Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 25-04-2019, 01:06 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
A point hastily corrected?
Old 25-04-2019, 02:49 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
You have a point.
Old 25-04-2019, 04:44 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I used to think government departments were government departments. On the whole they seemed to be large, obviously bureaucratic, but staffed in the main by people who want to do a good job and recognise they are paid by the tax payer.

Even the inland revenue who I have had most to deal with do try to be fair and (not in busy times) are easy to speak with, even one time giveing me pre-clearance on ER which was particularly helpful.

But then there is the Home Office, unless you have dealt with these people you simply don't realise how anti-human being they are, arbitary decisons, impossible to communicate and they start from the position that everyone is lieing. Not only that the fees run into thousands and thousands of pounds, whether your application is approved or not.

I genuinely do not recognise them as a 'British' government department. Spanish under Franco would be the era and effeciency I would categorise them as, and Swiss in terms of cost.
It is the result of Theresa May's hostile environment policy. Also affected are thousands of students who have been arbitrarily accused of cheating in English language exams, prevented from studying and working and in some cases being deported.
Old 25-04-2019, 06:03 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
It is the result of Theresa May's hostile environment policy. Also affected are thousands of students who have been arbitrarily accused of cheating in English language exams, prevented from studying and working and in some cases being deported.
The door was left ajar for May's truly horrific position as Home Secretary by the proliferation of bogus language schools that sprouted up under Blair and Brown's watches.
Old 25-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Does May hate foreigners or is she playing to a gallery of her own imagining?
Old 25-04-2019, 06:42 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
I would say the problem predates May but there is no doubt she made it far, far worse
Old 25-04-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Does May hate foreigners or is she playing to a gallery of her own imagining?
I oft wondered this, but have come to the conclusion she dislikes human beings, particularly foreign ones
Old 25-04-2019, 07:09 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
In or out of the EU, with or without free movement the current levels of inward migration to Britain will grow and remain high for the foreseeable future. This is for the simple reason that large numbers of people want to come to live and work in Britain. We already know that the government has recently set a target of increasing the number of full fee paying students by 140,000. We have already seen some slackening of skilled visa requirements and the lobbying from big business vested interests will only grow louder. In addition, the next PM won't be as horrid as the blunderer. Oh and don't forget we have the ability to boost the economy in bad times as we are not suffocated by ECB brutalism. The English people should be pleased that so many people want to live in their country rather than elsewhere in the EU. So free movement should be kept. Now all we need to do is build a few million more homes and spread jobs and investment round the country. To convince people that is the best option we should aim to slash rents for the low paid and increase wages.
Old 25-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
And it is something that successive governments have had the powers to address, but have chosen not to.
Its only become a big thing lately, certainly when I look at the cup wavers I know most them are professional beggars not rough sleepers. For one thing there's far too many for numbers to stack up. They don't seem to get moved on anymore, its been part of the culture in many other countries it seems to be starting here too.

People often comment they give them food, look at their face for the disappointment, I learned that one a long time ago.

Not many are what they are presenting themselves to be.
Old 25-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Its only become a big thing lately, certainly when I look at the cup wavers I know most them are professional beggars not rough sleepers. For one thing there's far too many for numbers to stack up. They don't seem to get moved on anymore, its been part of the culture in many other countries it seems to be starting here too.

People often comment they give them food, look at their face for the disappointment, I learned that one a long time ago.

Meanwhile, here is some good news about tackling the problem of "cup wavers";

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-04-2019, 07:46 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Meanwhile, here is some good news about tackling the problem of "cup wavers";

They are not things that are in any way linked of course. Even so I don't disagree with any of that, the worse being the winter fuel payment. That's clearly way before the bills come in, its obvious its an xmas present. That's what mine gets used for, its just a bribe. The problem with these things is that no one can remember who bribed them but they will for sure know if anyone took it away.

Anyway people are living longer now that the killer jobs have largely disappeared and the environment is far cleaner so inevitably the retirement age will increase to suit. Job done.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:19 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:

Where i live we have a group of romanian gypsies that hang out in a group of about 15-20 who beg in a staggered formation all the way from chancery lane up to new oxford street. As i understand it there was a period where we tried to deport EU nationals that came to be beggers but they managed to succesfully challenge deportation. With that group, the drug users, the mentally ill. As well as a whole load of other foreign nationals begging and living on the streets in the area. The place is like an open sewer with p'ssing and sh'tting in the side streets perfectly common.

