Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-10-2019, 09:19 AM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

There are people across the world supporting this movement, check another countries take on it.
So saying you have read the document, what do you think of the qualification of it's co-signees?
Do you think they are qualified to impose their opinions on the world on this issue?
Old 19-10-2019, 09:41 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
So saying you have read the document, what do you think of the qualification of it's co-signees?
Do you think they are qualified to impose their opinions on the world on this issue?
I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition, i know what my opinions are and that is that we all could do an awful lot more to stop polluting this planet, dumping tonnes of plastic in the oceans, depleting the oceans of fish, deforestation, destroying habitats of endangered species and polluting the air so the ice caps are melting and extremes of weather are affecting millions and millions of people on a regular basis.

We can all make an effort to redress this and for the good of future generations we should instead of just trashing the place.
Old 19-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
When a movement stops ordinary folk earning a living then they've lost.
Upper middle class parents taking Gemima and Tarquin out of school for a day in protest have nothing but 1st world problems to worry about.
Lucky them.
Old 19-10-2019, 09:47 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
I would quite happily drink my beer at Selhurst from a glass but they insist on plastic!. What should I do?
You can make biodegradable plastic glasses and the club and everywhere else should be using these or at the very least reuse or recycle them. The answer is to ask the club to do so.
Old 19-10-2019, 09:54 AM
red and blue army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Upper middle class parents taking Gemima and Tarquin out of school for a day in protest have nothing but 1st world problems to worry about.
Lucky them.
I don't know why you want to make a class war out of this? The vast majority of XR supporters thought it was ridiculous to stop the tube and they learnt their lesson from that incident.

The people who are suffering the most from the extremes of weather caused by climate change are the very poorest in the world and i'm not talking about Canning Town.
Old 19-10-2019, 09:57 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lucky them.
F*ck off.
C*nts.
Old 19-10-2019, 10:32 AM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition, i know what my opinions are and that is that we all could do an awful lot more to stop polluting this planet, dumping tonnes of plastic in the oceans, depleting the oceans of fish, deforestation, destroying habitats of endangered species and polluting the air so the ice caps are melting and extremes of weather are affecting millions and millions of people on a regular basis.

We can all make an effort to redress this and for the good of future generations we should instead of just trashing the place.
Who would not agree with most the above, but you don't answer the question.

There's so much nonsense spouted on this topic, this is the major problem. Average people have no chance to understand.

One example, what place does Dr Catherine Happer, Sociology (Media and Communications), University of Glasgow have to impose her opinion (if it is that) on everyone else?
Old 19-10-2019, 10:46 AM
red and blue army

Quote:
Who would not agree with most the above, but you don't answer the question.

There's so much nonsense spouted on this topic, this is the major problem. Average people have no chance to understand.

One example, what place does Dr Catherine Happer, Sociology (Media and Communications), University of Glasgow have to impose her opinion (if it is that) on everyone else?
I tend to rely on the opinions of Dr PalaceSi from the University of the bleeding obvious when judging what effect humans are having on the environment.
Old 19-10-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I tend to rely on the opinions of Dr PalaceSi from the University of the bleeding obvious when judging what effect humans are having on the environment.
So you not only don't get my extremely politely made point, but double down on the dumbness. You need to put in work and effort to master a subject before you dictate to the world.
Old 19-10-2019, 11:52 AM
red and blue army

Quote:
So you not only don't get my extremely politely made point, but double down on the dumbness. You need to put in work and effort to master a subject before you dictate to the world.
Maybe you should master your subject too before you start undermining those who have a problem with the way mankind is polluting the planet and perhaps concentrate on polluting a little bit less yourself.
Old 19-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little dedders View Post
You're a moron.

Even the UK government has declared that we are in a state of climate emergency - the fact that they aren't willing to commit the resources to deal with it is a different matter.

The only people that don't think drastic action is needed immediately are either morons or are too selfish to accept that drastic changes to our lifestyles are required.
What difference do you think the UK can make to climate change. Before yiu answer remember we contribute less than 1% of worldwide human co2 and thats falling.
Old 19-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Why don't the XR protesters go and demonstrate where the pollution is bad?

Oh I know, they might get thrown in prison and get rodgered by some someone who's doesn't give a …...
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 20-10-2019, 12:56 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I don't know why you want to make a class war out of this? The vast majority of XR supporters thought it was ridiculous to stop the tube and they learnt their lesson from that incident.

The people who are suffering the most from the extremes of weather caused by climate change are the very poorest in the world and i'm not talking about Canning Town.
There is no evidence to support this statement. Extreme weather incidents have always been common. Recent history would show, if anything, there has been fewer and not more extreme weather events.

Last edited by Ifill Over; 20-10-2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Added related video
Old 20-10-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should master your subject too before you start undermining those who have a problem with the way mankind is polluting the planet and perhaps concentrate on polluting a little bit less yourself.

Last edited by cockles; 20-10-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 20-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
My. How grown-up you all are. You can hang on to whatever theory you want and argue all you like about the science and who is qualified to impose their opinion. Consider this though:

The planet doesn't need "saving". The planet will be just fine. The issue at hand is whether it is capable of continuing to supporting 7+ billion (and growing) humans particularly as (a) global population has doubled in the last sixty years and (b) most countries in the world are no longer agrarian societies. Simply put, humanity is now consuming more and more resources to a level which, if we aren't already there, cannot be regenerated at the rate of consumption. Clearly this is not sustainable. So either resources have to be increased (of which the climate change debate is part), or consumption curtailed. Easier to make these adjustments now and gradually than wait and find out what happens when the music stops.

To this end it's a social issue more than a scientific issue.
Old 20-10-2019, 07:31 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sciences are distancing themselves from NOAA/NASA data and climate models.

Old 20-10-2019, 07:33 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
If you think it’s crowded down here, imagine what it’s like in Heaven.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 21-10-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
If you think it’s crowded down here, imagine what it’s like in Heaven.
I'm heading to the bar where Oliver Reed drinks.
Old 21-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lucky them.
Those ordinary folk will be killed first by run away global warning.
Old 21-10-2019, 09:17 AM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Why don't the XR protesters go and demonstrate where the pollution is bad?

Oh I know, they might get thrown in prison and get rodgered by some someone who's doesn't give a …...
Rubbish argument and completely overlooks that the majority of goods produced for UK consumers are made overseas and some of the biggest polluting companies in the world are head quartered in the UK.

As one of the richest countries in the world it’s absolutely right that our government should be pressured to lead by example and show how it can be done.