Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 17-10-2020, 02:38 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I think you will find the population of Greater London is over double that of Scotland.

Just saying, on a London football club website.
He thinks Scotland is rather more Greater...
Old 17-10-2020, 02:39 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I take it you actually meant anonymously?

If so, no it is to be done in the style of an AA meeting:

'My name is stupid **** and I am a Tory voter'
Indeed you corrected me quite properly. I attempted to do so myself, but the compoota took ages to log me back in . Anyway, in my opinion, people who affiliate themselves with political parties for life, are just the sort of non-thinking persons who would vote for Stalin, Mugabe, Amin,...etc,...etc,.....oh and Hitler for some ethinc balance
Old 17-10-2020, 02:41 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
Indeed you corrected me quite properly. I attempted to do so myself, but the compoota took ages to log me back in . Anyway, in my opinion, people who affiliate themselves with political parties for life, are just the sort of non-thinking persons who would vote for Stalin, Mugabe, Amin,...SNP,...etc..and Hitler for some ethinc balance
EFA..
Old 17-10-2020, 02:44 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Don't be shy point out why?

You obviously have an answer so share.
I suggest you read the The Scotsman from the 6th October.
Old 17-10-2020, 02:45 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
So if you have a choice of cutting off one hand or both what would you choose?
Your first hand was cut off not by your choosing. You chose to cut off your other hand in a rather bizarre fashion.
Old 17-10-2020, 02:51 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
I suggest you read the The Scotsman from the 6th October.
Not really for me to go and hunt out what the point you are making is. Really that is your job if you want to make a valid point and not have me believing you are just using scurrilous rumours for your innuendos.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 17-10-2020, 02:54 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
It’s like some sort of robotic response ... “must vote.... must vote”. Furthermore, “must vote for con, lab or lib and never mind the consequences”
Voting for voting’s sake...

I have long advocated a NOTA option on the ballot paper as it's the best way to send a “you’re all as bad as each other” message to politicians. But as it’s not available the next best thing is NOT to put your cross against the pile of shit that you think smells the least of the lot.
Yes me too Lindsay.

I would love for people to campaign for 'None of the above' as well so it actually won the election

Old 17-10-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
EFA..
I refuse to admit that this has made me laugh.

So...

Is that meant to be funny? huh?

Old 17-10-2020, 02:57 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I think you will find the population of Greater London is over double that of Scotland.

Just saying, on a London football club website.
It wouldn’t be unfair to consider the London metropolitan area, which is nearly three times the population of Scotland.
Old 17-10-2020, 03:00 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Clearly Scotland is to blame for the Boris... get Brexit done result!

I think London voted remain that map needs editing or colouring

I am not sure if NI voted to leave my memory is failing me

But I like the idea of Lord Protector but not Nige as one
Old 17-10-2020, 03:02 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfies army View Post
Wasn’t a lot of choice was there with that twat Corbin!
Exactly, I hate and blame him almost as much as Boris but voted for the wet fart anyway, lesser of 2 evils, he was 'neutral' on Brexit FFS when it was the only issue on the table at the time. Pathetic, absolute joke was never going to win, what sort of leadership qualities does that show!?

For some twisted reason I think he was a leaver but didn't have the courage to say so. I'd have respected him more if he had.
Old 17-10-2020, 03:04 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
No apologies from me. Tory and no deal Brexit supporter.

And a winner, winner chicken dinner.
With some Chlorine?

Old 17-10-2020, 03:06 PM

Johnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Calling all Tory voters.

As the serious consequences of how this government has handled and continues to handle the covid crisis is becoming ever more apparent, and the double whammy of a No deal Brexit ever nearer, I offer this olive branch of a thread, where you can admit you were wrong and apologise to us all, without anyone calling you a ****.

Please see this as your first step to redemption, a cathartic moment if you like, where you can unburden yourself of the guilt you will at some point be feeling for playing your part in totally ******* up this great country of ours.

You may not need this thread now or even see a need for it, but at some point you will be thankful that it is here for you.
And the alternative to the rather useless Boris would have been the even more useless anti-Jew racist Jeremy Corbyn. Close thread
Old 17-10-2020, 03:06 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
I refuse to admit that this has made me laugh.

So...

Is that meant to be funny? huh?
Old 17-10-2020, 03:21 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
And the alternative to the rather useless Boris would have been the even more useless anti-Jew racist Jeremy Corbyn. Close thread
Didn't have to vote Tory, though. I voted Labour, in spite of Corbyn, who I thought was well meaning, but pretty useless (but 100 times more trustworthy than than the moron we have in charge, now) but I nearly didn't vote, at all.
In this election, a non vote (or even a spoilt ballot paper) would almost have been acceptable.
Old 17-10-2020, 03:28 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Nope, nothing close to an apology yet...
Old 17-10-2020, 03:32 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I think there is plenty of blame to go around ,from people just screaming at each other making it personal where that never changes minds to politicians playing games with the people from both sides to turn this into hate politics.

It also split political parties in two where you had Tory fighting Tory and Labour fighting Labour and each other..What a shit storm.

Personally it was perfect storm with the wrong people in charge at pivotal time in history which made a lot of people do the wrong thing.
Just so I am clear, whilst accepting the messy political landscape you describe as context, can we also be clear that the entire & sole blame for the absolute shit show of governing this country can be laid squarely at the party that have been in government since 2010/2015 ? I mean yes, of course the lack of opposition is a disgrace, but you can’t blame the actions of an exceptionally inept government solely on an inept opposition, at some point the government have to take responsibility for their own utter lack of competence & moral substance, surely?
Old 17-10-2020, 03:33 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
Didn't have to vote Tory, though. I voted Labour, in spite of Corbyn, who I thought was well meaning, but pretty useless (but 100 times more trustworthy than than the moron we have in charge, now) but I nearly didn't vote, at all.
In this election, a non vote (or even a spoilt ballot paper) would almost have been acceptable.
Exactly how I felt, & voted. It was without joy that I voted for a Corbyn led Labour party
Old 17-10-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
I seriously doubt Corbyn would have made more of a mess of this year than Johnson. And I am absolutely certain that he wouldn’t have overseen grand corruption on the scale we are watching under this government.
Old 17-10-2020, 03:50 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufski13 View Post
Just so I am clear, whilst accepting the messy political landscape you describe as context, can we also be clear that the entire & sole blame for the absolute shit show of governing this country can be laid squarely at the party that have been in government since 2010/2015 ? I mean yes, of course the lack of opposition is a disgrace, but you can’t blame the actions of an exceptionally inept government solely on an inept opposition, at some point the government have to take responsibility for their own utter lack of competence & moral substance, surely?
you can if your go-to method of avoiding the unpleasant thought that your vote helped the shitshow, is whataboutery.