Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 04-09-2019, 09:58 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
How will it deliver a seat to the Lib Dems?

He got 30,223 last time, the Lib Dems 2.759. Labout were the nearest challenger on 22,213.

If he stands, as he has said in 2015 he would not stand in 2020, then the Tory electorate may view that not voting Tory risks letting Corbyn in.
Hahaha got me there, I didn't look specifically at the details. Yes, it could certainly deliver a seat to Labour.

Brexit will dominate the next election (which will be sooner than Brexit no doubt). People won't worry so much about delivering a seat for Labour, they'll vote entirely around their concerns regarding Brexit. I suspect that both the Conservatives and Labour will lose out, significantly.

We won't get a majority government - But I think you'll see the power brokers being the Lib Dems.

Last edited by dogstar721; 04-09-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:13 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I wonder if this demonising of Corbyn might not be counter productive if it came to an election. People might get to an election and check out manifestos and think that perhaps he isn't quite the democracy and the British way that he's been painted, compared to the alternatives.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:06 AM

Philipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Agreed, but those 21 Tory MPs have now been sacked today by the dicktator, so you need to revise your view.
I meant the 15 million odd people who vote for them, not just the MPs...
Old 04-09-2019, 12:47 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Can you offer a good option?

Are the Lib Dems going to secure a majority government? If not it remains that the only 2 who could would be Labour and the Conservatives.

This is better IMO than a majority Corbyn government based on his 2017 manifesto.
The fully costed Labour manifesto you mean? Vs what? Nothing has been done, it's all a total shitshow. And the irony is that the man saying "Let's get on with it so we can get back to talking about schools and hospitals" is the utter twat who switched from remain to leave and swung the vote to create the shitshow in the first place.

Tories. What a bunch of shits.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:57 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Amber Rudd’s quit now. Is there going to be anyone left?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 08-09-2019, 06:37 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Now the New Fascist tory party want to break yet more convention by standing against Bercow

Andrea Lothesome, a sub-human.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:53 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Now the New Fascist tory party want to break yet more convention by standing against Bercow

Andrea Lothesome, a sub-human.
Why not .... The same Bercow who breaks convention and traditions of the Speakers job and house all the time.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:01 AM
Hadron Collider

I've just joined the Tunbridge Wells Tory party ... So I can be ready to deselect one of the rebels!
Unless it's within 3 months of Friday .... as I would re nationalise trains water companies and other Utilities ... Increase spending on the NHS and schools .... Maybe I shouldn't go along to local party meetings... Hey ho brexit is brexit!
Just need the Brexit/Tory election Pact .... For guaranteed election Victory!
Old 08-09-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Why not .... The same Bercow who breaks convention and traditions of the Speakers job and house all the time.
Got any evidence to back that up?

Another parasite in the tories to help ruin them. Fantastic
Old 08-09-2019, 07:11 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Tories are very good these days at breaking conventions, and I don't believe Bercow is one of them. Look no further than your own loser leader Johnson, who told members publicly yesterday he is going to break the law of the land deliberately,becuse he is not good enough to deliver on his promises any other way but I guess because that doesn't suit your bias, you will duly ignore it.

Last edited by SE25 exile; 08-09-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:12 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've just joined the Tunbridge Wells Tory party ... So I can be ready to deselect one of the rebels!
Unless it's within 3 months of Friday .... as I would re nationalise trains water companies and other Utilities ... Increase spending on the NHS and schools .... Maybe I shouldn't go along to local party meetings... Hey ho brexit is brexit!
Disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells

LOL
Old 08-09-2019, 07:17 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
The Tories are very good these days at breaking conventions, and I don't believe Bercow is one of them. You should look no further than your own loser leader Johnson, who told members publicly yesterday he is going to break the law of the land deliberately, but I guess because that doesn't suit your bias, will duly ignore it.
But the convention was wrongly and biasedly broken by Rat Bercow to take power away from the executive in the first place... Breaking tradition by a meant to be impartial speaker.... Disregarding 100s of years of tradition ... The remainers in Parliament don't represent the people's will on this matter and have staged a European Union backed destruction of democracy .... The Rebels in Parliament took legal advice and assurances from the European Union before the votes even when in.... Completely traitorous dogs.
We had a vote .... The same remain MPs delegated their power to the public Will.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells

LOL
Old 08-09-2019, 07:20 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Got any evidence to back that up?

Another parasite in the tories to help ruin them. Fantastic
the parasites are in Parliament!
Old 08-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
So you are proud that you wish to impoverish your country, wreck the health and rights of its citizens and put the government under the control of foreign actors.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Banned by Moderators

Harold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHarold : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
That's my fear as well. Let's face it, despite their differences on the type of Brexit, the Brexit Party is going to be far more inclined to lean hard right than left. I think that's why we are seeing the tactics from Labour that we are seeing, to try to divide them first, ahead of an election. Mind you, I'm no expert and just guessing. In fact im not sure that this is the tactic now. They'll probably still end up siding with the tories anyway and the libdems will split the labour vote. What a mess. At least it's good that the tories seem finished as a party. Kind of poetic justice really for breaking the country.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
But the convention was wrongly and biasedly broken by Rat Bercow to take power away from the executive in the first place... Breaking tradition by a meant to be impartial speaker.... Disregarding 100s of years of tradition ... The remainers in Parliament don't represent the people's will on this matter and have staged a European Union backed destruction of democracy .... The Rebels in Parliament took legal advice and assurances from the European Union before the votes even when in.... Completely traitorous dogs.
We had a vote .... The same remain MPs delegated their power to the public Will.
Actually parliament has represented the will of the country pretty accurately. The referendum was 52/48 and so essentially almost evenly split like parliament. The reason things haven't gone your way and there is now an anti no deal alliance in the house, is purely down to to the reckless and ill judged strategy of Cummings pulling a subservient Johnson's strings. In one week between them, they have alienated 23 of their own MPs, many of whom voted for May's Brexit deal on all three occasions. The ERG and the Tory membership are to blame for this basically by voting in someone who is equally as selfish, reckless and myopic as themselves, and now are seemingly dismayed and angry by the bleeding obvious outcome. It isn't going to end well for your party, Mr Entryist, and ranting on nonsense about traitors and fake claims of breaking conventions is not helping anyone.

Last edited by SE25 exile; 08-09-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:51 AM
Hadron Collider

Don't be silly you know MPs don't represent the people on this issue.... Respect if you want to remain but don't be silly.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:55 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
So you are proud that you wish to impoverish your country, wreck the health and rights of its citizens and put the government under the control of foreign actors.
Brexit is everything for now ... Finally get it done we can go back to domestic policies.
You believe the country will be poorer I don't believe that ... I can then go back to singing things can only get better .. which I voted for but soon realise Tony Blair was a fraud.
We allo know the Tory party cannot be trusted on the NHS or on normal working class school funding .... Social care and cash for the disabled and so on.
If Parliament wasn't in the zombie lockdown paralysis our country might be moving forward.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Don't be silly you know MPs don't represent the people on this issue.... Respect if you want to remain but don't be silly.
I am not asking for your respect thanks. I am only interested in a resolution to this impasse that does no further damage our country. I have even got to the point now where I would accept a Norwegian style leave option, you know, the one that Farage was promoting during the 2016 campaign and has now ditched in favour of no deal at all, because he thinks he can get away with it in the current climate. However, Johnson, is not interested in any kind of deal and has sold your party totally off to Farage, as illustrated by your own comment on a pact. Your party is now far right, and has scotched any potential deal that might have saved our country from entering decades of uncertainty and damage.

Well done.