Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 06-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The Top 1%

Some analysis from the IFS that I thought might be interesting

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
"Record numbers of adults are paying no income tax, an analysis by the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) shows, as the burden increasingly falls on the top one per cent of earners."

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Without commenting on the fact that a large proportion of those adults will be retired, students, looking after children etc.

However, they are writing for a DT audience, so a headline written to infer a tax policy predicated on increasing the burden on the top 1% not being a good thing is to be expected of the DT.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:05 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
I'd assumed this was going to be a "Guess who's in the top 1%? I am!" type thread.

(Posting this before SC gets a chance to.)
Old 06-08-2019, 02:06 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It reads to me like they are angling for a tax change for business owners, given the lower rate for dividends over income tax.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:33 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
The increase in the number of young people from 16-24 that are in full time education/gap year is starting to have significant statistical implications. Tax, junior jobs etc. Bloomberg mentioned that in NYC the number of 19 year olds working in the summer had fallen from 70% in the early 90s to around 40% now.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:46 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I'd assumed this was going to be a "Guess who's in the top 1%? I am!" type thread.

BASTARD!

(I wouldn't trust that report anyway. The authors sound fictitious.)

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 06-08-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:47 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Can i just say ive worked full time and paid income tax since i was 16.

Thanks. I do my bit to support the lazys.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:50 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post

Yeah, but this is countered by the fact that you kiss men & hate black people.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:56 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here

@notgayjustcuriousmacstarnodarkysobvs
Old 06-08-2019, 03:06 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post

Yes because earnings are directly related to effort.

I think you are in the top 1% of complete tit tbh.

This also refers to income, I think it's heavily skewed since the richest people don't get counted in this at all, if they did then nobody would be complaining about paying up. No, the real dirtbags are on big tax schemes to get off paying anything but it makes macstar proud to be British so I guess that's ok.

Last edited by Spindle; 06-08-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post

Last time I had a look at a thread with '%' in the title it was an eye opener.

(Not just eyes come to think of it)