Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-09-2019, 03:23 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
No commentary for the first 30 odd minutes today, was a strange experience.
Yep... I was thinking the same... hate to say it, but even a bad commentator would seem to be better than no commentator.

Odd thing is, I can watch a game with no sound on and it's just fine, but hearing the crowd noise but no talking was doing my head in.
Old 16-10-2019, 08:09 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Citeh game on main NBC channel at 12.30EST this Saturday.

Last edited by StonePenge; 16-10-2019 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 17-10-2019, 03:46 AM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post

That's good.

I can watch us getting thrashed in Hi-Def glory!
Old 17-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't get NBC but thankfully they show the game on the NBC sports app.
Old 17-10-2019, 03:41 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not my favorite source to watch the game due to them going to the game exactly at KO and cutting away at the HT and FT whistles.

But hey... it's still a miracle I can actually watch Palace, so won't complain too much (or is that moan?).
Old 17-10-2019, 06:44 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I don't get NBC but thankfully they show the game on the NBC sports app.
Isnt NBC one of the basic local stations in your package?
Old 18-10-2019, 08:59 AM

daggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found medaggerdave wasn't looking, but somehow you found me
NBC is a free to air channel, should be available to all
Old 18-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Isnt NBC one of the basic local stations in your package?
I don't pay for cable/sat. I have Sling at $25 a month.
Old 18-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Oh No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerdave View Post
NBC is a free to air channel, should be available to all
It is, but I cannot pick it up through an antenna as the 2 nbc stations are too far away. I get all the other free channels. It is not a big deal as we don't watch tv in my house, except for the football and I can always watch the live NBC games on the app.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:18 PM

The FA Cup tie against Derby is going to be streamed on ESPN+. Download the app and then you have to subscribe for $4.99 a month.
Old 17-01-2020, 01:07 AM
meatball of a her

mapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It looks like from next season you'll be able to watch the all premier league games on the new NBC Peacock streaming service. $5 a month with ads and $10 a month ad-free. It will include all games not just those currently on NBC Gold so it means you will not have to have a subscription for those games currently aired on NBC and NBC Sports.
Old 17-01-2020, 01:34 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapcontractor View Post
It looks like from next season you'll be able to watch the all premier league games on the new NBC Peacock streaming service. $5 a month with ads and $10 a month ad-free. It will include all games not just those currently on NBC Gold so it means you will not have to have a subscription for those games currently aired on NBC and NBC Sports.
Balls... why do they keep messing with it.

I'm only interested in watching Palace, so to watch them ad free it will cost $10 a month? I wonder if they continue to take your money in the off season months?

Or will the current subscription service still be available? I should look it up, but it sounds like you have already.
Old 17-01-2020, 01:37 AM
The Spiky One

Found this:

Quote:
Beginning August 2020, soccer fans will be able to watch non-televised Premier League games through Peacock Premium for $10 per month (no ads) or $5 per month (with ads).

While Peacock Premium will not replace NBC Sports Gold (that service will still continue as-is), one advantage of Peacock Premium is a slight cost savings from what subscribers were accustomed to paying for NBC Sports Gold (ranging from $39.99 to $64.99 per season depending on the tier of service you wanted).
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-01-2020, 02:25 AM
meatball of a her

mapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Correct it will not replace NBC Sports Gold but it will carry all the games currently on Gold plus the additional games currently only on TV. So for some people this will be a better option as they don't need to have cable or subscribe to a service that has NBC and NBC Sports.

You could also just subscribe to it for just the months of the premiership season and cancel during the summer.

Last edited by mapcontractor; 17-01-2020 at 02:31 AM.
Old 17-01-2020, 02:36 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
This is quite good news because I only have a fire stick and don’t use cable at all. I am often at work when the games are on though - do they have to be watched ‘live’ or can they be streamed at one’s convenience?
Old 17-01-2020, 02:37 AM
meatball of a her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Found this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Maybe I read it wrong as I thought it would include non-TV games
Old 17-01-2020, 02:48 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Yep... I was thinking the same... hate to say it, but even a bad commentator would seem to be better than no commentator.

Odd thing is, I can watch a game with no sound on and it's just fine, but hearing the crowd noise but no talking was doing my head in.
I quite like arguing aloud with the commentators and calling them *****
Old 18-01-2020, 02:57 PM
The Spiky One

Something I just remembered... NBC Gold seems to use the Adobe Flash Player platform to show the matches. Every web browser seems to be not going to support this past the end of this year.

I wonder if they will change that, otherwise one might be forced to change to the streaming service.