Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 02-09-2019, 01:10 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksf View Post
It's NEVER the fault of Brexit, always the EU/Remainers.
It's what thick people always do, blame someone else rather than look at themselves. So much easier.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:27 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
This merits a just giving page. We helped that Seanpalace84 out with his rented accommodation last year, surely we can collectively rustle up enough for Gonzo's sweet potatoes?
#prayforgonzo
Old 02-09-2019, 01:42 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
If you read my post further up the page, i have said the underlying issue will be Brexit but that does not mean it in itself is the cause. Human behaviour may be a bigger contributory factor.

That is why i pose the question as to which if any shortages, product by product would happen regardless of human behaviour? With a lot of foods they shouldn't be in short supply, but if people panic buy, they may well become scarce.
Brexit is almost totally because of human behaviour.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Wanker.
There's only 2 kinds, there's only wankers and liars.

Anyway not very inventive was it.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:57 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Panic buying is usually a self fulfilling prophecy. As soon as a tipping point of people do it, shelves start to look empty, more people panic buy and shortages start.

The underlying reason will be concerns about Brexit of course. I think it is a reasonable question to ask as to whether there will be shortages because of Brexit regardless or if Brexit induced panic buying will create them.

That of course may depend product by product.
The 1974 sugar shortage had a genuine supply issue at its source, but was hugely exacerbated by panic buying. I can remember my old man smashing up sugar cubes with a hammer for our cornflakes.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:00 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I remember the bakery strikes of the 70s when pensioners were queuing for bread. Still given the bigotry on the BBS against the elderly these days there will be some happy if pensioners suffer.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:05 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I remember the bakery strikes of the 70s when pensioners were queuing for bread. Still given the bigotry on the BBS against the elderly these days there will be some happy if pensioners suffer.
And the power cuts that resulted in a candle shortage. It was all quite fun if you were a nipper.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:06 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The head of Jeremy Corbin
Old 02-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not “happy”. I will just apply the same level of concern to their struggles that they have applied to the future of today’s youth. i.e. none.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:10 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
And the power cuts that resulted in a candle shortage. It was all quite fun if you were a nipper.
I recall the telly being switched off early. The dustman's strike of 1970 or 71 was better with all the trash piling up in the streets.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:36 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
It would be great if only those who voted for brexit would suffer from it but I don't think that'll be the case.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Id be more concerned about the shortage of flu vaccine
Old 02-09-2019, 06:00 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
If they voted for Brexit, they deserve no less.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-09-2019, 06:09 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
If they voted for Brexit, they deserve no less.

People were lied to.
I see it as almost victim blaming.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:12 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
People were lied to.
I see it as almost victim blaming.
Sadly, I don't think that defence can be applied widely.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:17 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Sadly, I don't think that defence can be applied widely.
I think the majority now regret their decision... just a hunch AND they were lied to.

Even the politicians that lied, have admitted lying... I'm not going to wish harm on people that have been manipulated.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
It would be great if only those who voted for brexit would suffer from it but I don't think that'll be the case.
^^^^ this.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:23 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Where did everybody else get their bread?

Cricket wanker.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:24 PM

A lot of Brexit voters in the provinces have already suffered. They lost their pensions after the tax raids in the late 90s, had their jobs outsourced from the public sector in the 2000s, then suffered in the depression of 2008 and finally bore the brunt of austerity.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:25 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Do you not have a degree of sympathy for those that voted Leave?
I think they've been taken for granted by one side and manipulated by the other.

The bullshitting politicians must love leave/remain peeps blaming each other.