Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 25-07-2019, 08:49 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Governments raise money by issuing treasury bonds. There can be many buyers and they may include pension funds, hedge funds, and other governments that want assets in a reserve currency.

The bonds have an expiry date so, in theory, they have to be repaid but generally a government will just issue new bonds to replace them. If a government had surplus cash they could choose not to reissue bonds.

Increasing GDP is the policy objective of just about every government in the world. New, well paid jobs come from increasing GDP. I would argue that ensuring well paid jobs for its citizens is a government's highest duty. The opposite is recession. The trick for governments is to manage the increase so that all parts of the economy growth at a supportable rate.

I don't see there is a finite limit to growth though what constitutes growth will change over time as circumstances change.

In the terms of this discussion the value of existing debt shrinks as the economy grows so modest deficits that facilitate economic growth (such as infrastructure development and research and development) are a good thing.
How can there not be a finite limit to growth?
Old 25-07-2019, 09:05 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Exponential growth forever is the cornerstone of capitalism.
Old 25-07-2019, 11:12 AM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Global capitalism and cancer share many similarities
Old 25-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Probably the same place he promised the tram extension from... In other words promises, promises, promises = lies, lies, lies.
Old 28-07-2019, 12:24 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
The money doesn't need to be spent as that election has passed. We just need GE to get a new set of promises that won't happen.
Old 28-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
How can there not be a finite limit to growth?
The universe is effectively never ending
Old 28-07-2019, 03:17 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
The universe is effectively never ending
Unicorns live in this never ending universe one has to be positive and believe and they shall see it....
Old 28-07-2019, 05:53 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Increasing GDP is the policy objective of just about every government in the world.
That’s the same world that will be destroyed by the self same policies.
Old 29-07-2019, 02:42 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
..and 19th century thinking has had its time, tied to digging up fossil fuels and burning them. Where next? mining the moon and asteroids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