Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 03-03-2018, 07:51 PM

Good Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGood Shipp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Evelyn Thomas - High Energy
Old 03-03-2018, 07:51 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Walking On Sunshine - Rockers Revenge
19 - Paul Hardcastle
Stop The Cavalrey

I would be tempted to add Down Under by Men at Work but can remember another track - Who Can It Be Now - not sure it was a hit in The UK, though.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:54 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
19 - Paul Hardcastle
Stop The Cavalrey

I would be tempted to add Down Under by Men at Work but can remember another track - Who Can It Be Now - not sure it was a hit in The UK, though.
Jona Lewie's first hit was 'Kitchen at Parties'

Last edited by Am Phibian; 03-03-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Hooray For Boobies

#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet#mp3_zone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was thinking this but according to wikipedia they had some others, never heard anything else though.

? and the Mysterians - 96 Tears

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
19 - Paul Hardcastle
Stop The Cavalrey

Hardcastle had some other hits, including The Wizard which was the TOTP theme tune for awhile
Men At Work went Top 30 with Overkill
Old 03-03-2018, 08:04 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
Most of the above had many hits
Old 03-03-2018, 08:04 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Sleeping Satellite - Tamsin Archer. Fantastic

Hear'say - Pure and Simple w@nk.
Good shout on Tamsin archer

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 03-03-2018, 08:05 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
19 - Paul Hardcastle
Stop The Cavalrey

Jona Lomu also had a hit with You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:07 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
How about The Rubinoos / I Think we're Alone Now? Does that count? They still tour.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:09 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
How about The Rubinoos / I Think we're Alone Now? Does that count? They still tour.
Phew, at first I read The Rubettes which would have been an automatic disqualification
Old 03-03-2018, 08:10 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes, definitely, a good call.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
The Waitresses / I Know What Boys Like? Not entirely sure it was a hit, but pretty sure the didn't have any others.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Samantha Sang. Emotion.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:22 PM
Middle class left.

Holly and the Italians / Tell that Girl to Shut Up?
I am on a roll.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:24 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Come Into My Life - Joyce Syms
Somebody Elses Guy - Jocelyn Brown
Encore - Cheryl Lynn
Old 03-03-2018, 08:25 PM

Wicked Game / Chris Isaac?
Old 03-03-2018, 08:27 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Waitresses / I Know What Boys Like? Not entirely sure it was a hit, but pretty sure the didn't have any others.

What about Christmas Wrapping? I think it dented the top 40 but it is played a lot on mainstream radio every year. I am certain it is the only song of theirs most people would know.

Last edited by Smoz; 03-03-2018 at 08:31 PM. Reason: There/their
Old 03-03-2018, 08:28 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
A pretty poor song but a one hit wonder Oh Lori by the Alessi Brothers.
Also, You're Moving Out Today by Carole Bayer Sager and Telephone Man by Meri Wilson, not to be confused with Mari Wilson.

But much better than any of the above the sublime Chuckees In Love by Rickie Lee Jones
Old 03-03-2018, 08:29 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Love Like Blood - Killing Joke
Old 03-03-2018, 08:31 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Come Into My Life - Joyce Syms
Somebody Elses Guy - Jocelyn Brown
Encore - Cheryl Lynn
Not one hit wonders