Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 11-10-2018, 11:01 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
It's now a Romanian Restaurant - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Blimey, how things change, when I was a kid " many years ago" ( must be a song in there) way before a music or restaurant venue---The Gun was well known as a boxing Gym. Croydon had quite a few decent boxers at that time.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:51 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
Surely the phrase is 'i wasn't there, man'
Nah its "I was so out of it I can't remember..."

SaulAlinsky
Old 11-10-2018, 12:56 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
Surely the phrase is 'i wasn't there, man'
Don't be a buzz kill, dude.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:03 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I can't imagine a scenario where I would do this. There was a brief period when I about 13 where I wouldn't even do it by myself, just in case a ghost was watching. To each his own.
Remember reading an account of that story over 20 years ago in Pete Shotton’s book about Lennon (he was his best mate at school).

It stuck with me ever since...maybe that was a wrong choice of words.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 11-10-2018, 01:08 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Maidstoned - Out of interest.... Do you like the Stones?
Old 11-10-2018, 01:10 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Rolling or Roses?

Old 11-10-2018, 01:23 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller View Post
Well, you did get sacked from Lanfranc. Even I could teach there!
I thought I'd quote PK, just because.

And I now can't get the image of the Beatles wanking together out of my head and this has no connection to PK.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:40 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Rolling or Roses?
Both now you come to mention it.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:52 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Both now you come to mention it.
Rolling yes, Roses first album

Old 13-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Perfectly formed Member

YASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Someone who posts on here, went to see that gig, can't remember who.

What an awful memory.........
Old 14-10-2018, 08:04 AM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASSA the PALACETINIAN View Post
What an awful memory.........

Old 14-10-2018, 08:13 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Anyone know of their mum/dad/grandparents going to see The Beatles when they appeared at the ABC cinema and Fairfield Halls Croydon back in ‘63?

I take no BBSers were there?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 14-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Anyone know of their mum/dad/grandparents going to see The Beatles when they appeared at the ABC cinema and Fairfield Halls Croydon back in ‘63?

No, but I was allowed to go and see A Hard Day's Night at the Odeon in North End with my schoolmates a year or so later. Does that count?
Old 14-10-2018, 03:52 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:

My wife went to see them at The Hollywood Bowl... apparently that was 1964.

She seems to have survived the trauma OK. (Well thinking about it, actually....)
Old 14-10-2018, 04:09 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here

Better than anything The Beatles ever done.

And I've got an older brother and sister who had Beatles wallpaper apparently.

You had to be there I suppose.
Old 14-10-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
My wife went to see them at The Hollywood Bowl... apparently that was 1964.

She seems to have survived the trauma OK. (Well thinking about it, actually....)
I did consider on my route back to San Francisco airport last month, about popping in to Candlestick Park - the scene of their last ever concert; but the baseball stadium was recently raised to the ground. Didn’t fancy seeing a bunch of new builds or an industrial estate so didn’t bother.

- John Peel
Old 14-10-2018, 04:59 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
I did consider on my route back to San Francisco airport last month, about popping in to Candlestick Park - the scene of their last ever concert; but the baseball stadium was recently raised to the ground. Didn’t fancy seeing a bunch of new builds or an industrial estate so didn’t bother.
Went there a few years ago for the 49ers last ever game in the stadium - didn’t think of the music connection until you mentioned it. It had certainly seen better days and the local area was a bit dodgy. Good game though.
Old 14-10-2018, 05:40 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I confess that I had not heard of the 'Beatles' - but I was able to find a little bit about them by using Google. It seems that they were a beat combo who had some success in the 1960's and early 1970's. I have downloaded a couple of their tunes, and they were quite good!
But then I suppose you never recovered from Beethovens death!
Old 14-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

No,however my Mum and Dad met them all when they were in the film 'Magical Mystery Tour'. It was filmed over a weekend in Kent somewhere I believe.

They used to go to Peggy Spencers dance hall, and that's how they got to be in it - they were dancers who danced down some stairs to the song 'Your mother would know' which was near the end of the film

The film was on tv on Boxing Day (1967?) in black and white, and was panned by critics.

It has since been out in colour on DVD I believe, they are vaguely featured in the 12 inch record sleeve (there is a sleeve version with pictures which my mum has)

My mum has a photo of the 4 of them signed by all four. Must be worth a bit with the provenence of their back story I imagine.

Sorry if I've mentioned this before.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 14-10-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
Went there a few years ago for the 49ers last ever game in the stadium - didn’t think of the music connection until you mentioned it. It had certainly seen better days and the local area was a bit dodgy. Good game though.
Yes, when i looked up visiting the place on some forum, a few advised it wasn’t the safest place for tourists to take a stroll.

I believe McCartney went back and played a concert there before it was knocked down.

- John Peel