Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-03-2021, 12:12 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Perks of being of wallflower - coming of age drama. Honestly I thought it was excellent. Not what I was expecting at all. On prime. Best film I’ve seen in a long time. 18/21

Coming to America 2 - well unsurprisingly below average - a few laughs but remind me who they just shouldn’t bother. 34/73
Old 07-03-2021, 12:52 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
One Night In Miami(2020)
A neat ‘ what if’ idea a meet up between four famous black figures, Cassius Clay, Jim Brown, Sam Cooke & Malcolm X, following Clay’s win over Sonny Liston.
A talky but intelligent script, good performances the best from Kingsley Ben- Adir nicely underplaying it as Malcolm X. 7/10
Old 07-03-2021, 05:58 AM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Just watched Official Secrets on Amazon Prime, Kiera Knightley, Matt Smith, Ralph Fiennes.
Excellent true story about a women from GCHQ who leaked information about the Iraq war to the press. Fascinating stuff 9/10.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:28 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Watched Fear is the Key - first time in ages. Barry Newman, John Vernon a very young Ben Kingsley and Ray Mcanally - still good stuff.
Superb car chase opening to that movie.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:27 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
The catcher was a spy - movie based on Moe Berg a baseball player who was indeed an American spy in the OSS etc. Not the best player but solid he had a career. He was a smart player but academically even more so, especially with languages. Movie centres on a mission to assess how close Germany were to developing ‘the bomb’ with a kill mission if they were close. Interesting character and mission which I hadn’t heard of although I knew of the various professors referenced. Played by Paul Rudd.

It was an interesting story about an interesting character and a reasonable watch.

Topic for a different thread but it always strikes me when watching these movies how far the world has moved on in the 80 or so years since then. If you drop back another 80 to the 1860’s it’s more so and the pace of change accelerates exponentially. Will the world as we know it make another 80? It feels increasingly fragile and out of control and I understand why so many predict apocalyptic futures. The maturity of our capabilities has dramatically outpaced our maturity as a society and Government etc. Anyway, we need to beat Spurs first, sort that out later huh ?
Old 07-03-2021, 10:43 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Enjoyed it. Nice story with a bit of action. 9/10.
Would be interested to know if people really did travel from town to town to read newspapers to the inhabitants.
Also really enjoyed News of the World. Engaging story with excellent cast, especially the young German Helena Zengel. Shines a light on the upheavals in the country following the civil war, many of which still resonate today. 9/10
Old 07-03-2021, 11:33 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched ‘Coming 2 America’ last night. Predictably bad, the best bits were the same as the first film for me, the barber shop characters.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:44 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Watched ‘Coming 2 America’ last night. Predictably bad, the best bits were the same as the first film for me, the barber shop characters.
When I watched Coming to America a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea there was another one coming up, I saw it as an Amazon original last night and thought WTF, anyay watched it, and as you say, pretty much the same film. I enjoyed it, but its getting slated everywhere.

I don't know if Murphy pitched it to Amazon, or Amazon pitched it to Murphy, but the meeting would (I guess) have ended, "only happenening if we can get everyone from the original film on board".
Old 07-03-2021, 12:05 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
When I watched Coming to America a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea there was another one coming up, I saw it as an Amazon original last night and thought WTF, anyay watched it, and as you say, pretty much the same film. I enjoyed it, but its getting slated everywhere.

I don't know if Murphy pitched it to Amazon, or Amazon pitched it to Murphy, but the meeting would (I guess) have ended, "only happenening if we can get everyone from the original film on board".
Actually you saying about the original cast, my mrs said to me it’s just like a reunion for the cast and no real thought had gone into it. But then again what should we expect from this type of film? I just felt it needed to be a lot funnier.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:40 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
A Cure For Wellness(2016)
A strikingly shot but rather overlong horror with some grim and creepy moments , a bit style over substance but the style is good.
The best performance I’ve seen from Dane DeHaan, never rated him before, Mia Goth & Jason Isaacs also good. 6.5/10

Last edited by cappuccinoeagle; 07-03-2021 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:00 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Actually you saying about the original cast, my mrs said to me it’s just like a reunion for the cast and no real thought had gone into it. But then again what should we expect from this type of film? I just felt it needed to be a lot funnier.
It seems part of the vogue to remake, or pay homage, to 70's or 80's classic films.

Once some bright spark comes up with an idea, the unimaginative in Hollywood all pile in to earn their crust.

I can think of only three that have worked. Charlies Angels, Cobra Kai and The Mandalorian.

I could pitch an idea for the Bionic Family, Man from Atlantis, or Knight Rider.

Gremlins, Dirty Dancing, Trading Places, Beverley Hills Cop next for the treatment?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:03 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I saw Hereditary.

Maybe 5/10. Quite an unpleasant film, it took a good while to get going. Had Toni Colette, Gabriel Byrne and two good performances playing the teenagers.

But not really worth seeking out.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
It seems part of the vogue to remake, or pay homage, to 70's or 80's classic films.

Once some bright spark comes up with an idea, the unimaginative in Hollywood all pile in to earn their crust.

I can think of only three that have worked. Charlies Angels, Cobra Kai and The Mandalorian.

I could pitch an idea for the Bionic Family, Man from Atlantis, or Knight Rider.

Gremlins, Dirty Dancing, Trading Places, Beverley Hills Cop next for the treatment?
I am guessing you don’t mean Mandalorian. Manchurian candidate maybe?
Old 07-03-2021, 04:24 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
apparently choreographed by the same chap who did the car chases in Vanishing Point.

SaulAlinsky
Old 08-03-2021, 04:04 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
apparently choreographed by the same chap who did the car chases in Vanishing Point.
Also starring Barry Newman I believe.

Old 08-03-2021, 05:05 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Remember seeing that at the Odeon ? Lewisham with Paula Ingrey when it first came out. 1972
Old 08-03-2021, 06:14 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Midnight Sky. Netflix. Clooney.

0/10
Utter garbage.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:30 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Remember seeing that at the Odeon ? Lewisham with Paula Ingrey when it first came out. 1972
There was the Odeon or Studio 6 and 7 across the road, neither are there anymore. .(

Old 08-03-2021, 07:00 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you like car chases there`s a great one in `To live and die in LA`with William Defoe.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I am guessing you don’t mean Mandalorian. Manchurian candidate maybe?
Mandalorian, yes. Same as Cobra Kai.

Not films, but TV series that looked at what made the original films meant for fans and delivered. And in a way, completely missed by many directors, producers, writers etc. of other attempts to cash in on nostalgia or reboot a series of films.

Mandalorian has the feel of the original trilogy (minus ewoks).

With a lot of these films, especially Star Wars and Indina Jones the directors etc.. have forgotten the original fanbase of 50 to 60 year old nerds and tried to bring in the $ of much younger generations - kids to a degree. The kids don't get it, they see an average film and they are not piece the bits of the universe together like nerds from late teens up. They end up making movies that don't please the either of the target markets - kids, nerds, nostagia seekers.

Maybe, we should have all known when the Ewoks appeared that Lucas was going to milk his cash cow.