Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 25-04-2019, 04:40 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Huawei leak row

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Leaks to the Telegraph about discussions on using Huawei technology for the UK's 5G network.

Could end up a police investigation.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 25-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
I would hope so.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-04-2019, 07:35 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
This is serious stuff. The government has been frustrated by leaks for a while. I hope the minister is uncovered and they should be sacked, prosecuted and never be allowed high office again.
Old 25-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
It's a ******* disgrace.
Old 25-04-2019, 07:59 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
It comes at a time when they’re all jockeying to become the next leader. A runner and rider may fall at this point.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 25-04-2019, 08:02 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
As a precaution, any MP who is paid by The Telegraph should immediately be banned from running for the leadership of the Conservative Party.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Best thing about this is that I now know how to pronounce the manufacturer of my phone.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 26-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Best thing about this is that I now know how to pronounce the manufacturer of my phone.
Do you? Do you?

I’m not sure I ever worked it out. What they used to tell us was native English speakers should simply say Wahway, but there was a very slight use of the H when the Chinese pronounced it, and I never quite mastered it.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:14 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Do you? Do you?

I’m not sure I ever worked it out. What they used to tell us was native English speakers should simply say Wahway, but there was a very slight use of the H when the Chinese pronounced it, and I never quite mastered it.
Ok, I'll rephrase that: I now know the accepted English pronunciation.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 26-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:

Good luck with your phone. All I’ll say is this, I appreciate the phones are not the major risk here, but the day i ceased to have any involvement with that Group, my phone was switched off and it will never be switched on again.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:23 AM
Borderline lunacy

I'm on my second. They are great phones. I don't think I'm a target for spying, so am not overly concerned.

Old 26-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Try saying it with a Geordie accent. Works for me.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:30 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
... and they know your bank account details, your mothers maiden name and where you hid the bodies.

Win win.

Cricket wanker.
Old 26-04-2019, 09:28 AM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm on my second. They are great phones. I don't think I'm a target for spying, so am not overly concerned.
愚蠢的英國帝國主義的狗
Old 26-04-2019, 09:29 AM
Borderline lunacy

Old 27-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
It's a very interesting case, this, so many facets. The leak shows how seriously voters and foreign governments can take this government. The decision itself can't help but provoke tensions with partners like the US. The reactions to it in the UK media show an array of attitudes to one the big plotlines of this century, the relationship between the west and China.
Old 27-04-2019, 08:41 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
My experience of being in China dates back to the summer of '89, and the government was not particularly nice and it leaves a memory, but corporately my evidence is only anecdotal and mainly 3rd hand but there is no difference between any large Chinese corporation and the party/government. In the case of Huawei doubly so.

What a very strange decision. Are we that desperate for a trade deal with China that we will open every digital communication in the country to them?
Old 27-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I guess there is a question as to how far you can distinguish American tech companies from their government, as well.
Old 27-04-2019, 10:37 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
It seems to have escaped this government's (and everyone else's) notice that they sold the entire London and South Eastern electricity network to the Chinese some years ago. I suppose they don't think its strategic enough
Old 27-04-2019, 11:34 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
On the one hand, it's a breach of the official secrets act. On the other it shows how politicians and leaders abuse the act to prevent awkward or damaging decisions being known. The people should know that the PM made a decision against the advice of the security services of the electorate are to be informed politically.

The information provided by the services should be secret, but the decision should never have been taken at that meeting, and should have been made in reaction to a redacted summary elsewhere.

Secrecy should only serve to protect agents and assets, not elected officals