Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-10-2019, 05:53 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Women unfortunately sound like children in vocal tone when doing the Clive Tylesley school of over the top sensationalism commentary that they all do now.

I think all commentary is awful now, they spend most of the time trying to hype something that doesnt need hyping, I would much prefer a whimsical, anecdotal jovial style, like the good old Barry Davies. Someone needs to have some balls and be different and it could all change, as they are sheep. Networks are so desperate for faux passion though. It’s all too serious now.
Very eloquently put, that's exactly it.
Old 21-10-2019, 06:10 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Women unfortunately sound like children in vocal tone when doing the Clive Tylesley school of over the top sensationalism commentary that they all do now.

I think all commentary is awful now, they spend most of the time trying to hype something that doesnt need hyping, I would much prefer a whimsical, anecdotal jovial style, like the good old Barry Davies. Someone needs to have some balls and be different and it could all change, as they are sheep. Networks are so desperate for faux passion though. It’s all too serious now.
I used to love Barry Davis during the World Cup group stages when you used to settle down to watch two nations you didn’t really know much about. It would be a masteclass of a soothing, relaxing commentary on what was happening, with a history lesson thrown in.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 21-10-2019, 07:02 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Mute button is very useful and only used when Sparks is commentating. If I thought she was any good at it I might just lower the volume instead, just as I do with other poor commentators, and of course pundits like Carragher.

Last edited by Penstone Eagle; 21-10-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Old 21-10-2019, 08:09 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Mute button is very useful and only used when Sparks is commentating. If I thought she was any good at it I might just lower the volume instead, just as I do with other poor commentators, and of course pundits like Carragher.
Yep she is dreadful. I’m not sure who is worse though her or Micheal Owen. I simply can’t listen to him as says shit, ESPECIALLY if he is commentating on a Liverpool match.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 21-10-2019, 08:56 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I really rate Arlo White who commentates for NBC over here. Very old school IMHO.

Not sure you get him in The UK, unless he is doing the American Football commentary, which I believe maybe where he made his name.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
He used to be on the BBC many years ago, doing football or cricket, possibly both. I used to get him & Pat Murphy mixed up.
Old 21-10-2019, 11:22 AM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I think the X Factor has done more harm to children than all the 1970’s Top of the Pops presenters put together.
agreed. it's been utterly toxic. i loathe everything about it, and all the copy cat shows it spawned.
Old 21-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:

It’s virtually scripted now anyway.

They sit down before hand and think of phrases for big moments and goals, in particular for certain players or the relevance of the occasion. Peter Drury is the worst for this.

The best style of commentary hands down is the South American and Mediterranean way.

I never get tired of hearing a ridiculously elongated pronunciation of “Goal!” following by several fast repetitions of said word.
Old 21-10-2019, 12:17 PM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I used to love Barry Davis during the World Cup group stages when you used to settle down to watch two nations you didn’t really know much about. It would be a masteclass of a soothing, relaxing commentary on what was happening, with a history lesson thrown in.
I watched extended highlights on Youtube the other day of Argentina v Holland in WC 98 with Barry Davis commentating. It was a masterclass comnentry-wise crescendoing with his 'and Bergkamp has won it.' Lovely stuff.
Old 21-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Deliverooooo!!!

Do they really deliver all those different things at the same time? My only contact with them is when I am nearly run over by their idiot maniac riders. Are they simply people who were sacked by Dominos and too mad for Uber?
Old 21-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Riots in Santiago.

I’m stuck in the north. Had 2 flights cancelled so far and no idea when I can get home.
Old 21-10-2019, 01:04 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post

The best style of commentary hands down is the South American and Mediterranean way.

I never get tired of hearing a ridiculously elongated pronunciation of “Goal!” following by several fast repetitions of said word.
Really? I feel it would get repetitive and pretty annoying quite quickly.

Imagine if we'd had that instead of Tyler's bit of commentary when aguero won the title in the last second.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 21-10-2019, 01:07 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Riots in Santiago.

I’m stuck in the north. Had 2 flights cancelled so far and no idea when I can get home.
Who's rioting and why?
Old 21-10-2019, 01:35 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Old furkers that think they have a god given right to park their car outside their house .
Old 21-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Who's rioting and why?
Started out as students protesting against metro ticket price rises on Friday and quickly got out of hand. Metro stations destroyed, widespread looting and burning of supermarkets and other buildings. State of emergency declared and for me that meant all domestic flights cancelled for 3 days now
Old 21-10-2019, 01:43 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Started out as students protesting against metro ticket price rises on Friday and quickly got out of hand. Metro stations destroyed, widespread looting and burning of supermarkets and other buildings. State of emergency declared and for me that meant all domestic flights cancelled for 3 days now
They want packed lunches too.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 21-10-2019, 03:00 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
They want packed lunches too.
A lot more judging by the level of looting
Old 21-10-2019, 03:30 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Old furkers that think they have a god given right to park their car outside their house .
A bit drastic to riot over it though innit?
Old 21-10-2019, 03:35 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Riots in Santiago.

Been thinking of you and Peter, but wasn't sure where to post it (feeble excuse - sorry).

Hard to get a handle on what is happen, as apparently in US news it's not!
Old 21-10-2019, 03:45 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
A lot more judging by the level of looting
Perhaps Chile having the greatest disparity in income levels of all OECD countries?
Old 21-10-2019, 04:15 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Looks like they’ve watched JOKER for inspiration.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Stay safe.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel