Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-04-2019, 10:43 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
The end of section 21 evictions

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Might upset a few budding Rachmans but who gives a shit.
Old 15-04-2019, 11:19 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I've read that 46% of tenants who complain about the property are subsequently evicted. This is a step in the right direction but you have to ask if Section 21 was started in 1988 why has it taken so long?
Old 15-04-2019, 11:27 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I've read that 46% of tenants who complain about the property are subsequently evicted. This is a step in the right direction but you have to ask if Section 21 was started in 1988 why has it taken so long?
40% of Tory MPs are landlords, including almost half the Cabinet. Some 20% of Labour MPs are.

Sorry, I forget the question?

Anyway, are all these threads going into politics forum? Politics are involved of course, but this is very much part of a huge social discussion.
Old 15-04-2019, 11:36 AM

Dr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Might upset a few budding Rachmans but who gives a shit.

Blimey, never thought I would find myself agreeing with you.
Old 15-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
40% of Tory MPs are landlords, including almost half the Cabinet. Some 20% of Labour MPs are.

Anyway, are all these threads going into politics forum? Politics are involved of course, but this is very much part of a huge social discussion.
Politics is also part of a huge social discussion. If it helps, just think of this forum as GCC for grown-ups.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-04-2019, 11:38 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post

Get rid of the ******* Politics Forum

Bloody mods and their daft ideas

EDIT: Gone downhill since Maidstoned became a mod
Old 15-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think you have to look more at the landlord side for that answer. I'm assuming it was originally to encourage btlers by taking some of the risk out. Today the btlers are still pushing too much money into an oversubscribed market so it affects house prices for the first time buyer i.e. the new tory voter. For the Tories its win win on votes although their pickings will still be lean among renters.
For renters it improves security so good for them but I doubt theres many extra votes in it for either party from the renters.
Old 15-04-2019, 11:53 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Ministers have said they will amend the section eight process to allow it to be used by landlords if they want to sell the property or move back in themselves. Unlike section 21, tenants can challenge section eight evictions in court.

So basically it's as easy as serving a section 21 notice if section 8 notice is unchallenged and if challenged landlord just has to say "I want to sell/move back into my property".

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 15-04-2019, 11:54 AM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Something has to be done about renting in this country. I'm lucky enough not to have to, but I see most of the blokes at work and it seems someone is moving every month. It's fine whilst they're all in their twenties, but must be horrible to have a family and having to uproot them every time a contact ends so that someone can make a bit more money.
Old 15-04-2019, 12:31 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_the_eagle View Post
Something has to be done about renting in this country. I'm lucky enough not to have to, but I see most of the blokes at work and it seems someone is moving every month. It's fine whilst they're all in their twenties, but must be horrible to have a family and having to uproot them every time a contact ends so that someone can make a bit more money.

I rent to a family of 4. I do feel a bit sorry for them. They’re in their late 30s probably never gonna be able to buy... they have two young kids. It must be a struggle for them financially. They did go travelling in their 20s... kinda lived a hippy lifestyle. I guess combination of not getting on the housing ladder earlier and the rising cost of property... kind of means they’ll be renting all their life.

I hear about lack of social housing... but it’s got to be worse than reported... when my property is available, I get inundated with people on benefits wanting it, also people on low wages who get their money topped up. The local authority down here are desperate for private landlords... offering 5 year guaranteed rent (below market value, but they cover maintenance). It’s gotta be a horrible situation to be in for the renters. Lucky for my tenants, they’ve won the landlord lottery with me.
Old 15-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Politics is also part of a huge social discussion. If it helps, just think of this forum as GCC for grown-ups.
Have you read the Brexit thread at all
Old 15-04-2019, 03:09 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
I think you have to look more at the landlord side for that answer. I'm assuming it was originally to encourage btlers by taking some of the risk out. Today the btlers are still pushing too much money into an oversubscribed market so it affects house prices for the first time buyer i.e. the new tory voter. For the Tories its win win on votes although their pickings will still be lean among renters.
For renters it improves security so good for them but I doubt theres many extra votes in it for either party from the renters.
Gotta laugh at your deluded world view. First time buyers a tories. Lol

SaulAlinsky
Old 15-04-2019, 06:33 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I live in a rented council house having moved in with my (now)wife nearly 13 years ago. She has kids(now adults) including one in a wheelchair who has a downstairs extention with appropriate adaptions etc so wasn't practicle to move in with me so i rented it out.

