Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 02-08-2019, 01:19 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
National Insurance will go up big time

Report on the governments website this morning.
It doesn't say that in so many words of course but in the next decade it is inevitable. (The position of the NI fund improves to 2025 but then collapses and will be unviable without government subsidy by 2033.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; 02-08-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:23 PM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!foxinthebox has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
One of the "agendas" given is increased life expectancy but this trend is now reversing.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:00 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
By 2030 NHS would be sold off which will bring the NI contribution down anyway.....
Old 02-08-2019, 02:16 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
By 2030 NHS would be sold off which will bring the NI contribution down anyway.....

My biggest fear... is by the time we get the Tories out... the NHS will be damaged beyond repair.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:36 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I need to look into this more but the above report implies that we in the UK spend a shade under £200bn a year on health (2017) and that 79% is directly by the public sector.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:39 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
My biggest fear... is by the time we get the Tories out... the NHS will be damaged beyond repair.
Same here....what I would for a good opposition right now......lol
Old 02-08-2019, 05:23 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Same here....what I would for a good opposition right now......lol

Yep... Iíve resigned myself to a decade (minimum) of Tory rule
Old 02-08-2019, 06:33 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Yep... Iíve resigned myself to a decade (minimum) of Tory rule
Same here
Old 02-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I intend to be retired by 2030 so **** it.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:27 PM

But you'll still pay NI until state retirement age?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Who knew eh?

Even more tax cuts for the super-rich while the taxes for basic NHS care etc. are increased massively only to be phased out and replaced with a US-style insurance scheme which will 'save everyone money'.

It's all part of a plan for the Tories to make the rich even richer.

But still, idiots on minimum wage, and the medium well-off still vote for the c__ts because they believe the lies that they read, watch and hear, from the mega-rich owned and sponsored media blanket outlets.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
But you'll still pay NI until state retirement age?
Only if you work.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:56 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just out of interest what are you doing to get the goriest out ?

I would be more than happy to pay an additional 5% NI it it were protected for health and education.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 03-08-2019, 06:07 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Brilliant we already have the worst state pension in the developed world...

Old 03-08-2019, 06:35 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post

not really comparing apples with apples, is it.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:40 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
This must be up there with best spellchecks ever.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:58 AM

PalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldPalaceExile was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post

Im not disgreeing that UK state pensions are rubbish but I am interested in how that table is derived. The dutch pension is linked to minimum wage so an individual will end up with 70% of the net minimum wage and a couple will get 100% of net minimum wage.

If the table is correct then the average wage in the netherlands is at most 70% of miminumum wage. The maths dont work.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:42 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox View Post
One of the "agendas" given is increased life expectancy but this trend is now reversing.
Makes economic sense Boris reversing the sugar tax. Cheap fags and booze would help too. Get those pension payments down! Show pictures of happy people lighting up and attracting members of the opposite sex on fag packets instead of pics of lungs etc. - a tax saving winner.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 03-08-2019, 08:56 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post

I would be more than happy to pay an additional 5% NI it it were protected for health and education.

Iím in the early stages of setting up a political party, and working on a plan to restructure tax revenues.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Happy Felix Day!

The funny thing about the thread title and the OECD comparison is that the U.K. state pension deficit (whilst substantial) is low compared to some of our European colleagues. PAYG pensions will always catch up with a country eventually.