Something needs to be done about the issue it is increasing. The foreign ones need to be deported (60% of london's homeless are foreign nationals) and the locals need the help they clearly are in dire need of from public money/services. To suggest this is racism or xenophobia is nonsense. It's based on a desire for areas where kids and families are living not to turn into toilets with open drug use, defecating, intimidation and street crime (my car has had the window smashed twice) the norm.

I had to leave work for a two hours as my son had returned from school to a poor person asleep in our doorway and he was too frightened to step over them to get in. Once i had got the police to move her on it became apparent that she had wet herself and the whole hall way reeked. Now it is of course tragedy and but for the grace of god. That could be me, however it's not in my opinion a problem we should accept. It needs sorting by the councils, government and if that requires a reduction in numbers through deportations. So be it (I have had correspondence with Keir Starmer, our mp on the subject).

Interestingly the most scathing opinion i have heard for the romanian contingent living and earning their living from begging, came from my Romanian friend. He was of the view that they have damaged the reputation of hard working immigrants like him and should be sent home.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:22 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Which they can be, under powers we have, without having to leave the EU.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:49 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Which they can be, under powers we have, without having to leave the EU.

I think they stopped after this.
Old 26-04-2019, 09:04 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post

I think they stopped after this.
The key is that you can't deport them if they are working or have permanent right of residence. If they're just begging they could have been deported. The UK could have implemented an immigrant registration policy (as there is in Brussels). But it hasn't.
Old 26-04-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
The key is that you can't deport them if they are working or have permanent right of residence. If they're just begging they could have been deported. The UK could have implemented an immigrant registration policy (as there is in Brussels). But it hasn't.
Maybe so but they definitely stopped pursuing it as a means of keeping down the numbers of foreign homeless on the streets around this time. Like all things EU and Brexit you are most probably correct and the ineptitude of our own politicians and government departments is the fundamental issue.
Old 26-04-2019, 10:04 AM

If Romanian beggars really is at the top of the list as one of your concerns, then it is a domestic policy issue. However those elites with vested interests have been manipulating the weak of mind snowflakes to direct their anger towards the EU (c) Skintofbrain.
Old 26-04-2019, 10:11 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Where i live we have a group of romanian gypsies that hang out in a group of about 15-20 who beg in a staggered formation all the way from chancery lane up to new oxford street. As i understand it there was a period where we tried to deport EU nationals that came to be beggers but they managed to succesfully challenge deportation. With that group, the drug users, the mentally ill. As well as a whole load of other foreign nationals begging and living on the streets in the area. The place is like an open sewer with p'ssing and sh'tting in the side streets perfectly common.

Something needs to be done about the issue it is increasing. The foreign ones need to be deported (60% of london's homeless are foreign nationals) and the locals need the help they clearly are in dire need of from public money/services. To suggest this is racism or xenophobia is nonsense. It's based on a desire for areas where kids and families are living not to turn into toilets with open drug use, defecating, intimidation and street crime (my car has had the window smashed twice) the norm.

I had to leave work for a two hours as my son had returned from school to a poor person asleep in our doorway and he was too frightened to step over them to get in. Once i had got the police to move her on it became apparent that she had wet herself and the whole hall way reeked. Now it is of course tragedy and but for the grace of god. That could be me, however it's not in my opinion a problem we should accept. It needs sorting by the councils, government and if that requires a reduction in numbers through deportations. So be it (I have had corresponse with Keir Starmer, our mp on the subject).

Interestingly the most scathing opinion i have heard for the romanian contingent living and earning their living from begging, came from my Romanian friend. He was of the view that they have damaged the reputation of hard working immigrants like him and should be sent home.

That sounds fukkin awful.
Old 26-04-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
If Romanian beggars really is at the top of the list as one of your concerns, then it is a domestic policy issue. However those elites with vested interests have been manipulating the weak of mind snowflakes to direct their anger towards the EU (c) Skintofbrain.
Just homelessness in general to be honest. It's one social problem that negatively affects my everyday life (and it's a hideous problem for a city with such wealth in it). I didn't vote to leave for the record. I do think that the EU has had it's part to play in the London's homeless problem. It stands to reason really because clearly deportation for not having a job is a tricky area to apply within the union. As Europe has a policy of free movement.. perhaps it should be a problem funded and resolved with funds from the EU. I am sure london isn't the only big city with a high percentage of foreign homelessness.
Old 26-04-2019, 11:20 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Anyway people are living longer now that the killer jobs have largely disappeared and the environment is far cleaner so inevitably the retirement age will increase to suit. Job done.
They are living longer at the moment. Life-expectancy has plateaued though and my understanding is the expectation from the experts is that any movement is more likely to be a drop than for it to continue rising in the short- medium term.