Generally i like to think i am a good landlord(but guess very far from typical!) i did get my letting agent(brother and Palace fan) to give notice to my first tennant they turned out to be a bit pikeyish and threatened to firebomb pub my wife worked at(they were not aware of connection) we were a bit flexible and let em stay a bit longer whilst they found somewhere but not really giving a reason seemed appropriate to me to avoid any aggravation!
The next tennant lasted almost 11 years(sometimes paid late or short,had new boiler at 1500 quid and never a rent rise)before she gave me notice which quite suited me as mortgage now paid so i rented to my nephew cheap to give him a chance to save a deposit up as he hopes to buy somewhere.
I guess i aint a stereo typical **** of a landlord but know lots of friends in private rent who are scared to raise issues of required maintenance etc for fear of being forced out so overall i think this is probably a good thing to happen it it makes such people feel a bit more secure.
Old 15-04-2019, 06:55 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
A big part of the problem has been the continual upheavals in the regulation structure. The Housing Corporation was dismantled and we eventually ended up with the Homes and Communities body. The regulator has changed again, which has made it difficult for policy and the required legislation to be formulated and adopted. So it is hugely political. Housing Associations were suddenly regarded as the devil for a while, rather than a valuable partner in the provision of social housing. They didn't help themselves in some respects, with larger and larger mergers taking place, the chief beneficiaries seeming to be the highly remunerated Executives. They also got into more and more development for private rent, sale and profit, which they justified by arguing that this surplus would be used to finance more 'affordable' property to rent to social tenants. Personally, I think they built their reputations as efficient providers on false foundations. They were/are dependent on Housing Association Grant. It should be easy to provide impressive results when you're using tax payers money. Now that the regulation around HAG is much tighter, lo and behold many have found out what it's like to operate in a less benign climate. We need a root and branch reassessment of social housing in the UK. We need to get back to the idea that social housing is not welfare housing, give tenants ethical long-term contracts, and regulate rents properly. Stopping renters relying on an avaricious and often unscrupulous private market harms tenants and the wider economy. A greater and greater proportion of tenant's income is spent on rent; money which they could spend in other areas, benefitting more than a small group of wealthy private landlords.
Old 16-04-2019, 12:25 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Some interesting points in here. Your critique of the regulatory changes is over-egged a little in my view, yes there have been various name changes and rebrandings but the people working there and the regulatory framework they work to have remained intact (although the framework is regularly tweaked according to the prevailing political climate).

HAs are frequently lambasted for making too much profit, which is a counter view to yours that the are built on pillars of sand.

I agree completely about the purpose of the sector though, good old fashioned social housing built in part through capital subsidy is proven to be cost effective for the public purse and is where we need to be.
Old 16-04-2019, 12:31 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Politics is also part of a huge social discussion. If it helps, just think of this forum as GCC for grown-ups and their play things.
Old 16-04-2019, 01:32 PM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

EDIT: Gone downhill since Maidstoned became a mod
When is he up for re-election?
Old 16-04-2019, 06:47 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Some interesting points in here. Your critique of the regulatory changes is over-egged a little in my view, yes there have been various name changes and rebrandings but the people working there and the regulatory framework they work to have remained intact (although the framework is regularly tweaked according to the prevailing political climate).

HAs are frequently lambasted for making too much profit, which is a counter view to yours that the are built on pillars of sand.

I agree completely about the purpose of the sector though, good old fashioned social housing built in part through capital subsidy is proven to be cost effective for the public purse and is where we need to be.
The regulators forced merger by closing down HAG to smaller Associations, who had to either accept they would not be able develop, try to do so in competition with far better funded private developers, or merge/join a group with one of the bigger operators. This has been a real dilemma for some smaller providers, who may have been legacy founded or working in a specialist area that the larger organisation aren't necessarily interested in. And it is nigh on impossible to ring-fence your mission. I notice your location, so it could just be that little bit different in London, of course.
Old 17-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
s21's purpose was to avoid expensive and normally futile court processes to evict and recover unpaid rent. What it shouldn't be is a charter for landlords to evict on a whim. Equally removing it cannot be a charter for tenants to avoid paying rent with limited sanction for doing so.

The correct answer is probably somewhere in the middle
Old 17-04-2019, 04:13 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Gotta laugh at your deluded world view. First time buyers a tories. Lol
Not deluded as it happens - owners vote Tory more than if they are not owners - Maggie T saw that and that is why she happily sold off Council houses - more owners - more Tory voters.

The current government have suddenly realised that generation rent are growing up and voting and they are having to do something about it - thus the recent disincentives for BTL which have had some effect. Giving people more security will have a massive result. I remember the old situation where tenants had a lot of security and private landlords were few and far between as most could not risk not being able to get at their capital if they needed it.

As far as I can see the new proposals give more rights to tenants while still not going back to the old position as Landlords will be able to get their property back if they want to sell it (there is going to need to be major anti-avoidance provisions round that) as well as the usual not paid rent having all night parties etc grounds.

Rent is going to be the nettle they will need to grasp for this to have any pint though. There is no point giving tenants security if Landlords are allowed to raise the rent to whatever level they want.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis