Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-01-2011, 02:22 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Has not everyone and their uncle done a version of Hallelujah?
Old 24-01-2011, 02:27 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I have a cassette recording of my Mum singing The Impossible Dream into the mic after see found out she had cancer and was probably not going to make it.

The tape was made in her home and all alone, because I was too much of a selfish **** to return home to be with her....

I can't hear that song, let alone listen to the tape without gushing a good'un.

Discovered the tape after she passed away... clearing out her stuff.
Old 24-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Out Here In The Fields

petertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Abide With Me.

AATOT.
Old 24-01-2011, 03:25 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Side four of 'Topographic Ocens' by Yes.
If you're not screaming to be put out of your misery by that point, you're probably not human.....
Old 24-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Some Fantastic Place - Squeeze
Keep Me in Your Heart for Awhile - Warron Zevon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 24-01-2011, 04:13 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Volcano by Damien Rice

it meant a lot to me and an ex, now when i hear it it brings back some shitty times.
Old 24-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Sky full of stars!

Princess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrincess came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog
I have a cassette recording of my Mum singing The Impossible Dream into the mic after see found out she had cancer and was probably not going to make it.

The tape was made in her home and all alone, because I was too much of a selfish **** to return home to be with her....

I can't hear that song, let alone listen to the tape without gushing a good'un.

Discovered the tape after she passed away... clearing out her stuff.
That made me well up. How lovely and sad all in one go.

Officially other mother to Jonny Williams!
Old 26-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Septum surgery hurts.

bendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebendyjoe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Beautiful Day - 3 Colours Red
Always Love - Nada Surf

Hold on a sec.... am I just a soppy git after all??
Old 26-01-2011, 09:23 AM

markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
Days of our lives – Queen
Sinead O’Connor – Nothing compares 2u
Stop crying your heart out – Oasis
Top two are more personal as the songs were in the charts when we (my family) lost relations.
Old 26-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Most of James Blunt's output makes me shed a tear that he wasn't blown up in Sarajevo.
Old 26-01-2011, 09:30 AM

fish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sussex by The Sea makes me cry with a kind of comical pity for its fans.........
Old 26-01-2011, 09:35 AM
9dw

Roadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have I Told You Lately by Van Morrison. Was the first dance song at my wedding
Old 26-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
Yep - I'd go with that one and also Mike & The Mechanics - Living Years
I heard Dancing with my Father the other day driving to the shops. I must have looked a bit odd wandering around Waitrose with puffy red eyes.

Along with M&M's Living Years I also cry when I hear Bruce Springstein's Walk Like a Man or The Barking Bard's Tank Park Salute.

Outside of things that make me think of my late father I go with Mirella Freni singing Un bel di vedremo from Madame Butterfly.
Old 26-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil's Barber
Barber's Adagio For Strings.
You can’t put your own compositions in here …. a lovely piece of music though
Old 26-01-2011, 01:26 PM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Another vote for Joy Division's Atmosphere for me.
Caroline, No - Beach Boys
Black Eyed Dog - Nick drake
In a Manner of Speaking - Tuxedomoon, although the Nouvelle Vague version probably makes me feel more lumpy throated.
Holocaust - Big Star
You've Changed - Billie Holliday (the whole of Lady In Satin is a blubfest)
Black Ship in the Harbour - Felt
Sunday Morning Coming Down - Johnny Cash
Sun Comes up, It's Tuesday Morning - Cowboy Junkies
**** and Run - Liz Phair
This Woman's Work - Kate Bush
Sacred Music - Trembling Blue Stars
It's Not Easy Being Green - Kermit the Frog
Little Sister - Nico
Veridis Quo - Daft Punk
12' 18'' - Global Communciation
Knuddlemuss - Ulrich Schnauss
Rippin Kittin - Goldenboy and Miss Kittin
Confused and Proud - Fosca ("With your crime of being yourself, and your punishment of staying yourself")

Last edited by hilairehair; 26-01-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 26-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Not my type of music at all but The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics has a poignant meaning to me

"People go to Brighton for various reasons. A holiday, a place to retire, a dirty weekend. You don't go there for football."
Old 26-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Loopylulu

Eaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglettie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Holding back the years - Simply Red
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

Life's lived forwards but understood backwards.
Old 26-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Bombaye...

Norvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Billy Bragg - St Swithin's Day
Old 26-01-2011, 01:35 PM

markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglettie
Holding back the years - Simply Red
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
good shout
Old 26-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Everybody Hurts - REM
Loving the Alien - Velvet Revolver
Glitter in the Air - Pink
No-one But You - Queen