Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 19-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
You could interpret it like that i suppose.

It’s just I’ve been banging on for over a year now about how he needs to come out and face the music for one of the most irresponsible acts from a PM in our history, and he finally surfaces again for his own selfish gains.
Yes and no.

I think the book is about a lot more than his personal gain.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 19-09-2019, 10:03 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
You could interpret it like that i suppose.

It’s just I’ve been banging on for over a year now about how he needs to come out and face the music for one of the most irresponsible acts from a PM in our history, and he finally surfaces again for his own selfish gains.

To think many laughed at the thought of Ed Milliband being a more responsible choice for PM.
Old 20-09-2019, 06:05 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
That would make a great billboard ad for Labour in any upcoming election...if they had the foresight.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 20-09-2019, 07:39 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post

Such as?

It's too late to be an attempt to influence events. OK - he's tried to denigrate Johnson which in turn might have influenced the level of support that Johnson has, but none of Johnson's supporters are interested in negative stories about him. They genuinely don't care.

Is it an attempt to salvage some of his reputation ? If so, it's actually made it worse.

He's so wealthy that I doubt he needs the money.

Overall, it's just a vanity project which has backfired.
Old 20-09-2019, 08:56 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
Such as?
Trying to settle some scores for a start.

And trying to get a longer chapter in the history books than just Referendum Boy.

All sorts of reasons ; it's not really money for sure. And what gain there will be may not ne tangible.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 20-09-2019, 09:19 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
David Cameron continues to defend the austerity programme but I suspect many people ironically used their referendum vote to protest against living standards resulting from austerity.
Old 20-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
It's a pretty natural desire in his position to want to put your side of the story; part confession; bigger part ex-culpation and blame shifting.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 20-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
It's a pretty natural desire in his position to want to put your side of the story; part confession; bigger part ex-culpation and blame shifting.

Yup.

Private Eye notes however that at 752 pages his book is only 80 pages shorter than Thatcher's ; and the latter probably had a whole lot more to write about !

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 20-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yup.

Private Eye notes however that at 752 pages his book is only 80 pages shorter than Thatcher's ; and the latter probably had a whole lot more to write about !
At a guess, though, MT didn't include any admissions of fault at all in her memoirs!

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 20-09-2019, 11:06 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes and no.

I think its generally considered the norm for senior politicians to publish a memoir of their time in office. You don't even need to the be PM - but for a PM to not do so would be weird.

An autobiography is probably the most lasting record of your own memories of office, with the benefit of hindsight and recollection of what is historically a very important job.

I suspect most senior figures publish a memoir, their diarys etc (not necessarily in a book you'd find down the local Waterstones) and likely contribute significantly to a lot of offical publications.

Little known fact, the HMSO published a lot of this kind of stuff covering the second world war - I have an almost complete set in hardback - and thats 24 volumes - Lots of this refers to published journals and books of ranked officers. Its amazing what actually goes into print, but not necessarily to 'chain book stores'.
Old 20-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
The despicable self-serving super-privileged odious wet c*** isn't short of money, that is one thing that you can be sure of. He is positively awash with inherited, tax-devoid, dirty offshore ill-gotten filthy money.
Old 20-09-2019, 02:20 PM
analyse this

bourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
The despicable self-serving super-privileged odious wet c*** isn't short of money, that is one thing that you can be sure of. He is positively awash with inherited, tax-devoid, dirty offshore ill-gotten filthy money.
Word
Old 20-09-2019, 02:33 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
I'll probably read it, but I won't be purchasing it until it's being sold sub £5 shortly before the pulping phase.
Old 20-09-2019, 02:49 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
Such as?

. OK - he's tried to denigrate Johnson which in turn might have influenced the level of support that Johnson has, but none of Johnson's supporters are interested in negative stories about him. They genuinely don't care.

Just like Trump.
Old 20-09-2019, 08:33 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I'll probably read it, but I won't be purchasing it until it's being sold sub £5 shortly before the pulping phase.
I'll read it after it's been pulped.