Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MoM
Hennessey 196 50.52%
Ward 10 2.58%
Tomkins *** 4 1.03%
Cahill 57 14.69%
van Aanholt 15 3.87%
Zaha 4 1.03%
Kouyaté 42 10.82%
Milivojevic ** 0 0%
McArthur 35 9.02%
Schlupp * 2 0.52%
Ayew 9 2.32%
* Townsend 0 0%
** Benteke 10 2.58%
*** Dann 4 1.03%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-10-2019, 04:36 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This was never going to be a game where we could have expected anything from, and City with their positive approach and domination when in possession summed up their domination, and watching their silky flowing football is really a joy. The scoreline in fairness was a little kind on us but we did have a couple of chances and if the Benteke header had gone in could have proved an interesting last period, especially after their recent results perhaps would have made it a nervous period for them. With their makeshift CB pairing i just wish Roy had put Benteke on at the Start of of the 2nd half to put some physical pressure on them, and also given Zaha a more free role in the middle to run at them and who knows what may have happened.
As for individual performances i did not feel we had any that really stood out, but i find it hard to justify Schlupp being in the team as his overall positive contribution is minimal, but clearly he suits Roy's methods and does what he wants from his midfielders. However, at the end of the day we started yesterday in a fantastic 6th position and ended the day there, so how can we really complain.
Old 20-10-2019, 04:44 PM

montrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At the risk of sounding like a broken record.......why was there only 3 minutes of added time yesterday ?. For all the VAR and goal line technology the sooner they have a proper timing system the better.
Old 20-10-2019, 05:39 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Agree with that, Kiely seems to have brought an improvement in both

Of course VG is a better keeper, but the goalkeeping position had no impact on the result yesterday, for us at least.
You are right to give Kiely some credit but I think having each other both playing well must help too.

Guaita's ability ha spur more pressure on Wayne to perform and similarly Wayne's improved form means Guaita can't take his selection for granted. I think we are lucky to have them and its the strongest we have been in the goalkeeping department.
Old 20-10-2019, 05:40 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesheart View Post
Good shout. I honestly feel that is his level. Leicester are are good side with a very good manager.
I don't think Leicester will pay the sort of fee we want for Wilf either. They are a smart, well run club. Unless they make the Champions league again and have big funds.
Old 20-10-2019, 05:47 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
This was never going to be a game where we could have expected anything from, and City with their positive approach and domination when in possession summed up their domination, and watching their silky flowing football is really a joy. The scoreline in fairness was a little kind on us but we did have a couple of chances and if the Benteke header had gone in could have proved an interesting last period, especially after their recent results perhaps would have made it a nervous period for them. With their makeshift CB pairing i just wish Roy had put Benteke on at the Start of of the 2nd half to put some physical pressure on them, and also given Zaha a more free role in the middle to run at them and who knows what may have happened.
As for individual performances i did not feel we had any that really stood out, but i find it hard to justify Schlupp being in the team as his overall positive contribution is minimal, but clearly he suits Roy's methods and does what he wants from his midfielders. However, at the end of the day we started yesterday in a fantastic 6th position and ended the day there, so how can we really complain.

Some will Luie, good post.
Old 20-10-2019, 05:56 PM

PalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

I wasn't kidding myself before this match but if I was I think this would have made me realise that we will struggle to make the top half of the table and I would expect us to be more likely bobbling around the bottom third unless there are some serious reinforcements. Part if that concern centres on Wilf's 'head'. We can't leave him out (without uproar) but too often he is at best 'distracted'. With another window around the corner this will again get worse before it has been fixed. Hesitate to move into the 'get rid' camp but can see why people have done so.

Bring on an easier match at the Emirates..... gulp
Martin, a good summary of the game again.

One thing I would add is that as well as the quality you can see the City players breaking their neck to get to the ball, or to make runs to take defenders away etc etc. To even compete against that quality, our players need to have that same commitment, and one or two were short of that yesterday.

In terms of Zaha, I would think that the best outcome, if he does persist with this level of performance for us, would be if Chelsea came in with a pre-agreed deal in January to take him in the summer. They have lost Hazard and haven't got that kind of player (Hudson-Odoi the closest). We may be able to get Batshuayi as a part exchange, but if there's no wages saving then maybe there's no point. Zaha barely seems to want to take players on this season, unless he's been told to approach the game differently which I would struggle to understand. At the moment he's not helping us enough considering his ability, he's harming his transfer value and he's putting off potential buyers.

Hopefully Townsend will be given a start soon because Schlupp has been poor recently, we have looked better with Andros on the pitch. No disaster yesterday and looking forward to a (slightly) more even game next weekend.
Old 20-10-2019, 05:58 PM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought we gave them too much respect first half. More pressing and wing based approach second half was much better. We mustn’t be afraid of Top 6 sides - we are good enough to compete and beat them.

Onto the Library next Sunday.
Old 20-10-2019, 07:33 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
[/B]

Some will Luie, good post.
I find that "watching their silky flowing football is really a joy" when they're playing twatford or toon or weed but somehow less fun when they're playing us. And it doesn't exactly chuff me when they then f*** up against teams like Wolves or Norwich.
Old 20-10-2019, 07:41 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceRichard View Post

One thing I would add is that as well as the quality you can see the City players breaking their neck to get to the ball, or to make runs to take defenders away etc etc. To even compete against that quality, our players need to have that same commitment, and one or two were short of that yesterday.

