Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 01-04-2019, 09:24 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Can't we just call them 'Guest Workers'?
Old 02-04-2019, 07:35 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Have they not sorted this out before now? If your Nan is in a council-run care home and possibly receiving some sort of benefits, then I would have thought she’s already had to prove her entitlement to qualify for this. So she might have done more about her status here than you know?

A quick read of the Govt sites suggests it’s comparatively straightforward to apply for Settled Status given how long your mum has been here.
That may be so but its not going to stop the quivering BBS communistic massive from missing an opportunity for a jolly good wailing. I love the way they contrive to wind each other up.

Its so unfair...……….
Old 02-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Just give them a British passport.
If she's been here that long she could easily get one, why give, in the overall scheme of things they are as cheap as chips. Its not down to me to pay for it. Remember you may be talking about several million people.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-04-2019, 07:59 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Have they been refused one?

I know someone who has indefinite leave to remain, they could get a British Passport but haven't bothered. That should not be free though, it should be the same price as for anyone applying for a British Passport.
You're all f*cking heart.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:29 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Director of Research at Ofsted refused settled status

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 AM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Can't we just call them 'Guest Workers'?
unfortunately it has negative undertones in some countries (Russia..at least).... but maybe you knew that!
Old 09-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Director of Research at Ofsted refused settled status

To view the link you have to Register or Login
He's an "expert". The likes of Gove have a problem with "experts", especially those who didn't go to the right school.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:25 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
unfortunately it has negative undertones in some countries (Russia..at least).... but maybe you knew that!
Er, yes. I was joking, though nothing would surprise me.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:36 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post

What a mean-spirited, intolerant and nasty country we are becoming...
Totally this, it's really true and very sad. I have heard countless times from people who have lived in the UK for many years that are seriously considering leaving because they no longer feel welcome... Good I hear half the nation say.

If it wasn't for my aging and ill parents I wouldn't be here either, I don't want to live here anymore I much prefer mainland Europe and Europeans. This country is toxic and in my opinion ****ed and we've bought it upon ourselves. Makes me genuinely sad.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Dr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Totally this, it's really true and very sad. I have heard countless times from people who have lived in the UK for many years that are seriously considering leaving because they no longer feel welcome... Good I hear half the nation say.

If it wasn't for my aging and ill parents I wouldn't be here either, I don't want to live here anymore I much prefer mainland Europe and Europeans. This country is toxic and in my opinion ****ed and we've bought it upon ourselves. Makes me genuinely sad.

Was feeling very much like this but after going on the march I have revised my view. So many decent people including many elderly showing that Britain still has a kind, tolerant side. Met a very elderly couple who had stood all the way from Basingstoke. Horrified by the zenephobia anTo view the link you have to Register or Logind frank racism of many of their contemporaries. The good hearted people are out there , they just don’t make the noise that the leave brigade do. Of course empty vessels have always made the most noise.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:05 PM
The Bringer of Joy

The Leavers were there before the referendum. They've always been there. Irresponsible politicians and media have empowered people to openly express views they've always had, but that they didn't have the confidence to share. A guy I thought I knew, who had never uttered a word I could find offensive, shocked me to the core when, unprompted, he said 'I hate Pakis. Do you hate Pakis?' It's out there, and it's f*cking ugly.

Last edited by Stellavista; 11-04-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old 24-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post

When I queried this, saying that she had been granted permanent right to remain over 30 years ago, the nice Lewisham lady's response was - and I quote - "well, I wouldn't bank on that having any value these days - just look at the Windrush fiasco".

What a stupid woman to have on this desk completely unable to do her job and too lazy or too thick to look up or understand that indefinite leave to remain has about as much to do with the EU as father Christmas does !

I actually think that this says more about Lewisham council's inability to set up something fit for purpose.

Indefinite leave to remain has nothing to do with Brexit or the EU this is given out to people who have the right to remain indefinitely in the UK my pal is a yank and he has indefinite leave to remain.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 25-04-2019, 07:29 AM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:

I am in the same position. Would much prefer to live in mainland Europe because the UK has become so intolerant and toxic, but having ageing parents prevents me doing so.

I am however concerned with the climate my kids are growing up in. My wife gets her hair done by one of the other mothers at school. I always suspected her husband was a bit of a thick twat, but she said to my wife when she was having her hair done that her husband was waiting til he could get a blue passport before he renewed. 'Here we go' she thought.

It was like her tester to check my wife's reaction as she then probed further with the usual right wing / fascist bullshit e.g. how the NHS has become the International health service etc and taxpayers money wasted on people who don't pay in. Incidentally, her fat twat of a husband inherited his maintenance job from his dad and has never really done a days work in his life but still somehow thinks he is superior (especially to furriners) and a hard working taxpayer.

Needless to say she wont be getting her hair done by her again, but I really dont want my kids to go around to their house either and possibly overhear this toxic intolerant crap.
Old 25-04-2019, 07:43 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Why is having to apply for a formality a problem? I always assume i will be granted my passport. I always have to apply for one.
Old 25-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
……………………..

……………….., her fat twat of a husband inherited his maintenance job from his dad and has never really done a days work in his life but still somehow thinks he is superior (especially to furriners) and a hard working taxpayer.

………………....
How the middles classes despise the workers, very informative.
Old 25-04-2019, 07:47 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
How would you know what the middle classes think or come to that, 'the workers'?
Old 25-04-2019, 07:52 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:

I don't think they should feel any more or less welcome in truth. I spend a great deal of time in Italy (may even live there one day) there are plenty of people with right wing views there also. Equally it's possible to believe in a visa based immigration set up decided by your own government. Without having any level of prejudice or dislike for immigrants. They might have it wrong on a basic economic and social level (I honestly don't know) however I don't think it's always straight forward to suggest believing something is potentially beneficial going forward is the same as saying "oi you foreign scum, get out".

I know plenty of foreign immigrants (both first and second generation) that share the view that it would be of benefit to have more control over immigration for example.
Old 25-04-2019, 07:52 AM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
On the contrary, I hold 'workers' in the highest regard and have always voted accordingly. I despise bigotry, intolerance, idle nepotism, selfishness, inequality oh and right wing / fascist twats who made the UK the laughing stock of the world to get a blue passport
Old 25-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
On the contrary, I hold 'workers' in the highest regard and have always voted accordingly. I despise bigotry, intolerance, idle nepotism, selfishness, inequality oh and right wing / fascist twats who made the UK the laughing stock of the world to get a blue passport
The only thing that makes us a laughing stock is the fact we are making such a pigs ear of a decision that in the long term will barely mean anything. I think the EU membership is almost of no consequence whatsoever in the long term. It neither represents a liberal openness nor does leaving it indicate a closed minded bigotry. The economics of it in the long term will be ignorable if we don't do too much damage deciding.

I find it interesting that supporting scottish independence and a desire for more devolved power is not seen as close minded bigotry. Yet the same decision for Britain is framed lazily as a right wing decision. The immigration part of the debate has received too much focus.