Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: How did you vote?
Conservative 0 0%
Labour 11 7.69%
Liberal Democrats 52 36.36%
Green 31 21.68%
SNP (or other regional remain party) 1 0.70%
DUP (or other regional leave Party) 0 0%
Brexit Party 26 18.18%
Change UK 15 10.49%
Other 7 4.90%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Euro Elections 23rd May 2019

Shall we have a thread? Won't bother with a poll, same old lefty BBS etc etc.

Interesting on so many fronts this one.

The quite rapid progress of Farage's Brexit party - the acceptable face of xenophobia it seems. They could easily grab the largest vote %. Due to the lack of vetting and simply not caring, there will be plenty of stories about theirs candidates in the weeks to come but i suspect it will not matter one jot.

UKIP hopefully a busted flush again the racist pieces of shit.

Will the LibDems and Greens continue the good news for them from the locals?

Labour are a shambles but who the **** is going to vote Tory in this one? Quite possibly the final straw for the PM or rather that Party. And how strong will the Nats be in Scotland? (None of us care about that tbh but thought i'd be inclusive of a certain lovely poster).

One thing - EU citizens are of course eligible - that is quite a constituency. Is there some campaign going? I truly hope so. The worry and stress this has caused ordinary workers is a disgrace.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
As I posted on the other thread David Liddington has confirmed they're going ahead as there is no time left for us to get our act together and leave (surprise!)
Old 07-05-2019, 03:20 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Can there be anyone who would vote Tory in these elections? Whether you want to stay or go, they are making a complete pig's ear of it. An utterly shambolic government trying to deliver an equally shambolic brexit
Old 07-05-2019, 03:23 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
I am hoping for a much larger turnout than normal. And a complete eschewing of a Labour/Tory vote.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
True blues and reds won't change their voting habits, but that core probably doesn't amount to as much as they think it does. Farage will surely hoover up the vast majority of the leave votes - there isn't really a single party based around remain, and therefore you'd expect that vote to split between everyone else.

If the Tories are committed to leaving as they say they are, it would be interesting if they decided not to field any candidates though. After all, leave means leave and all that, so why waste the time and expense on what the party see as a meaningless election?
Old 07-05-2019, 03:27 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I am voting PSOE as usual.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:31 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
And how strong will the Nats be in Scotland? (None of us care about that tbh but thought i'd be inclusive of a certain lovely poster).
If you are referring to me ( I have been put off the scent by your use of the word lovely; unless this is the BBS equivalent of yoof words 'bad' and 'wicked' that mean the total opposite? ) then I am becoming like the rest of you in not caring, but that extends to the whole of UK politics as I think it has become a basket case.

It is very sad
Old 07-05-2019, 03:49 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Will Bob be back for this?
Old 07-05-2019, 03:56 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Will Bob be back for this?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:03 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
If your sole raison d`etre is the destruction of the EU then you shouldn’t be allowed to stand. I am amazed the EU can function at all with so many MP’s on a sabotage mission. It’s like voting Guy Fawkes in as an MP.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:25 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
If you are referring to me ( I have been put off the scent by your use of the word lovely; unless this is the BBS equivalent of yoof words 'bad' and 'wicked' that mean the total opposite? ) then I am becoming like the rest of you in not caring, but that extends to the whole of UK politics as I think it has become a basket case.

It is very sad
This is a glorious chance to register a vast protest vote. And the D’Hondt system means it’s a good way to do it

So if you don’t get out to vote, then you won’t be lovely to me or indeed any other poster on these boards.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
If your sole raison d`etre is the destruction of the EU then you shouldn’t be allowed to stand. I am amazed the EU can function at all with so many MP’s on a sabotage mission. It’s like voting Guy Fawkes in as an MP.
Guy Fawkes as an MP would make him a suicide bomber.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:41 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Tactical Remain voting by region

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-05-2019, 04:45 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I seem to remember muting that we’d be involved in these elections a few months ago on the Brexit thread, although I kind of wondered whether I was talking nonsense. And here we are.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 07-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post

Old 07-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I seem to remember muting that we’d be involved in these elections a few months ago on the Brexit thread, although I kind of wondered whether I was talking nonsense. And here we are.
We always assume you are talking nonsense Bubbs.

With my vast and superior knowledge I dismissed those who claimed we would have these bloody elections if leave was delayed.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Call me Ishmael

Quote:

Hope this is getting out there.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:06 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:

Helpful. Let's hope this spreads.

Is it in anyway linked to the remain petition? Would be wonderful if the 6 million who signed that effectively acted on this.

Again, shocking how petty politicians wouldn't put a coalition of remainers together. Only the Liberals (with the most to lose politically) were up for it.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
The beeb had a list of runners and riders per region, I'm assuming that for the Southern region, with 10 seats up for grabs, you can vote for up to ten candidates in the ballot paper.

Coincidentally, Change UK (TIG) the pro remain party, have ten candidates for the region, I expect them to do quite well.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:

Bizarre confused people, winning or losing the EU elections won't make a blind bit of difference to remain or leave.