Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 21-06-2019, 10:39 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
How have you determined she is a leftie?
Because she wasn't invited
Old 21-06-2019, 10:44 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Because she wasn't invited
Excellent, nor was I, I must be a leftie!
Old 21-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
I don't think it was at all reasonable. It was obviously not a violent protest and she was clearly not armed. He could have stood up and blocked her but there was absolutely no need for that level of aggression.
By 'obviously' I assume that's based on after the event knowledge? Having watched that video up to the point he stopped her (so his perspective), I have absolutely zero idea who she is, what she was doing, why she was there, if she is there to do harm, commit a crime, anything at all. He took the decision to stop her there and then by the force neccessary. Those saying he over reacted have no idea how they would have reacted in the moment, and not with heaps of hindsight behind them

She 'could' have been there to do anything, she may have ended up with a sore neck. Seems a small price to pay for what she was doing tbh. If she'd done that in the US she'd be in a morgue, but lets be honest, she wouldn't have done it then would she.

As for peaceful protest, surely all violent protests start off peaceful, even if just for a few seconds

Seems like a massive mountain out of a mole hill tbh.
Old 21-06-2019, 10:47 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The woman was trespassing and I am no fan of politicians but in todays climate no one knows what she may have had ( a knife /acid ) . There would have been a bigger uproar if a major incident had occurred with no one trying to stop her . I see Labour are trying to gain the moral ground on this - they should remember the Jo Cox tragedy and what can happen .
Old 21-06-2019, 10:50 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
....and if the woman rushing the top table had drawn a knife and stabbed someone, people would be asking why no one stood up and tried to stop her. I am no fan of politicians but to accuse Mark Field of assault is ludicrous.
Really? Would they? If I was in that room and she drew a knife I'd be making sure everyone got out, myself included.

Mark Field obviously didn't see her as a threat, because if he did he'd have ran away like any sane person would have done. And if he did try and stop her because he thought she was a threat, then he's an idiot.
Old 21-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltron View Post
I'm sure the majority of the people on here slagging him off are anti-Tory and using it as a stick.
I must admit, I used to dislike Two Jags immensely, but he went up in my estimation when he chinned the mullet man who threw an egg at him from close range. Especially when Two Jags explained he was "defending himself".
The more these soap dodgers get a kicking the less appetite there will be in doing so.
Imagine if, seconds after some dope throws a milk shake over a politician such as Our Nige, a sword is brandished and the twat is immediately beheaded? Seeing the still smirking face bounce onto the ground will make people think twice about copying it.

Nah. the guy done good.
And I am sure he would have done so had it been a man - maybe requiring more force.

He should be applauded.

Troll alert.
Old 21-06-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:

It's relative. Or are you trying to tell us just how far right wing you are?
Old 21-06-2019, 10:53 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
The woman was trespassing and I am no fan of politicians but in todays climate no one knows what she may have had ( a knife /acid ) . There would have been a bigger uproar if a major incident had occurred with no one trying to stop her . I see Labour are trying to gain the moral ground on this - they should remember the Jo Cox tragedy and what can happen .
Or as mentioned earlier it was one of their most prominent MP's who assaulted a member of the public for throwing an egg.
Old 21-06-2019, 10:54 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
If he was genuinely concerned that she had a knife/acid then he left himself totally exposed to such an attack by the way he confronted her.

IMO he did not see her as a danger, he was just irritated by her presence.
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Er yes, she was planning a protest - I don't think anyone is denying this. (And do you want to guess which Minister said in the House of Commons that women should be able to protest without fear of violence?)

I can't see why he had immediately to grab her rather than, for example, attempt to block her path. He went straight for an overly physical approach.
Perhaps because he is not trained in security?

Very easy to criticise after the event.

(And, please, I don't want to be put in the position of defending Mark Field!)

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Quote:
Or as mentioned earlier it was one of their most prominent MP's who assaulted a member of the public for throwing an egg.
Yes but 2Jags at least took on a man his size in a street brawl. This bloke is a bloody coward, would probably wince at you.
Old 21-06-2019, 10:55 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
If he was genuinely concerned that she had a knife/acid then he left himself totally exposed to such an attack by the way he confronted her.

Yep.
Old 21-06-2019, 10:55 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
Really? Would they? If I was in that room and she drew a knife I'd be making sure everyone got out, myself included.

Mark Field obviously didn't see her as a threat, because if he did he'd have ran away like any sane person would have done. And if he did try and stop her because he thought she was a threat, then he's an idiot.
Or just instinctive reaction , not all people would run away ?
Old 21-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 21-06-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Or just instinctive reaction , not all people would run away ?
He saw her walking down the line of people. His reaction wasn't instinctive.
Old 21-06-2019, 10:58 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
By 'obviously' I assume that's based on after the event knowledge? Having watched that video up to the point he stopped her (so his perspective), I have absolutely zero idea who she is, what she was doing, why she was there, if she is there to do harm, commit a crime, anything at all. He took the decision to stop her there and then by the force neccessary. Those saying he over reacted have no idea how they would have reacted in the moment, and not with heaps of hindsight behind them

She 'could' have been there to do anything, she may have ended up with a sore neck. Seems a small price to pay for what she was doing tbh. If she'd done that in the US she'd be in a morgue, but lets be honest, she wouldn't have done it then would she.

As for peaceful protest, surely all violent protests start off peaceful, even if just for a few seconds

Seems like a massive mountain out of a mole hill tbh.
I agree.

People are making judgements having watched a clip on video, knowing what the outcome was and from the comfort of their laptops.

There’s a reason why terrorist groups persuade women, even children, to carry out acts for them...their targets don’t perceive them as a significant threat and lower their guard as a consequence.

Now I’m not suggesting she’s a terrorist at all, she probably does mean very well. But she did proceed around that room like a person on a purpose, whereas others stayed at the back of the room.

In that moment it was correct to stop her getting closer, in my opinion.
Old 21-06-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
He is not trained in Security and he had seen her for seconds . She shouldn't have been there and far better this than what may have happened .
Old 21-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
And he'd probably had a few beforehand.
Old 21-06-2019, 11:07 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Did you gatecrash the event too?
Old 21-06-2019, 11:08 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post

Yes perhaps.

I am not intending to be overly critical of him, just that his motives may not be as noble as some are saying.

However I do not think he needs to hauled over the coals for what he did. IMO he does not deserve to lose his ministerial position over it.