pork and chicken comes from, its by far the biggest producer of 90% of agricultural products you consume no matter where you live.

Having said that culture smulture eating bats is a ******* stupid idea, they're basically rats that roost together in the 100s and spend their free time covering far more ground (using up energy and exposing others more). Ebola started from bats but killed so quickly it burnt out fast, reason the PRC are on lockdown is flu stuff takes longer to strike and there's a greater risk of infection spreading (re 1920s when steam ships spread it around the world, we've been lucky not to have anything serious in the age of aeroplanes and hopefully that luck continues).
Top post Neil.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:17 PM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
What the **** has race got to do with me having an opinion on someone eating Bat Soup? At what point did I mention race?

******* plank.
SussexRed&Blue posted this which you quoted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
They suspect it is down to locals in Wuhan drinking the local delicacy of Bat soup.
To which you commented:

Quote:
What is a matter with them backwards *****?
Given therefore you have decided "the locals in Wuhan" are "them backwards *****" I make you the racist plank.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:28 PM
Concession/Adult

Quote:

To which you commented:

Given therefore you have decided "the locals in Wuhan" are "them backwards *****" I make you the racist plank.
You still haven't answered my question.

At what point did I mention their race? They could be black, white, green ******* purple for all I care, if you eat bat soup you are a ******* backwards bastard, no matter what creed you are.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
You still haven't answered my question.

At what point did I mention their race? They could be black, white, green ******* purple for all I care, if you eat bat soup you are a ******* backwards bastard, no matter what creed you are.
What race do you think all the locals in Wuhan are?
If you don't know, then Jesus wept.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:33 PM
Quicker than the human I

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
4 being tested in Scotland for this now

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Concession/Adult

Quote:
What race do you think all the locals in Wuhan are?
If you don't know, then Jesus wept.
I know what race they are, but it is irrelevant.

If it was a load of 'white English' i'd have the same opinion.

Stop trying to make this something is not.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:39 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Great!

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 23-01-2020, 03:44 PM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
I know what race they are, but it is irrelevant.

If it was a load of 'white English' i'd have the same opinion.

Stop trying to make this something is not.
Ah. So you know it wasn't "a load of 'white English' ". You know they are all local Chinese. Who you call "them backwards *****".

I'm not calling it something it isn't; you're calling it something you think it is. So absolutely relevant then.

Next up: "I've got loads of Chinese friends so I can't be racist".
Old 23-01-2020, 03:45 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

To which you commented:

It does seem he has called the people eating bat soup backwards *****...I imagine some locals would have the same opinion Not sure this qualifies as racist... as I don't think bat soup consumers are a race.
Old 23-01-2020, 03:47 PM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login. The Chinese Communist Party has f**ked up royally with this ridiculous cover up.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Quicker than the human I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
It does seem he has called the people eating bat soup backwards *****...I imagine some locals would have the same opinion Not sure this qualifies as racist... as I don't think bat soup consumers are a race.
Fab, if he meant this then don't say "the locals in Wuhan".
Old 23-01-2020, 03:55 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

Why not? Locals in Wuhan can be backwards... as can Locals in Croydon... Delhi...Mumbai... New York.
Old 23-01-2020, 04:00 PM
Concession/Adult

Quote:
Let us agree to disagree. I am by no means racist and mine and your opinion on this clearly differs. I believe americans who shoot up schools are also backwards bastards, that doesn't make me racist because thier race has not come into it.

Anyway, lets just hope this doesn't spread and we can live happy and healthy.