Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-10-2019, 09:56 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
You wouldn't want to have faced the player 1st left front row.
The great Johnny Gavin signed from Watford and an Irish International winger. He is still Norwich City's record goalscorer netting 132 goals in 338 games.
As a young lad my Dad struck up a friendship with Johnny and I remember well walking back to Norwood Junction after games with him and Johnny, together with Dave Sexton.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:02 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Jim Cannon - 660 games
Terry Long - 480 games.
So, yeah, utterly smashed it. Doesn't make Long's (ahem) longevity any less impressive.
For context, Wilf needs about another 150 games to pass him - say 4 seasons.
Oh wow... got that wrong didn't I.

I remember at the time thinking Terry Long's record was insurmountable.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
I think that's Vic Rouse. He was the first 4th Division player to play international football. He played for Wales.
It is Alf, I saw him play many times. He was one of many fine keepers at Palace in the 60's, including Bill Glazier and John Jackson.