Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-02-2019, 11:49 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peter Frampton

News from the underworld - The New York Times says that Bromley Tech alumnus PF has a degenerative muscle disease which will affect his ability to play the guitar. So his forthcoming tour is likely his last.
Old 25-02-2019, 12:10 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I see he is only 68 (I thought he was going to be older).

Sad news.

I always thought it a rare oddity that as a solo artist his first big hit was a live album, which in many ways was not followed up with such success.

(Disclaimer: I'm not that up on this sort of stuff! - obviously)
Old 25-02-2019, 12:23 AM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I see he is only 68 (I thought he was going to be older).

Sad news.

I always thought it a rare oddity that as a solo artist his first big hit was a live album, which in many ways was not followed up with such success.

(Disclaimer: I'm not that up on this sort of stuff! - obviously)
He was one (possibly two) school years ahead of me so am not surprised at his age.The Herd were always playing Bromley/Beckenham/West wickham in my yoof. I guess he was smart to identify “stadium rock” as the way to go especially as he had the image for it.
Old 25-02-2019, 12:47 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Loking at Wikipedia, I see his first band was called "The Little Ravens". Great name for a Bromley band.
Old 25-02-2019, 03:25 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sad news

A long, long, long time ago I was a DJ and Humble Pie played at the club I was at. Also, I went to school with Jerry Shirley. He was the drummer with Apostolic Intervention before joining Humble Pie.
Old 25-02-2019, 09:25 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow Humble Pie, now that brings back some wonderful memories, i loved their very special rock sound. They were TRUE musicians in those days.
Old 25-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
Sad news

A long, long, long time ago I was a DJ and Humble Pie played at the club I was at. Also, I went to school with Jerry Shirley. He was the drummer with Apostolic Intervention before joining Humble Pie.
I used to know his brother Angus, I'm not sure if he's still alive though..
Old 25-02-2019, 11:19 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Didnt all his teeth fall out due to over use of that vocal tube he used?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 25-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Wow Humble Pie, now that brings back some wonderful memories, i loved their very special rock sound. They were TRUE musicians in those days.
Natural born boogie a great track!
Old 25-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I used to know his brother Angus, I'm not sure if he's still alive though..
He was lead guitar with Apostolic Intervention. Not sure what happened to him.

Here's an interesting link I found:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-02-2019, 06:35 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Natural born boogie a great track!
Yes they made some great music, they were also a great club band which we had in those days. Ahhhhhh the good old days.
Old 25-02-2019, 07:53 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Loking at Wikipedia, I see his first band was called "The Little Ravens". Great name for a Bromley band.
For someone slightly younger was Bromley Tech later Ravensbourne or Ravenswood?
Old 25-02-2019, 08:06 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
For someone slightly younger was Bromley Tech later Ravensbourne or Ravenswood?
Ravenswood.

Ravensbourne is the old Bromley Grammar School for Boys on Hayes Lane.
Old 26-02-2019, 12:01 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
"Frampton shows the way" had been scratched into my desk top at school.

Of course it is one of the greatest double live rock albums ever produced.
Old 26-02-2019, 02:07 AM

Looks like Frampton’s Dad Owen taught David Bowie at Bromley Tech.
Old 26-02-2019, 02:21 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
He did. He was also my art teacher. He smoked during lessons, imagine that now?

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 27-02-2019, 01:28 AM

Wow, that was pretty liberal even for the sixties. I was down the road at Bromley Grammar and not even the art master would have gotten away with smoking.
But then again - maybe that’s why Bromley Tech produced all the rock stars....

Last edited by StonePenge; 27-02-2019 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Brainwave
Old 03-03-2019, 11:03 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
He did. He was also my art teacher. He smoked during lessons, imagine that now?
Me too.

He didn't smoke in class then, but IIRC Mr Fogg had a pipe on the go at all times.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:30 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Mr Dale, the maths teacher smoked in class too.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 16-03-2019, 01:04 AM

Just in case you want to rub shoulders with him at the breakfast buffet...
To view the link you have to Register or Login