Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 20-10-2019, 09:24 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Rejected by who?

Old 20-10-2019, 09:26 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
If they sellout on this issue, they will be waking up next to a horses head, so money won't work this time.......its their only red line
A horses head? That’s the stuff of dreams over there. That’s horse stew on Sunday.

Pipe bomb lobbed through your window stuffed full of nails while your watching Corrie with your kids. If that doesn’t work they’ll cut your cock off and feed it to you choking you to death in the process.

Lovely place, scenery is amazing.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:28 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Quite
Old 20-10-2019, 09:44 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
If brexit isn’t going to slow down globalisation and the Eu or the uk are highly unlikely to put the interests of the Caribbean ahead of their own; what’s the point, or more pertinently your point for supporting brexit?
I am neither for or against Brexit, I have no vote, just waiting to see what happens, but I do want it to be over, either way, sooner rather than later

As I have said, globalization, on the other hand, is making me uncomfortable, and living in the Caribbean I feel that I am closer to the sharp end of it
Old 20-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
It is a shame that ignorance is a choice for many people.
Didn't mummy tell you that if you are incapable of saying something nice....just fack off?
Old 20-10-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I am neither for or against Brexit, I have no vote, just waiting to see what happens, but I do want it to be over, either way, sooner rather than later

As I have said, globalization, on the other hand, is making me uncomfortable, and living in the Caribbean I feel that I am closer to the sharp end of it
To be honest living where you are I’d be asking for more of it if only on one topic; climate change. Thing is the world will only globalise properly on that if they continue to globalise on everything else.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:10 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post

The only way it's over soon is revoke and staying in the EU. Actually leaving is just the end of the beginning, there'll be years more of it
Old 21-10-2019, 05:51 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Rejected by who?

Was Arlene posing in front of a fairground mirror when she posed for that?
Old 21-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
To be honest living where you are I’d be asking for more of it if only on one topic; climate change. Thing is the world will only globalise properly on that if they continue to globalise on everything else.
Ha, you may have a point but lets just say I hope that the world can keep "globalization" and "agreements on climate change" as two separate distinct issues
Old 21-10-2019, 07:08 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
The only way it's over soon is revoke and staying in the EU. Actually leaving is just the end of the beginning, there'll be years more of it
Yes indeed, this is a point I made a few pages back about "putting it to bed"
Old 21-10-2019, 07:45 AM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Was Arlene posing in front of a fairground mirror when she posed for that?
Haha, I thought that.
It just seems madness to me that the DUP would reject a deal that is so favourable to them, which Raab (ffs!) has pointed out to them as they get the 'best of both worlds'
Economically they would be much better off and over time could close the massive income gap with the ROI (currently ROI is €45k pa versus NI £23k) which along with other trading advantages and more positive demographics just make an open border (even if it does end up in a UI) much more desirable in terms of peace, prosperity and opportunity.

Why on earth would they want to tie themselves to the iceberg of English nationalism (which includes a bias against all Irish people) when the Tories have just thrown them under a bus and the current labour leadership have some republcan sympathies.

On the other hand why would the ROI want to absorb NI and be left with all the shit that comes with it
Old 21-10-2019, 08:04 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Did anyone post this little gem....

Our government's own assessments are that this will hurt the economy by 4-6% a year... but I still think it's the right thing to do because we had the referendum in 2016' says former Home Secretary, Amber Rudd

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 21-10-2019, 08:09 AM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post

Our government's own assessments are that this will hurt the economy by 4-6% a year... but I still think it's the right thing to do because we had the referendum in 2016' says former Home Secretary, Amber Rudd
A year!!!....surely she means 4-6% over say 10 years?? Otherwise Argentina ruination here we come
Old 21-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Today is going to be another toxic session with Johnson trying to bounce parliament into a vote on the “deal”. They will be livid if Bercow blocks it.
Old 21-10-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Today is going to be another toxic session with Johnson trying to bounce parliament into a vote on the “deal”. They will be livid if Bercow blocks it.
The Tories are in election mode in which they will play 2 jokers. The first is Corbyn 'the Marxist' the second is the people versus parliament. If Bercow blocks it, it plays into their strategy of parliament blocking the will of the people.

They have already made Bercow the bogeyman in this strategy and being 'livid' will just get pounced on by the pro brexit press but by parliamentary rules it should get blocked as technically a vote was held (going through on the nod) without 'division!'. Personally I think the Tories messed up as they opted for the optics of a walkout when Letwin was passed.
Old 21-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Can’t support BJs plan, can’t support the UK being in a CU, want to honour the GFA (allegedly) and have the magic votes at the moment.....wonder if a promise of no abortion might buy them off?

Jim Shannon: DUP cannot support a customs union

The DUP’s Jim Shannon has told Sky his party would not support an amendment that would keep the UK in a customs union with the EU.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 21-10-2019, 08:43 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Steve Baker doing the rounds complaining bitterly about the Remainers delaying tactics.

These are the guys (the ERG) who will have diarised 31 December 2020 as a the date when they might be able to really leave the EU without a deal.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-10-2019, 08:54 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
The Tories are in election mode in which they will play 2 jokers. The first is Corbyn 'the Marxist' the second is the people versus parliament. If Bercow blocks it, it plays into their strategy of parliament blocking the will of the people.

They have already made Bercow the bogeyman in this strategy and being 'livid' will just get pounced on by the pro brexit press but by parliamentary rules it should get blocked as technically a vote was held (going through on the nod) without 'division!'. Personally I think the Tories messed up as they opted for the optics of a walkout when Letwin was passed.
^^^

Of course. And the daft twats will lap it up.

Cricket wanker.
Old 21-10-2019, 09:11 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Rejected by who?

I thought nowadays it was considered strictly off limits to dress up like the cast of the Black and White Minstrel Show.
Old 21-10-2019, 09:34 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post

That's Amber Rudd, one of the most incompetent, discredited politicians we've had in years. I think it unlikely that she can do basic maths, so when she talks about percentages and such like we need to be very patient with her.

Another view on Johnson's deal comes from the governor of the Bank of England who really does understand figures:

"The governor of the Bank of England has told the BBC that the new Brexit deal struck by the government is "welcome" and a "net economic positive". "

To view the link you have to Register or Login

And these two conflicting views shows the difficulty the public has. First, it has to rely on media soundbites because there is no intelligent political analysis or debate. No wonder 'fake news' is so influential now. Second, both sides can select soundbites (as I've just done) to promote whatever view they hold and as a result many people have simply stopped listening

How on earth has this great country come to a point where it's political leaders (on both sides) are so inept? Perhaps, though, it's unfair to call Johnson 'inept'. He has sold a clear vision with a simple, consistent message. The fact that he's being allowed to do so on a fraudulent basis reflects worse on the opposition than it does on him