Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Saw a woman on Saturday with batshuayi on the back of her shirt. Nothing against people getting names on their shirt but why a player only on loan
Again, thats a problem for next seasons shirt!!

If we bought a player and sold them a year later, it's no different.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:44 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I saw someone with Wilkins on the back of their shirt at an Arsenal friendly in 1994.
Maybe he was paying homage to Delbert
Old 14-08-2019, 12:44 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Saw a woman on Saturday with batshuayi on the back of her shirt. Nothing against people getting names on their shirt but why a player only on loan
Where was she taking him?

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Loan or not, a shirt lasts mainly a season so if you like the player or just how the letters look who cares. Batshuayi did play for the club and scored some important goals so was part of our history even if it's just a small sentence on 18/19 in the history books.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:55 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
Again, thats a problem for next seasons shirt!!

If we bought a player and sold them a year later, it's no different.
Except Batshuayi was only here from January, so not a whole season.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Where was she taking him?
You're very strange!
Old 14-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Except Batshuayi was only here from January, so not a whole season.
The shirt still went out of date the same time the players loan did.
Old 14-08-2019, 01:31 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Slightly off topic but on a similar theme. Is the place in the Fanzone the only place you can get shirt printing done at Selhurst?

I went in there on Saturday pre match to get my Daughter's shirt done and the world and his wife were queuing at the cabin to get theirs done so chose otherwise. Maybe I'll give it another go against Villa.
Old 14-08-2019, 01:33 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
You're very strange!

No he's not, it's the first thing that popped into my mind too.
Old 14-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
No he's not, it's the first thing that popped into my mind too.
I know, me too ... But he will understand.
Old 14-08-2019, 04:53 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Slightly off topic but on a similar theme. Is the place in the Fanzone the only place you can get shirt printing done at Selhurst?

I went in there on Saturday pre match to get my Daughter's shirt done and the world and his wife were queuing at the cabin to get theirs done so chose otherwise. Maybe I'll give it another go against Villa.
Yes, only place. Unless you get there early, you're in for a long wait.
Old 14-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yes, only place. Unless you get there early, you're in for a long wait.

Itís sped up a bit since Wan Bissaka left...
Old 14-08-2019, 10:04 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Itís sped up a bit since Wan Bissaka left...
Yes we need another young South London and proud player to inspire the kids
Old 16-08-2019, 08:36 PM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Victor Camasara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Yes. In his club interview, he talked about that role. So he could play off Benteke in a 442.

In terms of the team make up, Roy might regard him as a striker rather than another midfielder.

Max and Andros wide, Camarasa and Wilf up top?
Old 16-08-2019, 10:15 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Yes we need another young South London and proud player to inspire the kids
I took chrisophiex post to mean they had less letters to iron on now as Wan-Bissaka is a long name, thus took up a lot of time.

Maybe your take is better though.
Old 16-08-2019, 10:25 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I took chrisophiex post to mean they had less letters to iron on now as Wan-Bissaka is a long name, thus took up a lot of time.

Maybe your take is better though.
Duh I hadnít even considered your take and I think youíre more likely to be right tbh
Old 16-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Yes. In his club interview, he talked about that role. So he could play off Benteke in a 442.
In terms of the team make up, Roy might regard him as a striker rather than another midfielder.
Surely he would have played upfront against Birmingham U23s if that was the case.
Old 17-08-2019, 05:54 AM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Victor has a solid performance this weekend, does he get his name corrected in this thread title?
Old 17-08-2019, 06:49 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In my opinion it would be a mistake if Camarasa were to be seen/used as a Striker, he has what is needed based on what we saw last season to be a attacking midfielder i.e movement, guile, vision, accurate passing, deceptive strength on the ball and can finish.
He is the type we have needed to fill the attacking midfield role for a long time, but i feel is NOT a Forward and if played there would take a battering from robust central defenders and would lose the effectiveness side of his game.
Ideally if played in a solid Midfield of........Luka..McCarthy..Meyer with Camarasa playing just ahead would give us solidity, flair and a goal threat from midfield something we have lacked for a long time. And Up Front..Zaha alongside Benteke, Batshuayi would have been ideal, but for now that for me would be the best/strongest formation we could put out currently.
Old 17-08-2019, 07:02 AM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
In my opinion it would be a mistake if Camarasa were to be seen/used as a Striker, he has what is needed based on what we saw last season to be a attacking midfielder i.e movement, guile, vision, accurate passing, deceptive strength on the ball and can finish.
He is the type we have needed to fill the attacking midfield role for a long time, but i feel is NOT a Forward and if played there would take a battering from robust central defenders and would lose the effectiveness side of his game.
Ideally if played in a solid Midfield of........Luka..McCarthy..Meyer with Camarasa playing just ahead would give us solidity, flair and a goal threat from midfield something we have lacked for a long time. And Up Front..Zaha alongside Benteke, Batshuayi would have been ideal, but for now that for me would be the best/strongest formation we could put out currently.

So, Andros would make way?