Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 09-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
Yes, Eton churns out *****, but BoJo isnt actually an Eton ****. Even the other Eton ***** thought he was a ****. Hes a special, rarer kind of ****, and would have *****d along on the same **** tracks regardless of which school he went to.
No doubt - but he wouldn't have been doing it as PM of the UK if he hadn't been to Eton.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:54 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Hmmmm.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-10-2019, 09:52 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
About 3% of MPs went to Eton.

In 1979 3% of MPs had a background of “political/political activist” before becoming MPs. There were more MPs with a background of farming and about the same with a background of mining. Today that number is nearly 20%. Nearly 20% of our MPs are career politicians and have never had a traditional job.
I'd imagine that the decline of unions and the death of industry has more to do with that (both Farming and Mining tend to have been heavily unionised work forces, and I suspect many of those MPs probably were Labour MPs who'd come in via the Trade Unions to Politics).

What is a traditional job these days. Most people haven't had a s**t job in my field, having come straight into IT via university or college. The worst they ever had was crap jobs whilst paying their way through college.

There is a big difference between having a 's**t job' for a living and one where its a means to a known end.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum having worked hard, daily for f**k all an hour, with no prospects to having a pretty well paid, cushy job (breaking into IT in my late 20s, during the 2000 boom). Prior to that I worked in retail from 17 until 25, when I got into an adult education course and went to Uni
Old 10-10-2019, 09:56 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
No doubt - but he wouldn't have been doing it as PM of the UK if he hadn't been to Eton.
If I remember rightly, he won a schoolarship to Eton.
Old 25-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post

Cameron, Osbourne, Johnson, Rees-Mogg. Need we say more