Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:48 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Hungbo has nine goals in nine for Watford u23s. I’m not the most dedicated palace youth team follower, but I knew this guy looked promising. Why did he leave? Our decision or his?
Old 11-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Hungbo has nine goals in nine for Watford u23s. Iím not the most dedicated palace youth team follower, but I knew this guy looked promising. Why did he leave? Our decision or his?
Matt will have the proper answer but in the meantime, I remember seeing him on streams etc and he was one of the better prospects of that group for a while i seem to remember. He went out on loan I think and that's when the decision was made I reckon - just not sure if it was by him or the club, maybe both. I don't remember him as being a massive goalscorer but rather a competitive midfielder who could grab a goal given the chance. I think he scored a cracker while out on loan? I have tried to keep an eye out for the players that have left and have seen the videos of his goals. impressive and certainly isn't shy of shooting these days.

Suspect it might have reached a Flanagan or Hungbo situation?

But all of the above is from memory and second hand info. Matt will have the real insight I suspect,.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
We have in our history only produced one player that sold for £50m. The probability of doing that every 4 years is nil. AWB was vastly overpriced, when Tierney went to Arsenal from Celtic for £25m.
How long in our history have players been moving for £50m though? Only in the last 2-3 years has this been possible for a player of his stature.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:48 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I think we need a "Things you can do in the dome" thread.
I think we need you to shut the **** up. Enough with your bleedin Things threads.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:22 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Historically Academy Players would be going for a lot more money than they actually did if they were sold now.

Players like Routledge, Watson, Moses, Morrison, Soares and Mullins you would argue would go for at least double figure millions in this day and age transfer market. Given that Zaha went to United for £40m and AWB for £50m

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 12-10-2019, 10:30 AM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
Historically Academy Players would be going for a lot more money than they actually did if they were sold now.

Players like Routledge, Watson, Moses, Morrison, Soares and Mullins you would argue would go for at least double figure millions in this day and age transfer market. Given that Zaha went to United for £40m and AWB for £50m
Zaha went to Man United for £15m.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:38 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post

As the previous poster has said Wilf went for nothing like that. I thought it was about 10m rising to 15m. I doubt he triggered many of the add-ons either.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Zaha went to Man United for £15m.
That was over 6 years ago when he was a championship players. 15m on a championship striker today is still considered a decent amount of money.
Old 14-10-2019, 08:17 AM

ANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Woosie, Teamtalk are reporting we have a 14 year old called Zion Atta who might play for the under 18s soon and that the big 6 are looking at him. They also say we won’t be able to keep hold of him. What’s your view on him?
Old 14-10-2019, 09:11 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Yeah I suspect that is garbage. He was let go by Millwall in the summer with the knowledge that they would get the £60,000 compensation for him. He was looked at by Man City and went on trial with Man United but none of the bigger clubs wanted him.

He scored the winner in the Floodlit Cup final for the U15s last season after coming on as a substitute. He's tall and extremely quick, but his temperament is... he was sent off for the U15s recently and they failed to qualify for the Floodlit Cup group stages despite being the overall winners a year before.

Good player, but I don't think there will be any issue in terms of keeping hold of him. Also a little premature for him to play 18s when AFAIK he hasn't played for the 16s yet. The 16s have Victor Akinwale who has been away in an England training camp, and also Ademola Ola-Adebomi. Both of those would play ahead of him.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 14-10-2019, 09:47 AM

ANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don’t trust teamtalk and they had it labelled as an exclusive. I thought I’d ask the fountain of knowledge for his view! Thanks.
Old 17-10-2019, 11:32 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace U23 v Blackburn is live on the Palace PPV.

Kick Off 1PM today

The match is being played at Dulwich Hamlet FC.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

COYP
Old 17-10-2019, 11:34 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
I think we need you to shut the **** up. Enough with your bleedin Things threads.
"Things that TAK Thinks we should shut the **** up about" thread?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 17-10-2019, 11:34 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Palace U23 v Blackburn is live on the Palace PPV.

Kick Off 1PM today

The match is being played at Dulwich Hamlet FC.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

COYP
And available on Palace Player for just 3 quid.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 17-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
And available on Palace Player for just 3 quid.
Bargain! Stupid, Stupid club.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
U18s beat QPR 5-0 yesterday.

Mooney, Addy, Rak-Sakyi (pen), Omilabu, Gordon

That's Mooney's third goal in as many games and he only turned 16 last week.

There was an U18 debut for the 15-year-old midfielder Jack Wells-Morrison as well

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 21-10-2019, 05:20 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Not sure if U23 stuff still goes in this thread having read the earlier nomenclature dispute but....

Watched today's U23 vs Charlton. Lost 2-1 at home having again missed a penalty and taken the lead only to lose it in the second half. Enjoyable game despite the result but one littered with missed chances from both sides. After Charlton dominating the opening stages the Palace side got on top I thought with Charlton offering very little threat. Handball gave us a pen and Aveiro's well placed but under hit shot was saved at the post. I think this something like their fifth missed pen Shortly after another great run from
Boateng (D) ending with a great cross was neatly tucked away by Street. up to this point Charlton had been well contained but almost immediately equalised.

Second half started with Charlton pressing all over the pitch and we really struggled for a while and lost our rhythm. Chances came at both ends and were missed as they dominated but we broke out albeit a little sloppily.

Re performances I would pick out for comments:

David Boateng has really matured nicely into the RB slot at this level having been a midfielder before. Has a burst of pace, can beat his man and distributes well. Puts in a wicked cross. May not quite have Aaron's spider leg tackles but probably crosses it more dangerously. Be interesting to see f he continues to grow as a player. As I said elsewhere, he really reminds me of Richard Shaw as a youngster (body language, looks and running style)

Maybe a little unfair but Woods looks to have stalled a little to me. Has had some injuries etc. and is playing well but doesn't dominate quite the way I would expect if he was serious squad player. Maybe just a timing thing.

Adrian Steele - one of the younger players. I really like the look of him albeit probably not his best game today there was enough to be encouraged. Looked a little one paced after 30 mins or so but he had been clattered a few times. Intelligent and confident looking player with an eye for a pass.

McGregor again looks a notch above the rest and I am surprised we don't hear his name bandied around as much as Woods etc. Not suggesting he is ready now but seems to me to be one of our better/capable players and more consistent than most. His shooting was unusually poor today.

Malachi Boateng - I understand he is well favoured and is I think only 17 or 18 and learning his trade still and still searching for consistency I think.

Lot of talent not available for this game and they deserved at least a point but have to start learning the lessons they are taking I think.

Enjoyed it.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:29 PM

palace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Hungbo has nine goals in nine for Watford u23s. Iím not the most dedicated palace youth team follower, but I knew this guy looked promising. Why did he leave? Our decision or his?
was told today he is back at palace also no sign of shaw derry running the game
Old 21-10-2019, 05:57 PM

Keith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKeith Powell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace64 View Post
was told today he is back at palace also no sign of shaw derry running the game
2nd game running Derry has been in charge.
Old 21-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Cant see the name Hungbo without thinking of Blazing Saddles...