In terms of Zaha, I would think that the best outcome, if he does persist with this level of performance for us, would be if Chelsea came in with a pre-agreed deal in January to take him in the summer. They have lost Hazard and haven't got that kind of player (Hudson-Odoi the closest). We may be able to get Batshuayi as a part exchange, but if there's no wages saving then maybe there's no point. Zaha barely seems to want to take players on this season, unless he's been told to approach the game differently which I would struggle to understand. At the moment he's not helping us enough considering his ability, he's harming his transfer value and he's putting off potential buyers.

Hopefully Townsend will be given a start soon because Schlupp has been poor recently, we have looked better with Andros on the pitch. No disaster yesterday and looking forward to a (slightly) more even game next weekend.
Agree with all this
Old 20-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:

I agree with that but I am a bit concerned that Wilf has done the damage already re his value and demand. Not sure if I was an owner if I would make the move for him right now. From afar he looks like a diva, inconsistent, prone to petulance on and now off the pitch and this season not outbalanced by outrageous ability and form/end results. Maybe worth a risk as a bargain but not top dollar. But Wilf, as he looked yesterday. is of little use to us either. this is bad news for him and us if true.Maybe it just looks worse when you see every minute he plays, I don't know.

Re man City effort - They really put shifts in week in week out. TBH I think we do for the most part but there are some that can't sustain that over 90 mins and the odd one/occasion where some get in a moody.

Townsend looks to be in better nick now and should be close to a start I reckon.
Old 20-10-2019, 08:56 PM

Krise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
They’re objectively one of the top two teams in Europe. We’d have a much easier time against Barca, Real or Bayern,
I like this Global Club Soccer Rankings list where Man City are currently 1, Palace are 50 and eg. West Ham are 63: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-10-2019, 09:00 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I agree with that but I am a bit concerned that Wilf has done the damage already re his value and demand. Not sure if I was an owner if I would make the move for him right now. From afar he looks like a diva, inconsistent, prone to petulance on and now off the pitch and this season not outbalanced by outrageous ability and form/end results. Maybe worth a risk as a bargain but not top dollar. But Wilf, as he looked yesterday. is of little use to us either. this is bad news for him and us if true.Maybe it just looks worse when you see every minute he plays, I don't know.

Re man City effort - They really put shifts in week in week out. TBH I think we do for the most part but there are some that can't sustain that over 90 mins and the odd one/occasion where some get in a moody.

Townsend looks to be in better nick now and should be close to a start I reckon.
The most conspicuous things about wilf yesterday were his petulance, reluctance to track back and get stuck in and his new white and gold Lamborghini in the car park
Old 20-10-2019, 09:30 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
I find that "watching their silky flowing football is really a joy" when they're playing twatford or toon or weed but somehow less fun when they're playing us. And it doesn't exactly chuff me when they then f*** up against teams like Wolves or Norwich.
Clearly as a true Palace fan, like us all you are disappointed at any loss particularly given our great start to the season. Personally I admire silky flowing football, a style, albeit without the pressing, which was introduced in the early 60 years ago by Arthur Rowe at Spurs called ''push and run''. Palace currently don't have the personnel to play a similar game consistantly. City's all stars had a reality check against Norwich and Wolves, proving, as we did last season, that they are beatable. I fancy that, particularly with De Bruyne back, they now will go on a long winning streak.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:41 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krise View Post
I like this Global Club Soccer Rankings list where Man City are currently 1, Palace are 50 and eg. West Ham are 63: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Bit surprised to see Southampton at 46
Old 20-10-2019, 10:42 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Hennessy and McArthur played well.

Ayew and Schluup had their worst games of the season. Wilf wasnt at it. And surprised at votes for Kouyate who was below par by his standards this season.

Hard to be too down after losing to a team like city but i think 0-2 flattered us, could have been 5 or 6 another day.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:45 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
It was tongue-in-cheek to make Benteke MOM! Still, decent header. Actually had a poor all-round game apart from hitting the bar imho, but at least he had our best effort on goal.
Fair point
Old 21-10-2019, 10:03 AM

Eagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Agreed and surely playing against teams like city is his opportunity to demonstrate that he has the ability to play against the best in the world?

As someone has already commented, Sterlings work rate was 20 times that of Wilfs and to be honest, Mendy had him in his pocket all game, Wilf looked incredibly average....I'd argue Andros when he came on looked more the £80m winger than Wilf ever did on Saturday
Old 21-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I sat in a different part of the ground yesterday and I was shocked what a bunch of knobheads the city fans were. They really came over a bunch of self entitled wankers who did nothing but offer out the family stand all game. Shame because they used to be a good bunch.
I often see people say that MC fans are a good bunch, but they are really not. It seems that the wankers who used to support the wankers are just getting off at a different train stop these days.
Old 21-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Really disappointed (albeit not remotely surprised) to see us show zero attacking intent in the first half. We just sat off and let them camp in our half until they bagged a couple of goals.

The second half (and their recent game with Norwich) shows what can be done when you press them a bit.

No shame in losing but they were there for the taking IMO.

Henn, Cahill and Kouyate the standout players.
Old 21-10-2019, 10:11 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
After they lost to Norwich they put 8 last Watford. We got off lightly btw they were terrible against Norwich and nothing like they were on Saturday.