Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 11-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I put CR and Elgin on ignore (first time since joining I'd ever felt the need to) in the second half of 2017, as the endless stream of abuse was tedious and in replying to it I was just making the BBS shitter for everyone.

It's been great. Instantly nicer BBS. So if anyone finds my posts similarly tiresome I'd definitely encourage muting me also. Though if you do feel that way, apologies, I'm only shooting the breeze on here, it's never meant to be personal.
Nice sentiment, hope to see it put into practice.

But Elgin? Really?
He was unconventional for sure, but I always found him one of the most interesting posters on here.
I never saw him being abusive, except when heavily provoked ...and it seemed he was provoked a lot.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:23 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
I’m gonna give it a go and for the first time ever put posters on ignore. Heb and Raggy.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Really insightful discussion about Venezuela here, if anyone is interested...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Americans talking between themselves to justify their own views

I think you're better off listening to Venezuelans. But you might not like what you hear

Old 11-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
I never saw him being abusive, except when heavily provoked ...and it seemed he was provoked a lot.
Why do you think he was banned?

Personally I hope he returns - he’s a beer buddy - but to say he was never abusive except when heavily provoked is complete nonsense. There seems to be quite a lot that you “never see”.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
I’m gonna give it a go and for the first time ever put posters on ignore. Heb and Raggy.
Quoting this so Heb can see it .

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Quoting this so Heb can see it .
I'm indifferent honestly, but I hope it makes the BBS better for him and more importantly for everyone else.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:47 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
This message is hidden because Heb 7:4 is on your ignore list.
Best post by Heb I think I’ve seen
Old 11-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Best post by Heb I think I’ve seen
The ignoring is going well, I see

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 12-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Americans talking between themselves to justify their own views

I think you're better off listening to Venezuelans. But you might not like what you hear

I am not convinced the two were contradictory from what I saw.

Yes there is poverty in Venezuela. yes there are opposing factions, yes the situation has worsened.

Your link confirmed how heavily dependent the Venezuelan economy is on Oil. This tallied closely with the claim that American sanctions and economic pressure were able to have a devastating effect, particularly when USA's ally Saudia Arabia lowered prices.

..and Yes the government since Chavez has been fundamentally anti neo-liberal, and was/is actually opposed by many moderates and centre left. It's a similar pattern we see world-wide.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Old 18-02-2019, 06:09 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I have just seen Eliot Abrams is the guy appointed to oversee Venezualan affairs. As if it wasn’t bad enough, they can now look forward to entire villages being massacred in terror campaigns along with exterminations of indigenous peoples. I’m sure other Latin Americans will assure Venezuelans they’ve got the right the right guy in to oversee democracy.
Old 18-02-2019, 06:30 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Why do you think he was banned?

Personally I hope he returns - he’s a beer buddy - but to say he was never abusive except when heavily provoked is complete nonsense. There seems to be quite a lot that you “never see”.
I totally believe that he was unneccessarily abusive to a level that was unaccpetable.

However I genuinely never saw that.
Old 18-02-2019, 06:33 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Can you actually ignore someone that is ignoring you?
Old 18-02-2019, 06:59 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yes there is poverty in Venezuela. yes there are opposing factions, yes the situation has worsened.

Your link confirmed how heavily dependent the Venezuelan economy is on Oil. This tallied closely with the claim that American sanctions and economic pressure were able to have a devastating effect, particularly when USA's ally Saudia Arabia lowered prices.

..and Yes the government since Chavez has been fundamentally anti neo-liberal, and was/is actually opposed by many moderates and centre left. It's a similar pattern we see world-wide.

I don't understand how Venezuela can be so spectacularly poor given its vast natural resource wealth unless the corruption is off the scale.

I was there in the 90s but apparently in the 70s it was one of the richest countries in the world
Old 18-02-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:

What American sanctions?
Old 18-02-2019, 07:07 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Really insightful discussion about Venezuela here, if anyone is interested...

I watched 5 minutes and had to stop because the women is clearly clueless. Every productive measure you can think of has collapsed because the governement expropriated private businesses and ran them into the ground. The notion that the downturn in Venezuela is some US conspiracy is as credible as flat earth theory.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:42 PM

steeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Long live the revolution !!

Its all gone quiet over there!
Old 02-05-2019, 04:32 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
What American sanctions?

Werner Herzog
Old 22-05-2019, 05:47 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I don't understand how Venezuela can be so spectacularly poor given its vast natural resource wealth unless the corruption is off the scale.

I was there in the 90s but apparently in the 70s it was one of the richest countries in the world
I suspect that level of disparity will be eclipsed in Guyana with the oil reserves there.
Old 22-05-2019, 06:52 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Aren't Guyana forecast to have the highest rising growth in the world over the next decade? I'm told Angola has similar inequality issues over oil wealth.
Old 22-05-2019, 09:35 AM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
I watched 5 minutes and had to stop because the women is clearly clueless. Every productive measure you can think of has collapsed because the governement expropriated private businesses and ran them into the ground. The notion that the downturn in Venezuela is some US conspiracy is as credible as flat earth theory.
Thats not fair.

They have run the state owned oil company PDVSA into the ground as well. That incompetence has ****ed the country 10x more than what US sanctions could ever do.