Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 26-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Game changer ... Can we stay please!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Staying on Summertime all year around is good enough reason for me!
Always hate it when the clocks go back.
Old 26-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post

I`ve been banging on about this for years.As someone who has suffered chronic SAD I suffer 5 1/2 months of misery.
Old 26-03-2019, 11:36 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:

You do realise we will still get snow and cold horrible weather but just an hour later in any given day?
Old 27-03-2019, 05:15 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Good idea from those EU people, but if you are in the UK then the UK Government have already said they won’t change it
Old 27-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Good idea from those EU people, but if you are in the UK then the UK Government have already said they won’t change it
Once the Scotch piss off, we'll be able to change it. Its entirely due to Scotch daylight as during the winter the Sun only just appears above the horizon for a few hours and in Shetland for about 20minutes.

They like it to be light in the middle of the day and can use it to make sure the English have to suffer the same fate.

In previous attempts to bring this about I've seen its also preferred by the Scotch public as they too would like a bit of light in the evening as it would improve their social lives. However the great and good in Scotchland see it as a thing of Scotch national importance and fight tooth and nail to keep it.

There is a serious side to it as well in road accidents. It would overall reduce child deaths however there is a north/south divide on this. It would mean a few more would die in the far north but a lot less in the south. When it was tried in the early seventies every child road death in the north of the UK was portrayed by the papers as the fault if the government.

Scotch lives matter, English ones less so it seems.
Old 27-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Once the Scotch piss off, we'll be able to change it. Its entirely due to Scotch daylight as during the winter the Sun only just appears above the horizon for a few hours and in Shetland for about 20minutes.

They like it to be light in the middle of the day and can use it to make sure the English have to suffer the same fate.

In previous attempts to bring this about I've seen its also preferred by the Scotch public as they too would like a bit of light in the evening as it would improve their social lives. However the great and good in Scotchland see it as a thing of Scotch national importance and fight tooth and nail to keep it.

There is a serious side to it as well in road accidents. It would overall reduce child deaths however there is a north/south divide on this. It would mean a few more would die in the far north but a lot less in the south. When it was tried in the early seventies every child road death in the north of the UK was portrayed by the papers as the fault if the government.

Scotch lives matter, English ones less so it seems.
Tying to threads together - if your solution to transport issues is more road building, then I don't think you can claim to care above lives.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 27-03-2019, 10:22 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Game changer ... Can we stay please!
Yes. We may have to get rid of the Party running the country for it's own interests first though.
Old 27-03-2019, 01:51 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
But if we leave, we could just move Greenwich instead.
Old 27-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
But if we leave, we could just move Greenwich instead.
If we don't leave, the EU will move Greenwich to Brussels.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 27-03-2019, 03:03 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:

For those who have not lived as long as I have and possess the knowledge of the history of this proposition before, should know that our previous governments have always resisted such a change. They have done so because in their view, leaving summertime as it is throughout the shorter days, would mean children travelling to school in the dark and increasing the risk of traffic accidents.