Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:03 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Impossible to judge McCarthy until he is really fit but today, admittedly against a side who didn't press too hard, our midfield had an impressive assurance in its build up play. It's nice to know that, at the very least, McCarthy will be an able option for us in midfield. It's starting to look as if the £11-12M we spent on Cahill, Ayew and McCarthy was very shrewd expenditure, even if not obviously inspiring. If only we had landed a truly pacy striker.
More like £5m
Old 09-10-2019, 05:09 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Didn't make the Ireland squad. Would've been nice for him to play some more minutes to get sharp, but if he's not going to start I suppose it benefits us to keep him here for training.

Werner Herzog
Old 09-10-2019, 05:15 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
Didn't make the Ireland squad. Would've been nice for him to play some more minutes to get sharp, but if he's not going to start I suppose it benefits us to keep him here for training.
Why on earth not?
Old 09-10-2019, 05:19 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Mick McCarthy already said he wouldn’t pick him as he doesn’t play enough and he doesn’t think he’s better than the midfielders he’s already got. Why would anyone pick McCarthy for international footballer when he’s barely played in three years? I imagine he’ll get back in if he plays more regularly.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:16 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
More like £5m
Cahill would not have been free, signing on fee etc costs money
Old 09-10-2019, 06:53 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Cahill would not have been free, signing on fee etc costs money
Obviously. But he is talking about transfer fees.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:02 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Everton fans are a bunch of whingers and dont take to anyone.....so the fact they really like McCarthy and were sympathetic with his injuries says a lot about his quality.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:04 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Everton fans are a bunch of whingers and dont take to anyone.....so the fact they really like McCarthy and were sympathetic with his injuries says a lot about his quality.
Yep, this in a nutshell. They do seem to really like McCarthy a lot.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:20 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Mick McCarthy already said he wouldn’t pick him as he doesn’t play enough and he doesn’t think he’s better than the midfielders he’s already got. Why would anyone pick McCarthy for international footballer when he’s barely played in three years? I imagine he’ll get back in if he plays more regularly.
Mick doesn't have better midfielders than James, but he does have ones who have shown they can get through 90 minutes regularly.

13th December 2016 was the last time McCarthy player 90 minutes in the Premier League before last Saturday. I agree that he will get back in once he is playing more regularly for us and playing 90 minutes week in week out.

Everton were always very upset with the way Ireland would call him up and play him even when he wasn't fully fit which they felt was party responsible for his injury issues. I am glad he is not called up yet.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:29 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
He needs to work an understanding with Wilf, got in his way a couple of times on Saturday...one incident of which allowed Shammers to break and led to the goal.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
More like £5m
That is truly in incredible amount to spend(or not spend) on 3 players, 2 of whom are now starters in the team.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:39 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jury still out for me. He is too quick to get in a bad tackle, and he loses the ball too often at present. Clearly he is not near peak fitness, and his injury problems are a big worry.
I was in favour of getting him, and thought Ayew and Cahill were bad buys so probably need to be ignored.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:40 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jury still out for me. He is too quick to get in a bad tackle, and he loses the ball too often at present. Clearly he is not near peak fitness, and his injury problems are a big worry.
I was in favour of getting him, and thought Ayew and Cahill were bad buys so probably need to be ignored.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
"I have spoken at length to James. He has recently moved to Crystal Palace and is only back playing", said manager, Mick McCarthy.

"James is completely free of injury, but the intensity of the Switzerland game was always going to be too much for James and we discussed that."

Doesn't sound like that to me. Just sounds like he is aware he needs to ease himself back into playing regularly and then he will want him back.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
"I have spoken at length to James. He has recently moved to Crystal Palace and is only back playing", said manager, Mick McCarthy.

"James is completely free of injury, but the intensity of the Switzerland game was always going to be too much for James and we discussed that."

Doesn't sound like that to me. Just sounds like he is aware he needs to ease himself back into playing regularly and then he will want him back.
That's as I remembered it too. I don't remember any comment re him not being better than other players. It would be an odd thing for him to say having gone to the trouble of travelling to watch him in an U23 match.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:37 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
That's as I remembered it too. I don't remember any comment re him not being better than other players. It would be an odd thing for him to say having gone to the trouble of travelling to watch him in an U23 match.
Mick McCarthy lives in Bromley I think. He might have walked there.

I've been surprised by James McCarthy's spite. I don't recall seeing it at his other clubs or for Ireland. No harm in a bit of it.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:45 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

The full quotes say that if he picked him in the squad he wouldn't start as he's happy with the midfield that he's been playing.

I'm sure McCarthy will get his chance again if he stays fit and gets games.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Mick doesn't have better midfielders than James, but he does have ones who have shown they can get through 90 minutes regularly.

13th December 2016 was the last time McCarthy player 90 minutes in the Premier League before last Saturday. I agree that he will get back in once he is playing more regularly for us and playing 90 minutes week in week out.

Everton were always very upset with the way Ireland would call him up and play him even when he wasn't fully fit which they felt was party responsible for his injury issues. I am glad he is not called up yet.
I don't think we know how good he still is. He's been out so long that we'll have to see if he's anywhere near the excellent player he once was. Let's hope he is. If he is, he'll walk back into the national team.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Mick McCarthy lives in Bromley I think. He might have walked there.

I've been surprised by James McCarthy's spite. I don't recall seeing it at his other clubs or for Ireland. No harm in a bit of it.
Ahhh.

Spite ???
Old 10-10-2019, 07:07 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
He was a really excellent player for them pre injury crisis, one of the better box to box midfielders in the league. I’m not sure he’ll ever get back to that level, but we still have a decent player on our hands if he can stay fit.