Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 19-02-2017, 11:04 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west eagle View Post
I see most play electrics but just wanted to ask advice anyone has on electric acoustics.

Just sold my Limited edition Lag, and now looking at a Tak or a Taylor both +500 so if anyone have one/played/ bought /tried be grateful for your thoughts.

Specifically looking at the Tak Gn93ce or a entry level Taylor114ce
I have a few electro-acoustics, all Ovation and I love the feel of them - all small bowl-backed as well, so neatly fitting into your body.

My Ovation Pinnacle six string used to be my favourite, until I got an Ovation 12 string and the sounds is just superb.
Old 19-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Beautiful. I've been toying with the idea of a LPJ for sometime - I like the double cutaway version - but not sure what I'd use it for, as I already have a '76 Les Paul and the '82 SG2000.
They're just so pretty though......

Lol , yes, gorgeous.

Don't get me wrong , I love this vintage one but to my ears/fingers there's not much between it and a Gibson custom shop '57 RI that I owned and stupidly sold last year and that was a lot cheaper
Old 27-02-2017, 09:11 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Before the Middlesbrough game on saturday I took a trip down to the scene of our last victory in the league, Bournemouth, and picked up a new toy....

This is now my 2008 Taylor 814ce and my word it's a pretty thing. Not to mention a full bodied sounding guitar! Just feels premium all over.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:43 AM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_Fan View Post
I got a takamine and love it to bits. IMO the only guitar in the shop I bought it from that was a bit better was a Taylor that cost nearly 7k. Personally would go for the Tak as it's more bang for your buck.
I have a 12 string Takamine which I don't play much. I try to play finger style and the 12 string set up doesn't really suit. I was looking at possible alternatives to string set up so I can get more out of this nice guitar and read that Rickenbacker string their 12 strings with the lower string of the pair on top as opposed to most 12 strings which have the higher string of the pair on top. Roger McGuinn of the Byrds plays one (expertly).

I restrung it with the pairs of strings the other way round and wow, what a difference. It sounds fantastic and now I can play it as I want. It is currently at Feline Guitars having the nut and saddle sorted to properly accommodate the new set up. In the meantime, I have been on YouTube working through some tutorials on Roger McGuinn stuff especially Turn Turn Turn. Sounds good on a six string but I am really looking forward to getting the 12 string back to see what it sounds like on that.
Old 30-03-2017, 09:29 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here

I bought one of these this week. It has a nice neck, especially for the price, and a sweet tone in the neck position.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 07-04-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Get Maidstoned toput a picture of his new guitar. My other half made it for him.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
She made all these
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG-20170407-WA0008.jpeg (500.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG-20170407-WA0006.jpeg (458.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG-20170407-WA0004.jpeg (882.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG-20170407-WA0002.jpeg (499.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG-20170407-WA0000.jpeg (665.5 KB, 47 views)

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:56 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
She made all these
Lol.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 21-05-2017, 11:47 AM
ANOK?

Palace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses growPalace Guard knows where the wild roses grow
Change on a monthly basis...
current line up.
Gibson Les Paul Standard (94)
Gibson Les Paul Studio (2011)
90's 335 Copy
Fender Stratocaster (Highway one sunburst)
Fender Stratocaster (70's model, white)
Fender Stratocaster (black, replaced the gold one)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 21-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice work PG, you've got some classics there for sure.
Old 23-06-2017, 12:30 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's our 25th in a few weeks. My wife is getting a nice new ring. She has bought me one of these.
Old 24-07-2017, 06:13 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
It's our 25th in a few weeks. My wife is getting a nice new ring. She has bought me one of these.
Nice. Have you received it yet?
Old 26-07-2017, 06:45 AM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kind of. It's at home, checked over once and since unused, but will be rehearsed with next Tuesday and played during a very short set at our party the following Saturday.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:28 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Like that, Tim. OK, folks, Mesa combos. Anyone own or tried out the Nomad, or would recommend another model? Ideally after two or more channels with footswitch. Can get a Nomad for under 500. For my SG2000 - the Vibrolux doesn't quite cut it.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:54 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Beautiful. I've been toying with the idea of a LPJ for sometime - I like the double cutaway version - but not sure what I'd use it for, as I already have a '76 Les Paul and the '82 SG2000.
They're just so pretty though......

if you're still in the market for a LPJ there is a British company that makes custom LPJ's for under a grand.

Never played one but meant to be pretty great for the price and handmade in UK.

Probably have to upgrade some of the parts but build quality meant to pretty legit.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:12 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
if you're still in the market for a LPJ there is a British company that makes custom LPJ's for under a grand.

Never played one but meant to be pretty great for the price and handmade in UK.

Probably have to upgrade some of the parts but build quality meant to pretty legit.

Thanks, KOW, but if I do get one, it will be a vintage model. Still too enamoured with the SG2000 to consider anything much else at the moment. Dallas Rangemaster and Mesa amp next for me. Having a bit of a clear out and will sell Mesa 1 x 15 80's bass cab, '95 lefty MIM Tele and TC Electronics Toneprint Bass Combo, none of which I use very often. Will part finance next splurge.

Also got to concentrate on upgrading the kids set ups now they are definitely hooked and more proficient. That will cost me..
Old 04-08-2017, 10:17 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks, KOW, but if I do get one, it will be a vintage model. Still too enamoured with the SG2000 to consider anything much else at the moment. Dallas Rangemaster and Mesa amp next for me. Having a bit of a clear out and will sell Mesa 1 x 15 80's bass cab, '95 lefty MIM Tele and TC Electronics Toneprint Bass Combo, none of which I use very often. Will part finance next splurge.

Also got to concentrate on upgrading the kids set ups now they are definitely hooked and more proficient. That will cost me..
If you bave bits of gear you're looking to offload PM me, I'm always in the market for pedals especially.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:10 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
If you bave bits of gear you're looking to offload PM me, I'm always in the market for pedals especially.
Will do, but I am a bit of a pedal head myself, so tend to horde them.
Old 21-08-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Will do, but I am a bit of a pedal head myself, so tend to horde them.
Fair enough! If you are interested i've got to play some really interesting rare guitars lately, namely a Gretsch all hollow country gentlemen from the 1960's that was worth so much money I barely wanted to touch it!
Old 22-08-2017, 03:45 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Fair enough! If you are interested i've got to play some really interesting rare guitars lately, namely a Gretsch all hollow country gentlemen from the 1960's that was worth so much money I barely wanted to touch it!
Where did you do that? Admittedly, I don't have a great memory these days, but I think the only Gretsch I've tried I didn't get on with the neck. Beautiful looking guitars though.