Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 21-10-2019, 06:49 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
I got this email over the weekend.

Hi

As someone who has supported my work as the Shadow Sports Minister to improve the fan experience at football matches - I wanted to write to you about Safe Standing.

Last Thursday, the Government published their Safe Standing review. Despite Safe Standing being implemented safely in multiple leagues across the world, such as in Germany, Scotland and the USA, the review has concluded that more evidence is still required.

By rejecting the introduction of Safe Standing, the Government are disgracefully ignoring the clear demand by fans, supporters' groups and football clubs.

The EFL’s own survey concluded overwhelmingly that fans across the country would favour the option to stand safely at football matches – and now the Government are continuing to wilfully disregard the clear demand from the 94% of fans who would welcome the implementation of Safe Standing.

So I am confirming today, that if Labour return to Government in coming months we would overturn the all-seater policy. We would allow the introduction of Safe Standing areas for all clubs in the Premier League and EFL for the 2020/21 season.

I want to make it clear to the Government that fans cannot continue to be ignored - please help me by sharing your views on social media.
To view the link you have to Register or Login Thank you for reading this, best of luck for the rest of the season!

Best wishes,

Rosena

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan MP
Shadow Minister for Sport
Labour MP for Tooting