Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-07-2020, 04:59 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlise Few View Post
Loan at Wednesday extended

Could we have recalled him?

Is Teckers nearing fitness?

Both are so injury prone would have thought we need them both if at all possible
Not named in our 25 so couldnít play for us

Extending letís him continue his rehabilitation whilst some one else pays his wages.

Very sensible move
Old 01-07-2020, 08:07 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Roy does not rate him
Apparently he doesn't take corners!
Old 01-07-2020, 08:25 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
He was. He still can be relatively quick - for example he outpaced Smalling in the FA Cup Final and Smalling is no slouch. But he's definitely down on pace - a combination of injuries and additional muscle. Still mobile enough to be a centre forward up against the centre backs though, and the technique is decent enough. Gary Issott rated him as one of the best too. Our loss will be somebody else's gain if we do decide to move him on imho.

No chance. Championship standard at best.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:19 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
No chance. Championship standard at best.
I think itís his sustained fitness that defines what level he can play at. If (and it has to be a big IF after so long without being consistently available) he can stay fully fit then I do think he is a PL player. He has all of the right attributes and has shown them in games for Palace but never managed a decent run of games. He may need to start in the Championship to get those games but I would expect him to do very well there. He is unusual because he is very good in the air, power in both feet, great touch, (had) good pace and can dribble and pick a pass in and around the box. Can lead the line and attacks the ball in the air.

The problem is that at the point that should all come together for a CF he had been on the injury table for a couple of years already.

I couldnít put big money on him making it now but neither would I rule it out. This frenetic spell at Wednesday is a tough test for him. Hope he comes through and scores a hatful that may see us risk him in the squad one more time.

It does seem his own impatience has been a factor in his repeated injuries.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:27 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
How long has he got on his contract?
Old 01-07-2020, 09:32 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
He & I will always have that semi final.

When he went up for that slow motion header it was aimed directly at me.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:35 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
He’s clearly PL standard when he is fit and had a run of games. The problem is getting fit and getting those games.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:58 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
I really like him and I think he's an honest enough guy too, I'm sure there's nobody more frustrated by his injuries than him. IF he can get through this intense loan period ok I'd definitely like to see him in the squad next season.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:59 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
He definitely looks more mobile now.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:24 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil View Post
Heís clearly PL standard when he is fit and had a run of games. The problem is getting fit and getting those games.
He has played in SW's last 11 league games stretching back to early Feb which is good to see.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:46 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Wednesday's best player this evening imo. No goal, but some intelligent football, and boy he really smashes it when he has a go.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:38 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
He has played in SW's last 11 league games stretching back to early Feb which is good to see.
Thatís good news. Itís why we sent him there.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:40 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Yeah he did well for sure I am simply not going to back him with his injury record though. You just can’t rely on him unfortunately.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:01 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
I hope the club are keeping track of his progress. Excellent to hear he is looking so mobile. That’s the key to everything for him imho: scoring goals and stying fit. We will see.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:34 PM

Palace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Having him back and fit at the start of the next season will be like having a new signing. But we've said that every season for the last 4 seasons, hopefully this is the one!
Old 02-07-2020, 07:49 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace need to have a target man playing in the team which is why we have struggled in our last two games with Jordan Ayew having to lead the line.

Connor has used the Covid enforced break to build up his fitness and since football returned he has been steadily improving and started to score goals again.

Hopefully Palace will reap the benefits of this when he returns after his loan has expired.

COYP
Old 02-07-2020, 07:51 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Going by his past record, this makes him due for another long-term injury very soon. If he gets to the end of the season in one piece, I'll start to build up my hopes again, he really is an excellent player when firing on all cylinders.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:44 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglebob View Post
Going by his past record, this makes him due for another long-term injury very soon. If he gets to the end of the season in one piece, I'll start to build up my hopes again, he really is an excellent player when firing on all cylinders.
I disagree and he was getting injured within a few weeks of his return. I think a lot of his issues were reaction to being out for so long in the first place. I wonder if the covid19 break allowed him to train without having to play games and was like a mini preseason. Hopefully he can make it through to the end of this season without any problems.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:52 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglebob View Post
I wish him well, but I do wonder if he is grossly overrated. Ignore his injuries for a moment (difficult, to do so, I know) and just concentrate on the games he has actually played in, and it really is difficult to justify your description of him as an "excellent player"

When fit, he has made 245 career appearances, only 120 of which have been in the Premier League. He has scored a total of 52 goals. So, against as much non-Prem opposition as Prem, he can't even average 1 goal in 5 games - that is bordering on a pretty awful record. Except for one purple patch 7 years ago, when on loan to Sheff Wed. in the Championship, he has never even reached double figures in a season

The idea that Connor would ever be a regular scorer in the Prem is frankly - unfortunately - a fanciful one, and simply not borne out by the facts
Old 03-07-2020, 02:18 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
When he was leading the line and we were up to 5th at Xmas he was be far and away the best centre forward we'd had in a while, and the best we've had since. That Connor Wickham would be a huge asset. I really hope he can get back to that because he looked very good