Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 29-05-2012, 04:32 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys Allover
Both so talented and held up as iconic sportsmen in their own fields, pretty much down to a couple of outstanding performances. They showed yesterday that Tim Bresnan has much better batting and bowling averages than Botham and Flintoff, another iconic player.

Stats tell one story but the passion to play for your country and perform on the biggest stage is another entirely. One of nature's clever yet frustrating traits, intertwining huge talent most of us can only dream of with inability to avoid temptation.
Hang on a minute...by the time he called it a day Botham had soemthing like 15 test centuries under his belt and was at the time the all time leading wicket taker in test cricket. A bit more than a couple of outstanding performances surely?
Old 29-05-2012, 04:38 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
But Botham was shit at Sc*nthorpe.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 29-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Noone thinks of becoming an alcoholic.
If you played for Brighton, you probably would be one as well...
Old 29-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Palace & Whitehawk f.c.

Ismale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys Allover
Both so talented and held up as iconic sportsmen in their own fields, pretty much down to a couple of outstanding performances. They showed yesterday that Tim Bresnan has much better batting and bowling averages than Botham and Flintoff, another iconic player.

Stats tell one story but the passion to play for your country and perform on the biggest stage is another entirely. One of nature's clever yet frustrating traits, intert wining huge talent most of us can only dream of with inability to avoid temptation.
RE:Comparing Bresnan to Botham? ARE YOU NUTS!!!??? a "couple of outstanding "performances" WTF! Err,come back when Brezza's played 100 tests,got 380+ wickets,27 5 wicket innings & 4 10 wicket match performances,scored a ton & took 10 wickets in a test,took 100+ catches & also scored the small matter of 5200 test runs &! had an Ashes series in 1981 named after him! all the while being either pissed or stoned! (or both?)

Good god i read some Shit on here but that post above really takes the biscuit eh!?

Bresnans played 13 tests! FFS! a better comparison would be Flintoffs final career averages,which are within Tims reach IMO

As for Gazza he clearly (still) is a troubled soul as my favourite Non-Palace & England player of my youth & the 90's it pains me to see him like this,the years of Alcohol & drug abuse allied to his long-standing issues with Depression (Which,as others have alluded too,came to a head with his pre-France 98 axing by England,another masterstroke by
Hoddle that was! Especially as he had run the show in Italy in that 0-0 draw which saw us qualify earlier that season )

I would like to wish Gazza all the best in his current & future attempts at maintaining sobriety,unfortunately his past misdemeanors mean i have my doubts he will be able to maintain it but looking at him now he bloody well needs too!

Noel Gallagher
Old 29-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Where am i

Ollie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The amount of abuse he was putting hid body through from that vid is simply stunning! 4 bottles of whiskey a day and 70mg of valium and extras!
Old 29-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
His hour long interview with Piers Morgan a few months ago was riveting. he's totally clean now but the damage was done. He also talked about kicking the shite out of his missus. Four bottles of whisky a day. 70mg of valium for breakfast. And what he took before an Everton game explained here, bloody hell.
I don't believe him - as Piers Morgan suggests in the interview, if he had done that he would be dead.
Old 30-05-2012, 08:47 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I don't believe him - as Piers Morgan suggests in the interview, if he had done that he would be dead.
Your nody builds up resistance to it, I lived with someone who would drink 6 bottles of wine (at least two before lunch) and still function normally.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 30-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Gay Snake's Red Blarmy

CrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
"Moaty, it's Gazza!"
They're a bigger and better club than us, as much as I hate to say it. We might have 20,000 plastic supporters to fill our stadium at the moment, but when their enthusiasm fizzles out we will have nothing over Palace. I actually hope they go up now just so we don't have to go through two more humiliations next season.
(NSC Poster 14/05/2013)
Old 30-05-2012, 09:49 AM

hulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Not really, I see homless people that abuse there bodies in the same manner and have been around where I live for years. The human body is an extremely resilent thing and when conditioned can withstand allot of punishment when built up over time. A normal person consuming that amount as a one off would most probably die, just as a normal person going 12 rounds with Flloyd Mayweather would die. Condition and train a body over a period of time and it can be pushed to unimaginable limits.
Old 30-05-2012, 09:53 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
a bottle of whiskey to a raging alcoholic woundn't touch the sides
Old 30-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

BBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
get past the dodgy music and - just enjoy...45 seconds in the cup v us when he was 19
Old 30-05-2012, 11:24 AM
there is no spoon

dany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adoreddany bbi wants to be adored
brilliant stuff, thanks for posting! the goal at 9:49 is one of my all time favourites, yeah, ropey music though...
Old 30-05-2012, 01:02 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ah memories of years of Goals Galore videos. he was some player. I hadn't seen a lot of that action. No-one in the current squad can do what he could do. What a player.
Old 30-05-2012, 03:36 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
yer like piers Morgan's opinion is to be trusted

SaulAlinsky
Old 30-05-2012, 03:38 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
I recall supa al marking him out of a game up at spuz.

SaulAlinsky
Old 31-05-2012, 09:07 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Your nody builds up resistance to it, I lived with someone who would drink 6 bottles of wine (at least two before lunch) and still function normally.
You never lived with me and it was vodka.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 12-10-2018, 03:42 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Big news up here in Scotland in the papers. SFA withdraw Gazza’s nomination for their Hall of Fame. Apparently some SFA members said they would boycott the event if Gazza’s nomination wasn’t taken away after concerns about his private life over the years.

I wonder if he was Scottish whether his off field issues would be conveniently put to one side?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 12-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

Big news up here in Scotland in the papers. SFA withdraw Gazza’s nomination for their Hall of Fame. Apparently some SFA members said they would boycott the event if Gazza’s nomination wasn’t taken away after concerns about his private life over the years.

I wonder if he was Scottish whether his off field issues would be conveniently put to one side?
Probably doesn't drink enough to qualify for the Scottish Hall Of Fame.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Poor guy has all sorts of mental health issues. The nomination would have been really positive for him.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 12-10-2018, 06:09 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Poor guy has all sorts of mental health issues. The nomination would have been really positive for him.
This was Vinny Jones’s point. He actually went as far as to suggest this might knock him back.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel