Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 14-06-2019, 08:05 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Chuka Umunna

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Whatever common ground we may have with LibDems & some Tories on Brexit I can't forgive what they've done to my area

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The quote in the above facebook link. Some about turn.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:06 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Tony Blair is wrong to suggest in any way that voters should look elsewhere and form some anti-Brexit Alliance. No ifs, no buts: voting Labour and maximising our position in Parliament is the best way to stop Theresa May's hard Brexit.

I campaigned passionately and around the clock for the UK to remain in the EU during the referendum campaign last year. I led the Labour IN for Britain campaign in Greater London, and played a leading role in the cross party Britain Stronger In Europe campaign. I am a leading supporter of Open Britain and chair the cross party Vote Leave Watch campaign.

I am passionately opposed to a job-destroying, cliff edge, hard Brexit and am standing for The Labour Party on a platform in Streatham where I am clear: I will be fighting for Britain to stay in the Single Market and the Customs Union if re-elected.

I am equally clear that the best antidote to the direction Theresa May - a hostage of the extreme Brexiteers in her party - is taking the country, is the strongest possible Labour opposition and the greatest number of Labour MPs.

I could never ever countenance suggesting voters support Liberal Democrat or Conservative candidates on account of their Remain credentials - this would require turning a blind eye to the cuts to our local schools, the NHS and other public services instigated by both parties in Government from 2010 to 2015 and carried on by the Tories alone since 2015, which all our communities are now suffering from.

What the Liberal Democrats and Conservatives have done to our public services in government since 2010 and the cuts to support for those on low incomes, the disabled and others in need is utterly unforgivable. Whatever common ground Labour people may have with them on Brexit, we cannot ignore or forgive this.
Cannot? What until you join them?
Old 14-06-2019, 08:07 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Person in change of mind shock.

Can't be arsed to check, but how many times did Churchill cross the floor of the house?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-06-2019, 08:11 AM

But given the Lib Dem’s haven’t apologised for what they did surely it still stands.

And if there has been such a huge change in mind set from Chuka, what is the logic for that? Those are scathing comments on the Lib Dems.

I suspect it’s less a change of mind though and the only move he had left to save his political career.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:11 AM

... double post
Old 14-06-2019, 08:12 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
It's starting to look a little like a Chuka witchhunt.

Where's your thread on Jared O'Mara? Frank Field?
Old 14-06-2019, 08:12 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Double post
Old 14-06-2019, 08:16 AM

He’s my MP. Obviously I will have more interest.

But you wanna talk about Frank Field, feel free. Start a thread.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Lib Dems are now 1/6th Palace
Old 14-06-2019, 08:25 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
The dynamics of Chuka joining the liberals are interesting. Will he stand to be leader now or next time? Does he still agree with their austerity policies that caused damage according to him to his constituents? How long before he changes his mind again and joins Laboir (perhaps after looking at polling in the future or after Corbs retires)?
Old 14-06-2019, 08:27 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
But given the Lib Demís havenít apologised for what they did surely it still stands.

And if there has been such a huge change in mind set from Chuka, what is the logic for that? Those are scathing comments on the Lib Dems.

I suspect itís less a change of mind though and the only move he had left to save his political career.
I genuinely donít know about your last point ; none of us do.

Itís far from impossible of course. But a more pressing cause of concern for me would be how one minute he can be forming a new party, and the next joining an existing one. At best, that suggests to me poor thinking skills and decision-making, which is not a great quality in a politician.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-06-2019, 08:28 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
The dynamics of Chuka joining the liberals are interesting. Will he stand to be leader now or next time? Does he still agree with their austerity policies that caused damage according to him to his constituents? How long before he changes his mind again and joins Laboir (perhaps after looking at polling in the future or after Corbs retires)?
They alleviated Tory austerity politics.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-06-2019, 08:31 AM

Rumour is he will stand in Twickenham to replace Cable.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I genuinely donít know about your last point ; none of us do.

Itís far from impossible of course. But a more pressing cause of concern for me would be how one minute he can be forming a new party, and the next joining an existing one. At best, that suggests to me poor thinking skills and decision-making, which is not a great quality in a politician.
Just before he left for TIG, he not only told our CLP that he wasnít leaving but castigated and condemned those that had said they were hearing rumours that he was leaving.

That did annoy me as he didnít have to attack and condemn people for something which he knew was true.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Quite considerably, actually reducing cuts vs the Labour manifesto

[/QUOTE]
Old 14-06-2019, 08:34 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can you or anyone else actually show me evidence that they alleviated Tory cuts? On my limited experience of work during the early days of the coalition the Libs were fully signed up to the deficit reduction agenda. I know that we discussed how the scale of the cuts was slowed down but was that due to Liberal pressure or other factors reducing the necessity for cuts? I'd have said low interests reducing debt interest took the pressure off.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
Quite considerably, actually reducing cuts vs the Labour manifesto

[/QUOTE]

As I wrote below the last post. That doesn't prove that the liberals tempered Tory cuts. It just shows that the scale of the cuts was not necessary (due to lower debt interest than predicted) or proved politically too difficult.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:38 AM

Yes Labour at the time was pro austerity. Which was shameful.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:45 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
They all agreed with the propaganda instead of fighting it as the fake news it was.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:45 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
What is it with Palace fans? Just canít stay out of the news.

ďSupporting Palace has a certain cult value Ė like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.Ē
- John Peel