Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 09-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
As Petertaylor said, I'm sure there's already a thread, so I'm sure I've said this before, but 'what becomes of the broken hearted' is the one for me.

It reminds me of when my nan died, she was only 63. She was the cornerstone of our family and the only grandmother I had because my mum was raised in a convent, not having known her family.

So we were very close, I'd go to see her at her house in Tooting at least once a week, if not more, and she'd always cook me something nice whether I needed to eat or not. Except one week I got the flu, and called her to say I'd have to wait til I was better before going to visit her again. "You just concentrate on getting yourself better and I'll see you then" she said. Sadly, those were the last words I heard from her. The next day, she died of a sudden heart attack. I went to her house with my dad, and her little transistor radio was on under the ancient TV she had. It was playing 'what becomes of the broken hearted'. Although she did die of an actual heart attack, we always thought she'd been broken hearted when my grandfather's Parkinson's disease got so bad that he had to go into full time care. It was something that I think sapped her life away.

More recently, the song 'Wires' by Athlete pushes me to the point of blubbing. Anyone who's gone through the trials and tribulations of childbirth (men and women) couldn't help but be touched by that song, I think.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Who knows where the time goes - Sandy Denny/Fairport Convention
Take Away the Load - Sandy Denny
Please Come to Boston - Kenny Loggins
Call it a loan - Jackson Browne (very specific personal reasons)

And two that make me cry with joy - The Crying Game & Somewhere in My Heart, Aztec Camera

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 09-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you could read my mind - Gordon Lightfoot or even Johnny Cash's version
Old 10-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Your Song - Elton John
Imagine - John Lennon
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2019/2020

Vote Moo moo2
Old 10-02-2011, 12:56 AM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
Yoshimi battles the Pink Robots by The Flamming Lips.
I'll admit it's a strange song, but it really reminds me of my sister-in-law who passed away a couple of years ago. She'd fought a long and painful battle against cancer, but throughout it all stayed unbelievably strong a she didn't want her 2 young daughters to see her suffering. I'm not sure if "those evil robots" are meant to be a metaphor for anything else, but in my mind they are.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Here's another one for the list - Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Just listened to it and it had me going straight away.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 AM

wighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nights in White Satin by the Moody Blues

Love Don't Live Here Any More by Rose Royce reminds me of someone who broke my heart.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
My Sweet Prince by Placebo, for personal reasons.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quite a few songs on the Hurt album, by Johnny Cash, can get me going. Particularly Hurt and Bridge over Troubled Water.

I don't think he died before the album was released, but it was soon after. I think.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:45 AM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
I was just flicking through the radio dial when Old And Wise by Alan Parsons Project came on - guaranteed to bring a lump to the throat. That combined with reading this thread has put a real downer on my day
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Kitler

Baldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglettie
Holding back the years - Simply Red
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
Vomit
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Michael Jackson - I can't help it
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 08-03-2011, 09:34 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE
Michael Jackson - I can't help it
He couldn't help what? ******* young boys?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Carnival is Over - The Seekers
Carrickfergus - Paddy Reilly
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:25 PM
LL12 Eagle

mouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsmouseboy was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits.
yes! but the version from 'On the Night' with the sax outro
Old 12-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jilted John
Old 29-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Silver Springs - Fleetwood Mac.

I love Stevie Nicks. Sorry.
Old 29-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
My Sweet Prince by Placebo, for personal reasons.
And what a good album that was from. 'The Crawl' I think was my favourite track.
Old 29-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy Chicken
Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to say goodbye
I saw a DVD of these two live in Tuscany recently.

In my ignorance I didn't know that Brightman could sing like that so it was a new experience for me.

When she hit the first high note the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

By the end of the song I was wiping a tear from eye.

I was quite pissed at the time though.
Old 29-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite
I saw a DVD of these two live in Tuscany recently.

In my ignorance I didn't know that Brightman could sing like that so it was a new experience for me.

When she hit the first high note the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

By the end of the song I was wiping a tear from eye.

I was quite pissed at the time though.

you would have to be, to sit down and even bother to watch it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale