Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:39 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
Alan Lee for one, and yet the moronic element of our fan base held him up as some sort of hero.
He even claimed in an interview for The Athletic last week the elbow against Mile wasn't intentional.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:41 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Back to YB, great player on his day for us but he thought the grass was greener and went through agent after agent to get a better deal elsewhere.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:49 AM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Back to YB, great player on his day for us but he thought the grass was greener and went through agent after agent to get a better deal elsewhere.
  • Low paid by Palace for most of his career.
  • Carried our entire attack for long spells while earning less than most of his team mates.
  • Saw journeymen like Sako & Mutch come in and get paid more than him for doing no work.
  • Eventually got a move and a pay day for the last few years of his carrier.
  • Probably has a huge extended family to support off his income in these years.

Last edited by cockles; 02-09-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:53 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Thing is you can't really blame him for wanting to up his money and go to a bigger club when the opportunity materialised.

He moved when he was 27 so probably last chance of a major move.

Reportedly he was on not great money when he was with us so by moving he obtained great financial security in doing so.

No guarantees for players how long their careers will last for and a career changing injury can strike at any time.

As it turned out we got a good price for him before his bad injury.

Last edited by SussexRed&Blue; 02-09-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:56 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Thought I saw him in an Arsenal shirt yesterday, when the ball was in the corner and he was trying to dance past a defender. HE has similar characteristics to Pepe.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:05 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Yannick worked hard to improve his game, but Palace rescued him from obscurity, supported his failings and gave him new contract after new contract before facilitating a move to make him even more money.

He showed no respect to Palace or the fans in his departure and has shown no respect to Everton who continue to pay him millions despite no return.

I supported him as a player through thick and thin, but at some point |he thought he was far better than he is and bigger than the club. The truth is he has turned into an overpaid over-privileged prick. I find the come home tweets embarrassing, he couldn't cut it in the championship and would be a disastrous signing.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:07 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Thought I saw him in an Arsenal shirt yesterday, when the ball was in the corner and he was trying to dance past a defender. HE has similar characteristics to Pepe.
He HAD similar qualities, apart from not being able to consistently score or assist

He was great for us in parts, particularly the timing of his depature
Old 02-09-2019, 09:15 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Yannick worked hard to improve his game, but Palace rescued him from obscurity, supported his failings and gave him new contract after new contract before facilitating a move to make him even more money.

He showed no respect to Palace or the fans in his departure and has shown no respect to Everton who continue to pay him millions despite no return.

I supported him as a player through thick and thin, but at some point |he thought he was far better than he is and bigger than the club. The truth is he has turned into an overpaid over-privileged prick. I find the come home tweets embarrassing, he couldn't cut it in the championship and would be a disastrous signing.
All fair comment. I think he'd still be welcome at Palace anytime he is back.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:26 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
All fair comment. I think he'd still be welcome at Palace anytime he is back.
Wouldn't ft in now but watching him and Wilf was great fun
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 02-09-2019, 09:37 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Loved Yannick at Palace, especially in the first few seasons, but sounds to me like he's disrespected the club that paid a fortune for him, then stood by him when he suffered a terrible injury. All a bit shabby really, and reminds me of his last 6 months at Palace. So many of those games seemed disinterested and playing like he was doing everyone a favour. Face it, he couldn't wait to get out. All the 'come home' tweets from Palace fans are a bit cringworthy frankly.
By stood by him I assume you mean continued to pay his wages as they were contractually obliged to do so?

Not sure what else they could do really. I never understand why people say this about an injured player. I could understand if they came to the end of their contract and the club continued to treat them or gave them another deal but this obviously wasn't the case.

This doesn't mean of course he should have disrespected them in any way but then as we know he has always been a bit partial to that one...
Old 02-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
  • Low paid by Palace for most of his career.
  • Carried our entire attack for long spells while earning less than most of his team mates.
  • Saw journeymen like Sako & Mutch come in and get paid more than him for doing no work.
  • Eventually got a move and a pay day for the last few years of his carrier.
  • Probably has a huge extended family to support off his income in these years.
"Low paid" I'm not sure what you constitute low paid, but he came with a reputation of being raw whilst offering plenty of endeavor with little end product. Both player and club grew together.

At times he was an enigma, at times he was frustrating, at times he was anonymous and at times he was unplayable. He was what I would regard a classic Palace winger, powerful, pacy and direct.

Sako certainly wasn't a journeyman when he signed. We took a punt on a player with no PL experience paid him 50k-60k a week (coupled with the signing on fee) and that is where many of our regulars then pushed for better deals. From memory even Yala described Sako as a "fraud" and was absolutely spot on
Sako joining changed the emphasis and suddenly the big wages entered the fray. I don't dispute someone wanting to earn more money, but Yala went through 4 agents in his last 3 years with us and thought the grass was greener.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:04 AM

Location: Village of Shepherdswell, which is between Dover and Canterbury.
pots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I loved Yala at Palace and it really was an odd decision to sell him at the time, I say this because he fitted perfectly with Pardews vision of playing with maverick footballers, what really annoys me is that his transfer fee paid for Benteke the total antitheses of a maverick, I know there isn't a football club that hasn't made a bad decision, but this was a decision we must all regret surely. I really hated the way he left us, not once acknowledging the fans in his final game and so I am not really fussed about him now.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pots1970 View Post
I really hated the way he left us, not once acknowledging the fans in his final game and so I am not really fussed about him now.
Seeing those two leave together was saying goodbye to the nucleus of a team that had served us so well for many years. Completely different players in there own right, but they both understood what the the club was about.
Yala's form in the final season was poor, and for me I think his head was turned as soon as he thought Spurs were interested. His performance in the cup final, was one of the biggest disappointments for me.

Pards claimed Yala was not committed against West Brom in his final game, but people forget this was days after YB's dad had passed away, and that was really poor from Pards. If you have an issue keep it behind closed doors.
Finnigan the agent Yala dumped is also a bad egg, and made some ill advised comments.
Anyway, wish him well for the remainder of his career.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:33 AM

Location: Penge and now it's got slightly trendy I tell people I live in Penge.
Justy C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Surprised by some of the negativity from Palace fans towards him. It wasn't a shock when he left as when he signed his new contract with us the season before, Pardew said he would leave before the end of that new contract ie he was going to be sold.

He was entertaining, he scored goals, he created chances, he worked hard and that shoulder barge against Bruno is a highlight for me. Signed for 300,000, sold for a very decent 30 million.

I don't get the grudge against him and wish him well for the future.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:55 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Yeah whatever happens there's always that Bruno GIF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 02-09-2019, 06:00 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy C View Post
Surprised by some of the negativity from Palace fans towards him. It wasn't a shock when he left as when he signed his new contract with us the season before, Pardew said he would leave before the end of that new contract ie he was going to be sold.

He was entertaining, he scored goals, he created chances, he worked hard and that shoulder barge against Bruno is a highlight for me. Signed for 300,000, sold for a very decent 30 million.

Spot on.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:09 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
I still believe in Yannick. Would do fine as a third choice winger. Got good reviews at Anderlecht last season and they aren't so terrible.

People very quick to write players off because they just want them to fail. Just do not understand the negativity towards him on here. Watching him and Wilf on opposite flanks was one of the highlights of my 25+ years of watching Palace. Hope he gets a move somewhere and does well for himself.

Same posters on here writing off Yannick but expecting Connor Wickham to do a job for us.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:13 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy C View Post

Yep
Old 02-09-2019, 06:17 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Bolasie's farewell to the Palace crowd in comparison to Jedinak's spoke volumes.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
Alan Lee for one, and yet the moronic element of our fan base held him up as some sort of hero.
Scored one of the most important goals in our history.