Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 29-08-2018, 12:29 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
Get a Suhr. They are exceptional.

There appears to be very few stockists.
Old 29-08-2018, 01:55 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
There appears to be very few stockists.

Mine was from Peach who are great to deal with. I think Sounds Great, GuitarGuitar and Project Music all sell new Suhrs.

Suhr are probably the only brand I would buy without playing it first. They are that good.

Peach usually have some decent discounts around Black Friday time if you can hang on a bit. You need to be registered for their emails.

Old 16-11-2018, 02:36 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Hello all

Thinking of buying a new acoustic

Got my eye on a Tanglewood. Any reviews / thoughts ? I donít play often, go through stages when I play loads and then donít for months, somdont want to spend more than £250 or so

Any advice appreciated
Old 16-11-2018, 05:38 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Hello all

Thinking of buying a new acoustic

Got my eye on a Tanglewood. Any reviews / thoughts ? I donít play often, go through stages when I play loads and then donít for months, somdont want to spend more than £250 or so

Any advice appreciated

If you can, go to a shop with a good variety of guitars in your price range and play lots of them. Eventually one will feel right.

Try some of the Chinese brands like Recording King who offer solid woods at impressive prices.
Old 17-11-2018, 05:59 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Yamaha are playable and pretty consistent. Always used them. My early 80's model is going strong and never had any issues.
Old 18-11-2018, 09:12 AM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Gone for the Yamaha F370 in black
Old 18-11-2018, 06:07 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Just re-read this whole thread. Many pictures are AWOL but it's still a good old read.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 22-11-2018, 08:53 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
Mine was from Peach who are great to deal with. I think Sounds Great, GuitarGuitar and Project Music all sell new Suhrs.

Suhr are probably the only brand I would buy without playing it first. They are that good.

Peach usually have some decent discounts around Black Friday time if you can hang on a bit. You need to be registered for their emails.
I can only see one Suhr ( left handed). I bought an amp instead.
Old 23-11-2018, 01:56 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have a Washburn Acoustic and a Yamaha Pacific electric for over 10 years.
Look great in our spare room. Mint condition.
Still can only just strum two chords together
Old 23-11-2018, 06:01 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
One more than Miley Cyrus!

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 23-11-2018, 06:44 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
I have a Strat, an Epiphone les paul-a-like and a lindo thin acoustic. I also have a couple of uke's a kala electro acoustic and mahalo les paul-a-like (I must learn triples and splits).

I keep them all in my study except the Strat which is well hidden so the grandkids can't get hold of it.

I go through months of playing followed by months of not touching them. Favourite players, Eric Blackmon and Marty Shwartz.
Old 26-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Going to be a stupid question no doubt...

My new guitar has only one strap pin. Where do I attach the other end of the strap ?

Awaits piss take ..
Old 26-11-2018, 10:54 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

If it's a classical/acoustic guitar, you sometimes tie the strap at the end of the neck. thus:

PS, clearly, you go under the strings...

Old 26-11-2018, 10:54 AM
legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Going to be a stupid question no doubt...

My new guitar has only one strap pin. Where do I attach the other end of the strap ?

Awaits piss take ..

Either here

Or here (you can use a bit of string for this).

Old 26-11-2018, 11:59 AM

thanks guys
Old 24-12-2018, 10:22 PM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’m an OK acoustic player. I have a Tanglewood 6 string and a nice Takamine 12 string with a big sound. They both suit my fingerpicking style. They are both acoustic/electric and I tried a Les Paul Standard copy Epiphone which was a beautiful looking instrument but totally unsuited to the sound I like from an acoustic.

Any recommendations for an electric guitar that sounds like a big acoustic? Someone said Gretch with the hollow bodies. Anyone else gone down this route? Thanks and have a great Christmas.
Old 25-12-2018, 09:08 AM
rock soldier

Marky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fineMarky_K is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo 888 View Post
I’m an OK acoustic player. I have a Tanglewood 6 string and a nice Takamine 12 string with a big sound. They both suit my fingerpicking style. They are both acoustic/electric and I tried a Les Paul Standard copy Epiphone which was a beautiful looking instrument but totally unsuited to the sound I like from an acoustic.

Any recommendations for an electric guitar that sounds like a big acoustic? Someone said Gretch with the hollow bodies. Anyone else gone down this route? Thanks and have a great Christmas.
Gretsch Electromatic are great. Ibanez Artcore are very similar, but thinner body I believe. Epiphone Dot is a great buy for the money too. Always regret selling mine.
Old 26-12-2018, 03:48 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

An electric 12 string would probably work for you, Lombardo. Alternatively, I have an To view the link you have to Register or Login, which has a piezo as well as magnetic pickups. While I have other guitars that I prefer, you do get a really lovely sound when you play the piezo and neck pickups together through a clean amp.

Old 27-12-2018, 06:33 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_K View Post
Gretsch Electromatic are great. Ibanez Artcore are very similar, but thinner body I believe. Epiphone Dot is a great buy for the money too. Always regret selling mine.
Yes to the first two. Son wants a Gretsch Streamliner P90 Limited Edition for his birthday, though I have seen a lovely powder blue Ibanez for about the same price. For me, it would have to be a Falcon.

Last edited by Stellavista; 27-12-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Old 27-12-2018, 07:25 PM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks guys, very helpful. Off to GuitarGuitar in Epsom. They have a lot of Gretsch there.