Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-10-2019, 08:44 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I think he would be better playing in Luka's role and we buy a creative attacking midfielder to play further up the field.
Least favoured player.......see him as lukas understudy not playing along side.
I dont doubt his effort but shluppy and macca either side of luka offers balance.
Personally would like to see meyer in for shluppy and shluppy and townsend rotating further forward.
Would love to have discussion with roy as to what it is he sees in cheik that im missing
Old 22-10-2019, 10:41 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
As a hammer said to me when we signed him great energy and attitude but lacking in technical ability. He did say he had toblerone feet when it came to passing or shooting.
Great squad player. Cover for Milivojevic. I'm warming to him for the defensive contribution, mobility and workrate. But he is not Premier League standard technically and that's why West Ham got rid. We will only go so far if CK is in our first XI on a regular basis, let along playing box-to-box or as a No10!
Old 23-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He was far better than Luka on Saturday against the best team in the league.
Old 23-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
Least favoured player.......see him as lukas understudy not playing along side.
I dont doubt his effort but shluppy and macca either side of luka offers balance.
Personally would like to see meyer in for shluppy and shluppy and townsend rotating further forward.
Would love to have discussion with roy as to what it is he sees in cheik that im missing
I would agree about Luka on last years form, but not this season. Luka has taken on the Sakho role of losing the ball in a dangerous position at least once a game, his dead balls(corners and freekicks) are shite(go look at Bentekes header against City for proof) and he is the most booked player in the PL. Kouyate on the other hand has upper his game and provides steel and height in the middle in front of the defense and also pushes up quickly to support the attack. Neither will score much from open play.
Old 23-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Kouyate has offered more than Luka when he has played, this season. I would like to see him keep a shot below thirty feet, though, just once.
Old 23-10-2019, 10:27 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Great squad player. Cover for Milivojevic. I'm warming to him for the defensive contribution, mobility and workrate. But he is not Premier League standard technically and that's why West Ham got rid. We will only go so far if CK is in our first XI on a regular basis, let along playing box-to-box or as a No10!
West Ham got rid because in his final two years there he wasn’t even doing the basics, like being mobile. The Kouyate they had in the first two years didn’t have technical ability either, but was still a good player thanks to his other attributes. That’s the player we’ve mostly seen at palace.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 23-10-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 23-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
West Ham got rid because in his final two years there he wasn’t even doing the basics, like being mobile. The Kouyate they had in the first two years didn’t have technical ability either, but was still a good player thanks to his other attributes. That’s the player we’ve mostly seen at palace.
This is of course nonsense.
West Ham got rid because they got too big for their boots, signed a load of midfielders (inc JW the ongoing crock) and through they were going places.
Oh yeah we also beat them the other week after they spent £130m in the summer and we kept hard working players like CK.
just a thought.
Old 23-10-2019, 10:40 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
This is of course nonsense.
West Ham got rid because they got too big for their boots, signed a load of midfielders (inc JW the ongoing crock) and through they were going places.
Oh yeah we also beat them the other week after they spent £130m in the summer and we kept hard working players like CK.
just a thought.
At the time they sold Kouyate there was literally a two minute compilation video going around on twitter of him strolling while the opposition attacks through the middle. He was below par in his final two seasons there, no two ways about it. He’s regained form at palace and looks more like the player who made a big impact in his first two years.

But I’m sure your single opinion based on match of the day and matches vs palace outweighs that of the west Ham fans who watch him week in week out.

You’re like the yin to GF’s yang. While he has no time for Kouyate, you have no time for anyone daring to criticise him.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 23-10-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 23-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
At the time they sold Kouyate there was literally a two minute compilation video going around on twitter of him strolling while the opposition attacks through the middle. He was below par in his final two seasons there, no two ways about it. He’s regained form at palace and looks more like the player who made a big impact in his first two years.

But I’m sure your single opinion based on match of the day and matches vs palace outweighs that of the west Ham fans who watch him week in week out.

You’re like the yin to GF’s yang. While he has no time for Kouyate, you have no time for anyone daring to criticise him.
Ah your opinion is based on twitter.

Says a lot.
Old 23-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Ah your opinion is based on twitter.

Says a lot.
Nope, mostly west Ham family. But supplemented by west ham forums and Twitter. If you haven’t watched a team week in week out, the internet and social media is probably the next best option, as you can scope a fanbases opinion on a player. So I don’t quite see your point. Suppose there’s statistical analysis too, but you don’t strike me as one of those sorts.

What is your opinion based on?

Last edited by CP-RJW; 23-10-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 28-10-2019, 11:33 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I just can't make up my mind on him. Part of me thinks he's great, and another is that he's a donkey. I get the feeling that when he plays we possibly play better as a team, but when he is on the ball he is mostly crap.
Old 28-10-2019, 11:41 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He does a lot of getting in the way of opposition attacks, his rangy legs seem to intercept a lot of passes. Big lad at the back for set pieces, too. Not that that helped much yesterday! Not convinced he offers much going forward but we do seem to look more solid when he plays, tricky.
Old 28-10-2019, 01:21 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I just can't make up my mind on him. Part of me thinks he's great, and another is that he's a donkey. I get the feeling that when he plays we possibly play better as a team, but when he is on the ball he is mostly crap.
Reminds me a bit of Jedinak. Jedinak didn't have the killer pass but my Goodness you didn't f*** with him.
Old 28-10-2019, 01:35 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great player. He's there to break up play and does it well!
Old 28-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Palace player analysis shocker
Old 28-10-2019, 01:48 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Same. Not sure he is influential enough
Old 28-10-2019, 03:24 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good hard working player it is what the best palace teams have always been about.
Old 28-10-2019, 03:33 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Ridiculously underrated - a key key part of the team.
Old 28-10-2019, 03:37 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
That sums it up - he's been a big part of why our system has worked well these first ten games without us every looking very smooth. Battles high up the pitch and is still able to chase back to shield the defence, a good target in the air for long balls and defensively for set pieces, but poor on the ball and when he does get into good positions, rarely makes anything of it.

A very handy squad player and rightly kept his place at the expense of Meyer, but I hope once this run of games against the top 6 is over there'll be a chance for the likes of Meyer and Camarasa in place of Kouyate.

Werner Herzog
Old 28-10-2019, 03:42 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Kouyate has zero composure on the ball, some of his passing and all of his shots so far have been dreadful but he is a decent enough player for us, and fits well into what Hodgson wants.