Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-07-2019, 11:43 AM
Probationary User

somebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very darksomebody else sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
I mean Leicester probably need two centre backs really long term.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them get in another overseas player now they’ve signed one with prior PL experience.
We don`t. Last season we bought Caglar Soyuncu and Filip Benkovic. Caglar took the season to aclimatise, but is expected to feature a lot more this season, whereas Benkovic went to Celtic on loan (And did really well) - so Brenda knows him very well.
Cheers and good luck for the season.
Old 17-07-2019, 11:50 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
I mean Leicester probably need two centre backs really long term.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them get in another overseas player now they’ve signed one with prior PL experience.
They signed a couple just in the last window I think
Old 17-07-2019, 11:51 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody else View Post
We don`t. Last season we bought Caglar Soyuncu and Filip Benkovic. Caglar took the season to aclimatise, but is expected to feature a lot more this season, whereas Benkovic went to Celtic on loan (And did really well) - so Brenda knows him very well.
Cheers and good luck for the season.
I should have finished reading the thread before posting! I knew they had brought a couple in.
Old 23-07-2019, 07:03 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

£40m for 11 goals last year.
Old 23-07-2019, 07:07 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post

£40m for 11 goals last year.
He’s not an out and out striker, more of a Firmino type player. His job was making space for Hoffeinheim’s two main goalscorers, Kramaric and Belfodil. Still managed 11 goals and 9 assists in 35 appearances, which is superb.

40 million is perfectly reasonable value in today’s market for someone of Joelinton’s age and talent. Big gamble for a club like Newcastle though who are relegation candidates, and need to him to hit the ground running.

Also think that Nagelsmann (now off to Leipzig) squeezes absolutely everything out of his players, in a Pochettino esque way.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 23-07-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Old 23-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
‘In today’s’ market which is escalating.

In fairness you give a good assessment of a player I have never heard of, I just still think of £40m being excessive but it’s becoming a normal transfer fee for a striker to a non top 6 side.

Last edited by MFBias; 23-07-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 23-07-2019, 07:25 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Today’s market which is escalating... Seems a good assessment of a player I have never heard of so fair enough, I just still think of £40m being excessive.
Yeah, supply and demand economics.

This isn’t an outrageous fee at all considering the others flying around, and I took issue at your shallow analysis of ‘£40m for 11 goals last year.’
Old 23-07-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I just still think of £40m being excessive but it’s becoming a normal transfer fee for a striker to a non top 6 side.
I think it’s definitely an excessive fee for a team in Newcastle’s situation to spend on someone who isn’t premier league proven. If he doesn’t settle, that could be them as good as down.

I think Arsenal should have gone for him instead of Wilf at that price.
Old 23-07-2019, 07:31 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
How much incone does a premier league like palace get?
Old 23-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
About £150M.
Old 23-07-2019, 09:32 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Newcastle have been after him for a while. Fairly certain it was Benitez who didn't want him and preferred a couple of more senior known purchases instead.
Old 23-07-2019, 09:56 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
‘In today’s’ market which is escalating.

In fairness you give a good assessment of a player I have never heard of, I just still think of £40m being excessive but it’s becoming a normal transfer fee for a striker to a non top 6 side.
PSG have ruined football with that disgraceful Neymar fee

Should have been blocked by authorities for the health of the game
Old 23-07-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
PSG have ruined football with that disgraceful Neymar fee

Should have been blocked by authorities for the health of the game
I wonder how close we’ll get to a billion pound player before everything just collapses? At least halfway I reckon.
Old 24-07-2019, 03:52 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Newcastle have been after him for a while. Fairly certain it was Benitez who didn't want him and preferred a couple of more senior known purchases instead.
So much for Ashley not spending.
Seems a more sensible approach, if you can call £40m on an unknown sensible, to buy a youngster with sell on value given they're in the relegation possibles bracket.
Old 24-07-2019, 02:30 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
So much for Ashley not spending.
Seems a more sensible approach, if you can call £40m on an unknown sensible, to buy a youngster with sell on value given they're in the relegation possibles bracket.
Well they got £30m from selling Perez so traded up for a £10m overall spend.
Old 25-07-2019, 12:42 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Yeah, supply and demand economics.

This isn’t an outrageous fee at all considering the others flying around, and I took issue at your shallow analysis of ‘£40m for 11 goals last year.’
We are going around in circles. It is supply and demand what else would it be. It is escalating through inflation to the point where the scale of fees is getting larger and larger in comparison to clubs the player play at but also the gap between the lower leagues. That is my point, simply saying ‘it’s supply and demand’ from your GCSC business studies class is missing my point.

Last edited by MFBias; 31-07-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Old 25-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
We are going around in circles. It is supply and demand, but it is escalating through inflation.
The weird thing about transfer fees and in particular wages increasing so much is that there is a very fine line between a player being worth £50M and nothing. The 'Benteke Paradox' if you will.

If he continued scoring 15-20 a season we could name our price. All the while he's scoring 2-3 and out injured half the time, we literally can't give him away because no-one wants to take a gamble on his wages.

So every big signing is fraught with risk, if the player's form falls off a cliff or he can't stay off the treatment table, your big investment is worthless.
Old 25-07-2019, 01:27 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
The weird thing about transfer fees and in particular wages increasing so much is that there is a very fine line between a player being worth £50M and nothing. The 'Benteke Paradox' if you will.

If he continued scoring 15-20 a season we could name our price. All the while he's scoring 2-3 and out injured half the time, we literally can't give him away because no-one wants to take a gamble on his wages.

So every big signing is fraught with risk, if the player's form falls off a cliff or he can't stay off the treatment table, your big investment is worthless.
with Benteke he had a massive injury before with his Achilles that's my main gripe with him. It was always to much for someone with that risk already known. He plays within himself as like Michael Owen admitted after his injury he never tried as hard as he could as he knew he was finished if it went again.
Old 30-07-2019, 10:47 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

£20m for a Championship level defender playing at Bristol. And people think we overspent on Sakho.
Old 31-07-2019, 03:26 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
That, and every young player in the French league quoted at 30m plus.