Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 17-04-2019, 11:28 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I look back in shame that I thought the pop band The Boomtown Rats were cool, edgy, good and fully deserving of their New Wave tag.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:29 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I feel the contempt we modern Euromen feel for this sorry and archaic British class obsession. Can we get back to the topic, please?
Didn't you used to have a Peruvian maidservant or similar?

Anyway, Springsteen is OK, Patti Smith a bit dull, but I really like Talking Heads. Never got the love for TV on the Radio though.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:30 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I look back in shame that I thought the pop band The Boomtown Rats were cool, edgy, good and fully deserving of their New Wave tag.
Bob Stanley is excellent on this shower of shit in his terrific book "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!".
Old 17-04-2019, 11:31 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
I love the all other the CBGB's crowd but those I just don't get.
Television pretty much started CBGB's. You've just dissed the core of that group of bands. You're left with f*cking Blondie and Wayne County. And the occasional smacked out NY Doll.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:32 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
A Paraguayan lady “does” for us on occasion. My rock t-shirts don’t just iron themselves, you know. And we hardly stint on the “treats”, I’ll have you know.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:33 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Cream, I get the impression that they took themselves far too seriously and probably influenced Paul Weller.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:34 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
A Paraguayan lady ďdoesĒ for us on occasion. My rock t-shirts donít just iron themselves, you know. And we hardly stint on the ďtreatsĒ, Iíll have you know.
You iron t-shirts? Who are you, James Blunt?
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Todd Rundgren. God knows Iíve tried.
jft39

Quote:
A Paraguayan lady “does” for us on occasion. My rock t-shirts don’t just iron themselves, you know. And we hardly stint on the “treats”, I’ll have you know.
Thank The Maker for that. What is the dimmer switch situation?
Old 17-04-2019, 11:36 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Cream, I get the impression that they took themselves far too seriously and probably influenced Paul Weller.
Agree there. Never did it for me. Baker gives me a headache and looks like Catweazle, Bruce was the most overrated bass player on the planet and Clapton is a c*nt.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:37 PM
Middle class left.

It’s more of a dimmer rig, with dry ice and stuff. Really tasteful but you can’t expect everyone to understand.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I think we all fell into that trap, momentarily. Wasnít there a **** in pyjamas who played piano?
Old 17-04-2019, 11:40 PM
jft39

Quote:
Cream, I get the impression that they took themselves far too seriously...
That's not a bad shout. Unfortunately it leads me to the heretical admission that I really struggle to listen to Robert Johnson (and I do know how important he was, it's just I'd be happier listening to the likes of Technotronic or Sydney Youngblood or similar).
Old 17-04-2019, 11:40 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Television pretty much started CBGB's. You've just dissed the core of that group of bands. You're left with f*cking Blondie and Wayne County. And the occasional smacked out NY Doll.
Ramones, Voidoids, Misfits, also me in 1987 (not on the same bill I should add, it was the only gig I ever played in front of more than one man and his dog, it's a long story).

Last edited by Smoz; 17-04-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
That's not a bad shout. Unfortunately it leads me to the heretical admission that I really struggle to listen to Robert Johnson (and I do know how important he was, it's just I'd be happier listening to the likes of Technotronic or Sydney Youngblood or similar).
Really? Heís a bit of an acquired taste, I guess. How about Leadbelly?
Old 17-04-2019, 11:43 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
I think we all fell into that trap, momentarily. Wasnít there a **** in pyjamas who played piano?
No we f*cking didn't. Those that were about 12 when punk hit probably did, but most of us knew they were fake. As were the Police. And Stranglers. Older bands with a bit of front who slightly altered their image/output to fit in.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:44 PM
jft39

Quote:
Itís more of a dimmer rig, with dry ice and stuff. Really tasteful but you canít expect everyone to understand.
I know my place.

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
With considerable embarrassment I still remember his name; Johnny Fingers.
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Ramones, Voidoids, Misfits, and me in 1987 (not on the same bill and it was the only gig I ever played outside the UK, or in front of more than one man and his dog, it's a long story).
Don't be too concerned. I gigged there as well
Old 17-04-2019, 11:47 PM
Middle class left.

The Stranglers, there’s another one. Quite like the whimsical smacky stuff, if it comes on the wireless, though.